We stayed at the LBV Resort Village and Spa from May 5 - May 12. We booked through a flight/hotel package with Expedia. The total cost for the room for seven nights was $770 (incl taxes and fees). There were 6 adults and 2 children in our party. We booked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. We requested to be in block 5 for our three bed, two bath unit. When we arrived at noon our room was not ready, due to the fact that we had specifically requested a block 5 room. (In order to do this we called ahead and requested and then reconfirmed 24 hours in advance when they do the room assignments). We put our bags in the locker room and headed to the pool. There is a great bar/restaurant at the pirate-ship pool, so we hung out there while we waited for the rest of our party to arrive and our room to be made ready.
WOW! It had three large bedrooms, two with King beds and one with two doubles. Each room had it's own television. The master suite had a large jacuzzi tub, a vanity, and a separate powder room, and a large closet. The other two bedrooms shared a very large bathroom with tub/shower. The kitchen was open to the dining/living area. It was very well appointed with utensils, wine opener, dishes, a few tupperware containers, pots & pans, and knives. There was a dishwasher and a washer/dryer. There is a welcome pack with soap for all the appliances, however if you are planning on spending any time I suggest you get your own dishwasher soap and laundry soap. There is a balcony with a patio set as well. The temperature control in the room was very easy to use and kept us cool in the 30+ degree heat. We bought groceries at the Superwalmart (about 500m down the road) and made most of our meals at the condos (which saved us tons of money)
The hotel: There is an Irish Pub, the pool bar, and a convenience store (more expensive than Walmart) on the premises. Members of our party ate at the Irish Pub and enjoyed it. The Pool bar had a nice selection of snacks (healthy or not) and drinks for prices comparable to the theme parks. The pool has a great water slide and it is zero-entry. The kids loved it! There are lots of shady spots as well as a hot tub (though at 30deg I'm not sure that it got used much) We never looked for chairs and the pool hours are 7am-10pm which is fantastic. Right next door (walking distance) is one of the outlet malls. We found the prices there to be comparable to home. There is a food court style restaurant that is a bit pricey. Parking is plentiful. If you don't opt for the housekeeping you can request garbage bags and tp at the front desk as necessary.
The location: To get to Disney is about a 5-10min drive to Epcot (depending on traffic) The other parks are further from there. We were surprised at the distances between the parks once on the park grounds. There is a shuttle that leaves the hotel at 8:55 and 11:25. It goes to Epcot. If you want to go to other parks from there you have to catch a couple of buses, but we never waited too long. The shuttles return from Epcot at 6:20 and 10:20. Unfortunately if you want to catch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom you will not be able to get back to Epcot in time to catch the shuttle. There are cabs available but we were charged between $27-34 each time. Parking at Disney is currently $14.00 (but I believe the waterparks are free as is Downtown Disney)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa Orlando, Florida