I'm the sort of the person who looks at reviews and any negatives can affect my decision, so I'm going to be brief but honest:
Location - excellent
Shop on site - rip off but if you're desperate.......!
Pizza Hut on site - expensive but a life saver if you arrive late and hungry
Irish Bar - very expensive
Main Pool - great but no own drinks/food allowed and theirs v expensive
Reception - great staff and always assisted when called them from room (more towels and help with washing machine etc)
Room - very good. We were in Block 2 which they said had been refurbished. it was absolutely fine, but apart from new carpet I don't think it had. It had everything we needed though in terms of facilities. Washed and dried clothes and towels, paid for $40 clean which was not brilliant but saved us changing bed sheets! No towel rails though or hooks so drying 7 towels not easy. Sofa bed uncomfortable unless you are a child or a light weight person. Main room bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on. Air-con/room fans brilliant. Trash easily disposed of as a Trash Room on each floor to drop it.
Site - very clean, loads of parking
Outlet - 2 mins walk away and amazing!
Water - drinkable but it smells like sulphur (which is normal but off-putting)
We ordered a Chinese and it was delivered very hot and was lovely. Orange chicken is amazing and all we had tasted like UK Chinese food and rice in the cardboard boxes!!!
Ate at places we found in TA - Longhorn (amazing steaks), Bonefish, Millers Ale House (fab offers and Wed is always half price lobster special). Denny's all food great, Wendy's great burgers, TGI's wasn't bad not wasn't great, same for Chilli's.
Shopping at Walmart just 5 mins away by car but DON'T GO ANY EVENINGS AS IT 'S CARNAGE! Go in the morning. The check-out staff pack for you and work at a snail's pace and it took us 60 mins to queue to check-out. Shopping rage - hell yes!!!!!
I emailed them before we went and they told me no pool towels provided but when we got to the pool there was! Annoying as 4 towels takes up a fair bit of your luggage allowance!
We had a car and a sat nav and went out every day to parks, kayaking, NASA, shopping and eating and everything was really great.
Would definitely stay here again, but cost with Thomson £1000+ more already for next Aug.
I am a cautious holidayer but honestly everything at LBVR was very good so go for it if you are looking at booking it. Also, there was free wifi so kids were happy.
PS - Buy the re-fillable drinks wherever you can at parks. No food can be taken in unless you have a dietary need. Wish I was still there :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa Orlando, Florida