“a villa in everything but name”

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #98 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“a villa in everything but name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

sorry its taken me so long to get down to doing this but here goes . lake buena vista resort is by far the best holiday accomadation we have EVER stayed . the rooms were very clean , huge by hotel standard , everything you could want was catered for . living area and kitchen were combined into one very large open plan area consisting of a fully fitted kitchen with all the appliances you would need if you were going to use them , but as you are in orlando the food is cheap and plentiful so you find the cooking stuff mostly redundant , great big fridge tho for all the cool drinks you want , asda , sorry walmart , is just 5 mins up the road . main bedroom was very luxourious with a massive bed ( really ) jaccuzi in room (seriously ) his"n"hers vanity basins and a large walk in shower . also in the main bedroom is the luggage room /walk in wardrobe with built in safe . bedroom 2 had two doubles with own bathroom as well . we stayed in building 5 floor 10 and could watch disney fireworks every night at 10pm then just sit on the balcony and watch the stars . the pool was big enough for size of hotel , staff were friendly if you ever needed them , but you really dont , as everything is catered to for (honestly ) frankie farrels pub has really good food and probably the best fish"n"chips i have ever tried . like i said before walmart is 5 mins away and "The 192 " is only another couple of mins . The 192 is much the same as international drive . all in all i would recommend this hotel to anyone and expect them to love it i honestly cant understand some of the reviews i have read , but i suppose some people will never be happy . again i give the hotel and resort 10 out of 10
ps cable tv in each room , plama in main

Room Tip: building 5
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank homer1963
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
10 out of 10. That's Awesome! Thank you so much for reviewing our property with such detail. It was almost like being there :) I'm sure that our future guests will find it very helpful. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate all the kind words and recommendation. We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,277)
Tyne and Wear
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel. Prior to my visit some of the reviews I read we're not giving me confidence in my choice, however on my arrival and room allocation my confidence was completely restored !
We were a party of 6 staying in a 3 bedroom apartment, there was plenty of room for us all. It was clean, tidy and have everything we needed.
The bus service to the parks was excellent.
The pool and jacuzzi's at the pool were great, my children enjoyed spending there evenings in the pool after a busy day at the park.
My only negative comment is a about the shop on site, it was so expensive, I went once after that went to Walmart which is less than a mile away. If the shop was average convenience store prices I would have used it many more times.
The factory stores next to the hotel were very good.
I look forward to returning one day !

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Lucytyne
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you for sharing this review about your stay at our resort. We are glad that you and your family had a great time. We are also very happy to hear that you all enjoyed our pool and accommodations. We appreciate your feedback regarding our gift shop and will pass it along to our management team. We will be looking forward to you and your family’s next visit to our resort.
Milton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

We were almost sorry we rented a car as everything we needed was right there with the exception of a grocery store. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. I loved having a washer and dryer. The pool was awsome; the kids would have stayed there all day everyday. The service was good and they went above and beyond to take care of our needs! We look forward to going back

3 Thank Gail B
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We’re thrilled to hear that our resort offered you and your family everything you needed to have a fantastic vacation! We would absolutely love to have you all stay with us again!
Cathedral City, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Well I would like to have stayed at this place but after the service that i had received on a recent phone call from 2 associates that work there. I am so glad that Hot wire was able to allow me to cancel and make a new reservation at another resort.

Ko and Lakisha where very unhelpful when asking a question regrading their resort fee. As making a reservation though a third party you should not have to look all over the place to find it. Then was asked by Ko well What page are you looking at in a domineer that was say in i was stupid and didn't know what i was doing. I again repeated the website this time spelling it out for him. again was responded this site is non existent. I then said well it is your site don't you know your own sites address? He then again had to spell it out for him finally getting it correct. I then was told that I would have to go though the booking process to find out the resort fee. But right out in the open we are told that there are Housekeeping fees so why not what the resort fees are too? I just didn't understand why it was so hidden. He then started to tell me not to raise my voice but i never did just had to interrupt him as he had interrupted me as i was talking to him and was making excuses that I didn't make the website. I started to get frustrated and then asked to speak to his manager. Yea a wait now. 3 min I wait and Lakisha comes on We start talking about the same thing again there was no real listening just interrupting and trying to make me feel stupid again by talking Slow and enunciating words what kind of service is that 4 star hell no it was the worst I have ever been treated. I asked is this the service i am going to receive when I get there? she then said if you feel that way then cancel I then responded well cant really with it being a 3rd party reservation (she should have known that). Then was given a response what do you want then. i said what can you give me a simple question what is she allowed or could assist with. Again she stated what do you want. I again stated what can you offer me. I wanted to know if there are any choices a simple question that could have been resolved with and answer like this " you know what I am really sorry about how our website is designed I will take your feedback and see if we can make changes to it. i would also like to personally let you know that you will receive the service you will be expecting from our resort and will check up on your family during it." That s all I really wanted to know that my feed back was heard and we felt that the service we would receive would be great.

