“Great place to stay for a young family.”

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #97 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“Great place to stay for a young family.”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I wasn't expecting much because this was a great price but I was thrilled with this place for my family. If you have a car stay here. Driving to Disney is a great choice if your bringing kids and strollers. Warning your kids may not want to go to Disney once they see the pool.
They are restaurants on site that will deliver. And our master had a big jacuzzi tub and the shower had great pressure.
I do plan on staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Happiness77537
ManagementCompany, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
We’re so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations on your recent stay! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,306)
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stayed at this resort in May/12 for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom suite in bldg 5. This resort is very well looked after both inside and outside. The grounds are well manicured with lots of beautiful flowers. The pool area is great, with a pirate ship slide. There is also another pool between bldgs 1 & 2. Frankie Farrell's Irish pub is a great place to eat...we had the Fish & Chips...it was the BEST we have ever had. Factory outlet shopping right on the premises.

Suite was very beautiful...guite spacious with nice furniture. Beds very comfortable...no problems with the bedsheets as in previous reviews.

Had only one minor issue...balcony railing soiled with bird feces. Requested cleaning at least twice, but was never done. Eventually tried to clean it off ourselves but did not do a good job as we did not have right cleaner

Overall a great place to stay. Would recommend to everyone and would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Get discount coupons from hotel for the factory outlet stores.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cruise-Addic
ManagementCompany, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Thank you for your review! We’re so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and insights and will pass them along to our management team. We also appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you at our resort again very soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Just came back from our trip and I have to say this was the best resort we have stayed at in Orlando. The kids loved the large pool with the Pirate ship and the large three bedroom we stayed in had a great view of the Disney fireworks at night. The Outlet Mall next door to the resort has some great discounts stores and this was helpful during our downtime away from the kids. I would recommend this resort to families and we will book our next trip there for sure.

4 Thank sharonlbv
We love to hear such wonderful things from our guests! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted that you had a great stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My family and I recently stayed at lake buena vista resort. We were extremely happy with everything they had to offer. The staff was extremely exceptional. Very eager to accommodate. I actually never have written a review on any place we've gone or visited but I was so pleased with our stay here I wanted to share with others thinking of staying at this resort. Especially with small children. myn loved it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Michael C
ManagementCompany, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your first review! We’re delighted that you had an excellent stay with us. We hope to see you back again soon - thanks for sharing!
London
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Arrived at resort at 02.20 am and the staff couldn't have been more helpful from the reception staff to the security guard who managed to remove the ignition key from my hire car when i couldn't.The suite I stayed in had everything from a shower and separate bath to a washing machine 3 TVs.Breakfast was provided just across the road and was very good. The pool was clean. The car park was secure was very well lit. The other good security feature was that you had to put your room key in a reader in the lift to get up or down to the floor you needed. As with all of Florida you will need to have a hire car,a shuttle bus service is available but has to be booked 24 hours in advance.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view on an upper floor
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank knightfamily4
We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable vacation with us! Our staff will be happy to hear you appreciated their service and hospitality. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We love hearing from our guests!
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My family and I stayed her years ago when it first opened and decided to try it again since they added more buildings, another pool, spa, restaurant, etc. First all the positivies: we had a 3 bdrm/3bth room which was fantastic. I loved having so much space, having the full kitchen, and washer/dryer. The whirlpool tubs..one in each king room worked well and we used them often after being at parks all day. We didn't have to pack as many clothes knowing we could do laundry which gave us more room for souvenirs from Disney, Universal, Sea World, etc. Everything in the room was clean, beds were comfortable and everything worked well. I used the stove, refrigerator, garbage disposal, washer/dryer and dishwasher and the only problem was the ice maker didn't make ice.

The location is fantastic...very close to Disney, Universal, Sea World and many restaurants and shopping. Just behind the resort is the factory outlet shopping center and there is a World of Coffee shop....best food and desserts....we went there often and could walk it was so close.

They have 2 pools and the newest is the one with the pirate ship which my daughter and I enjoyed several times. Very nice and clean & they have a place to get food and drinks but we never bought anything. I did think the pool was a bit small for the size of the resort. The other pool is also fairly small as well.

The restaurant on site was okay. Food was decent, but nothing special, we only ate there once for lunch.

Fitness center was decent, all equipment worked well. They also have a convenience store which does have a lot of things in case you forgot something, but pricey, just go down to Walmart it's only 2 minutes away by car.

The reason I can't give this place a great rating is for several reasons. The negatives: first, their internet was horrible. We had 4 laptops with us since my teenagers wanted to have their internet time each night and we couldn't get connected at all at first. After complaining to the front desk they gave us an ethernet cable which helped but you could only connect one computer in the living room where the ethernet outlet was and so we had to share one laptop and it was still very slow. Secondly, their parking lots are small and sometimes we had to park quite a ways away from our building which was a pain when you had lots of packages and things to carry with you. Thirdly, our room faced the outlet stores and I was awakened every morning around 5am due to garbage being picked up or early morning deliveries being made to the outlet stores. And finally, you must pay for housekeeping if you want any services at all and I choose the $5/day to get new towels and get our garbage and used towels picked up. They came around 4-5pm each day and the new towels had a musty/mildew smell a few days. On the last day, when housekeeping grabbed our towels from our room, I noticed my daughters new swimsuit was missing and I'm sure they grabbed it with the towels by mistake. I called the front desk right away but they told me the towels get shipped out to some cleaning company who does many other hotels towels and sheets and there would probably be no way for me to get it back. Not the end of the world, but my 14 year old daughter was not happy at all. I left my name and number but never heard anything.

I would come back here again, but would ask for a room not facing the stores and wouldn't bother with housekeeping at all.

Room Tip: Choose Bldg 5 or 6 and if you can't get in one of those, stay in Bldg 3.
5 Thank lawheel
We are happy that you and your family chose to return to our resort, and that you enjoyed the amenities we offer. We apologize for any troubles you may have experienced, especially your daughter’s lost swimsuit. Thank you for all of your feedback, as it helps us to improve for future guests’ experiences. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again!
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My family and i went ot Orlando in May for our first time, although our room was booked incorrectly by the internet company , Cait at the front desk made it right . We had a rental car so we did not use the suttle, very well located and easy get to Universal, Sea World and Disney but EVERYTHING was amazing and I can't wait to go back . Our suite was amazing , clean, cool and quiet. Pool was AWESOME , my girls 10 and 13 had a blast ,See you in May 2013.

3 Thank jackie9901
We are so happy to hear you had such a great experience with us and found our location and staff to be helpful! We look forward to seeing you again in May 2013!