“Great hotel - great staff”

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #94 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We recently stayed here in jan - February 2014. This was our third trip to the resort, and again it never lets us down. After long flight from uk and getting at the hotel quite late the reception staff were exceptional and very efficient. The room as always was superb affording us a great view of Disney fireworks. As always we used the housekeeping service several times during our 3 week stay and found them to be reliable and very good value for money.
I would really like to mention the GSM Trish white who was a great help during our stay a true font of knowledge and is a great asset to the resort and we can't praise her work ethics highly enough.
The Irish pub on site Frankie Farrell's is superb, the staff there which include Judy, billy, Ryan, Alex, Paul, Jeremy to name but a few were all great to be around and all very professional in their attitude to all around them (also the food is great too).
The small shop on site though convenient is quite expensive and trip to walmart 2 minutes down road will save quite a considerable amount.
My wife for the first time used the spa and found this experience great and also quite inexpensive.
The staff in the spa according to my wife were also very professional.
One suggestion I would make is that it would be great if there was some good live music on site either jimmy Buffett style at the tiki bar on hot days or a good old fashioned Irish singer in or outside Frankie's on a warm pleasant evening.

Room Tip: Building 5 is great tho all the top room floors are great for views. This is great family hotel as...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Roger O
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback, and for your loyalty! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us for a third time, and are glad to hear that you had another fantastic stay. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to Trish, the Frankie Farrell's staff, and our spa team. We appreciate your suggestion, and will relay it to the appropriate department. We hope to welcome you all back again soon,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great apartment in a great place. I want to buy one now. Irish pub on site has amazing food and staff. Swimming pool and slide was great for the kids( and me). Great outlet shopping next door and a massive walmart up the road for all those bags of m&m's

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank russell h

Thanks so much for your comments. We are thrilled that you and your family had a fantastic stay with us, and that you enjoyed our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I travelled with my family this past December 2013 and rented a 3 room condo. Check-in was quick and everybody seemed efficient, at least until that point in time. Initially, we felt happy about the rooms' quality and the general neatness of the entire hotel. We stayed for 8 days in total. On the seventh day, my cell phone (an iPhone) got lost from the room after I left it there by accident before taking off to a mall nearby. I realized it was gone mere hours after I initially left the room.The cleaning staff were openly telling "they wouldn't refer about the incident" even though we kindly ask them if they knew what happened. Then I spoke to the manager who advised me he would have his people look for it. He gave me his contact details.

After a couple of weeks of not hearing from anybody, I send them an email that to this very day remains without a reply. We called directly the hotel to get an answer and all we got was "we looked everywhere but could not find anything, sorry". The lack of ownership and assistance from everybody, whether it was the manager or the hotel's personnel who we got in the phone, is astonishing. As a yearly visitor of the Orlando area, I haven't experienced such a thing. Even though we liked the facilities, there's no way we could trust our belongings to be safe in this hotel, reason why we will not visit it again and will certainly not recommend it to anybody, given the bad experience and the uninterested, disattached response and support given. I wish I could have said thing differently, but the circumstances force me not to recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: If you do visit this hotel, watch out for your belongings!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Julio M

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience. We are very sorry to hear about the incident with your phone, and will certainly relay your comments to our management team for review. We are glad that you enjoyed our resort, and hope that you might give us another opportunity in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a good with large rooms, although the rooms are a wee bit dated and could do with some freshening up. Saying that we were pleasantly surprised with the size. We booked a double room but when we arrived we were given a two bedroom suite, which was far bigger than we needed but greatly appreciated. The hotel is about twenty minutes from Orlando airport. It has two swimming pools plus a gym room, games room, small grocery shop which also sells rake away pizzas and an Irish themed bar which has a good choice menu and is very competitively priced. The hotel is right next to an outlet mall which has lots of good shops with very decent prices. The hotel offers a complimentary bus to both Disney and Universal which should be booked the night before from either the concierge or hotel reception. Only downside would be that we felt that the bus from universal back to the hotel could be later as it was only 20 minutes after the park closed which meant if you wanted to eat at one of several restaurants you had to leave the parks early. The hotel is inly about five minutes from Disney and 15 minutes from Universal if you wanted to drive. Plus the hotel offers free parking which is a nice touch as several of the hotels we checked were charging for parking.The only real downside to the hotel was that you had to pay for cleaning if you wanted your room cleaned. Now I wasn't really wanting a maid in everyday but at least twice a week would have been good if only to refresh towels, toiletries and toilet roll. Other than that it was a cracking hotel and we would definitely use this hotel again and highly recommend it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gregg L