I will say this that if you plan on staying here and you have a issue and one of these two associates are to help out get ready for a battle cause it seems like they don't care about the guests!!!

Room Tip: Dont Book Here
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris H
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thank you for your review of your conversation with our reservations department. Providing excellent customer service is very important to us, and I am truly sorry that your experience left you feeling otherwise. I hope that you have had the chance to read some of the other reviews that our previous guests have written here on Trip Advisor, and who can attest to our commitment to our guests. I hope that you might reconsider booking with us, and would urge you to contact me directly at mnolan@staysky.com if you would like to do so. I’m sorry for the bad first impression that we have given you, but hope that you will give us the opportunity to gain your trust.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Great experience from the moment we checked in. Sean was working the front desk, and his customer service was exceptional. He made sure we had everything we needed and had a great attitude. We stayed here in March when we were doing the Disney parks with our kids. We had such a great time, we came back again over Labor Day just to enjoy the resort! Our kids loved the pool, the amenities were awesome, the room was spacious and spotless, and it is close to so many fun things to do. Personally, I love having the extra bedroom for the kids so my husband and I can have our own privacy. And kudos to the really great staff at the pool side restaurant, as they could not have been nicer. Overall awesome experience!

Room Tip: Building 5 faces the pirate ship pool, so my kids loved the view while eating breakfast on the balco...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Diane R
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Thank you for sharing such kind words! We are very excited to hear that you had a great stay. We're glad you enjoyed our amenities, our Pirates Plunge Pool, and our spacious rooms! We strive to provide the ultimate experience for each and every guest, so knowing that our staff contributed to your positive experience is simply wonderful! Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other readers. We look forward to seeing you here again.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Great three bedroom suite, with heaps of room and all the facilities we needed. Extremely comfortable and well appointed. The Irish Pub was brilliant for dinner and the adjoining Outlet Stores provided heaps of bargains and helped separate us from much of our spending money! Kids loved the pool. Location was OK - I guess Orlando is so spread out that wherever you are it's best if you have a car. We did and had no dramas at all. Love to come back one day.

Room Tip: I guess all the rooms are similar, apart from the view. But then who has time to take in the view?!
2 Thank Mikey1966
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and fellow TripAdvisor readers! We're so glad that you had a great stay and were able to enjoy our spacious and comfortable room! We're also glad you got to experience the delicious dining at Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub & Grille, as well as the great shopping at Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Once again, thank you for your lovely words - we greatly value your feedback. We hope to see you back here very soon
Lethbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

The overall facility was very clean. The suites were spacious and it was wonderful to have the washer and dryer in the room. The downfall was the number of shuttles offered. They were very limited in number and often we just ended up taking a cab at the end of the day. The shuttles were very crowded, but they were comfortable with very friendly and efficient drivers. It may be valuable to rent a car...but then there is parking to contend with.
There was not a great place to purchase groceries within walking distance. We ended up taking a cab to and from Walmart. We stayed in building 5 with a pool view. It was quiet and nice to have the outdoor deck. The beds were a little firm, but other than that, was a great play to stay.

I would recommend this hotel. The spa was excellent...I had a manicure and pedicure with Michael, the price was reasonable and I felt relaxed and not at all rushed. Best spa experience I have had in any city. Ask for Michael, you will not regret it!

Room Tip: Building 5 with a poolside view was excellent and very quiet.
5 Thank EagleLethbridge
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for sharing with us. We’re glad we were able to provide you and your family with a wonderful vacation. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our spa and accommodations. Thank you for sharing your room and vacation tips for our future guests. We would love to have you back at our resort very soon.