Myself, my husband & 14 year old son stayed here for 9 nights in April (we had previously stayed for 2 weeks here in April 2011). We requested the same room as before however when we arrived we were told we had been given an upgrade to block 5 on the 14th floor with a fireworks view. As before the apartments are lovely & spacious, good sized twin bed room for my son with bathroom, the master bedroom has Jacuzzi bath, double shower, walk in wardrobe, twin sinks & the living area and kitchen are good size with balcony to sit on. It is very centrally located, plus the pool & pool bar are good if you want a rest day from the parks. Parking is free and plenty of space, there is a small shop on site, plus a takeaway pizza place & an Irish pub. The shopping outlet is right next door and there is another larger designer outlet a bit further away. Walmart is under 5 minute drive away.
The downside we experienced was being awoken at 3.30 in the morning by upstairs apartment sounding like a running track & lots of noise, I called the front desk and they sent security straight up there so problem was sorted plus those guests left within a day, our dishwaher didn't work & maintenance men did try to sort the problem but we had to wait for a part, then 3 days after our first sleep disruption we were woken at 6.20 in the morning by what sounded like a heard of elephants upstairs. This time I went to reception & asked to be moved as we had no dishwasher plus I couldn't face another nights disrupted sleep (we think the sound proofing isn't very good). The manager who upgraded us apologised and said above us was a 4 bedroom apartment, if I had known this I wouldn't have accepted the upgrade as obviously going to be a lot of people and whilst we appreciate you cant help a certain amount of noise this was above what was acceptable. To their credit we were immediately offered another room which we took on the 12th floor, bit of a pain having to pack up and move everything but was worth it for a good nights sleep. The only reason I haven't given this an excellent rating was because of noise at night, but guess we were just unlucky as when we stayed before we didn't have a single complaint. I have recommended this resort to friends who have been and been perfectly happy.
As we have been to Florida a few times we wont be going back but if we were then I would still stay here because of location & space of apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa Orlando, Florida