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that you particularly enjoyed our great location and wonderful amenities. We appreciate your comments, and your recommendation to others, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My Wife and I stayed for almost 1 month in Jan / Feb 2014 at this resort. We were very tired after a very long trip from the UK, when we arrived and we were checked in pretty quickly and we were given a suite in the main building on the fourth floor above reception. The room area was enormous and very clean. The kitchen was new and very well stocked with all one would need for a self catering hoiliday, the only thing we did not find were egg cups!! so it was more than enough for a family. The room was very quiet and the balcony was a delight with some great views. bearing in mind this is not the most expensive place to stay it was surprisingly good. If you are bring children then it has a great pool and from what we observed they all seemed to enjoying the slide on the big boat into the pool. The staff at this resort were excellent and all were most helpfull. We can mention Blossom and and all the other boys and girls in main reception and a very special thanks to Trish White in the office, she was just wonderful and so very kind and helpfull. Because it is self catering you do have to to do your own laundry but for just a little extra they will also take care of that for you. In the kitchen were a dish washed, washing machine and dryer, so it was easy to keep things fresh and it had its own iron and ironing board. Hair dryers are small but work well. The area is ideal for getting around and no where is too far away, you are not in the centre of I-Drive and not in Disney but 5 -15 minutes drive and that is ideal. There is a bus to the disney resorts but a car is best to get shopping and going to the malls of which the area has 4/5 great centres, one you can walk to from the resort. Prices are really very good and you may have to cater for an extra suitcase on your return. There is a very well stocked shop on site and the Irish Pub offer some good deals on food. The pool bar is well run and the staff very pleasant, limited menu for lunch time but still plenty of choice if you can not make it back to your room. We will be going back and Lake Buena Vista Resort will be our first choice. Read all the reports and do a little pre arrival work on where you would like to stay in this fairly large resort. e-mail aheady if you have any special requests and we am sure you will get a sympathetic response.

Room Tip: Make it known before you arrive what you expect from the resort and make sure they understand your s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay. We are so glad that you got to spend a nice long visit with us...our suite are perfect for longer stays! We are delighted that you were impressed by our staff, and will be sure to pass your compliments on to Blossom, Trish and the rest of the team. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Spent 3 nights at this resort between February 2 - 4 2014. We rented a 3 bedroom condo and found the rooms to be great! Very spacious and clean. Agree that the furnishing need to be updated. Short walk to the Outlet mall and a short drive to a Walmart. It's better to go to Walmart and pick up any groceries, water and alcohol. If you are planning on staying more than a few days, you will want to bring toilet paper, kleenex and shampoo.

Room Tip: Suggest that you ask to stay in building 5. It's close to the main children s pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shakerToronto

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed our suites on your recent stay. We are also glad that you found our location convenient for shopping. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Like any list of reviews some people can find negatives with anything. However from check in to check out I had nothing but excellent service. I can specifically name Natthally as who helped me the most, but the others at the front desk were all kind and patient with me as I tend to always lose a key or forget one thing or another. My room was wonderful, or should I say rooms. The kitchen was large and everything was clean. I have to say I enjoyed the enormous bathtub most of all. My room was also on the 14th floor and had a very large balcony. I truly could have comfortably had a nice size party, but alas... It was only me traveling.
The gals that worked the convenience store / Pizza Hut across the street were darling and helpful and to top it off, my last night there I REALLY needed a stiff drink which I found at the Irish pub connected to the hotel. The food was just fine too. Cute bartenders to admire but they were also professional. I had sports events that I was attending so I had to get to Hollywood Studios one day and then ESPN, it was a very easy drive.
I will be back next year. I enjoyed my solitude. I enjoyed their helpfulness, I sadly enjoyed the outlet mall a bit too much (I had to buy an extra suitcase) and I just all around had a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: 14th and 15th floor have larger decks, take advantage of the great kitchen, I stocked up for breakfa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AnnieB26

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear that from start to finish you had a fantastic experience. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to all of our staff who will be thrilled to hear that they impacted your stay. We hope to welcome you back again the next time you are visiting this area.