“Wonderful place with all the amenities!”

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #98 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
NJ
“Wonderful place with all the amenities!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2009

Just returned today 4/25 . Totally satisfied with my choice -- a home away from home. Our 2-bedroom suite included fully loaded kitchen, washer/dryer, TV's in every room, jacuzzi, living room and dinette area. With the Super Walmart right across the street, we saved lots of $$ by cooking some meals. A totally relaxing place with a great room. The beds were comfortable. My daughter is 6 and needs her own bedroom (or she won't sleep!). When I tried to get a suite in WDW, I was seeing prices like $550 per night (Polynesian). Here we paid $119 per night with the Magic Card discount. Magic card is free from Orlando Tourism.
Some staff were excellent and some were mediocre. When I asked for laundry detergent, they delivered it free right to our room within 10 minutes. Then when I asked if they supplied more coffee for the coffee maker one night, I was told, "It depends. Under certain circumstances." (???) Not that it really mattered, hubby just ran to the Walmart, but that was a strange answer.
I'm the kind of person who doesn't like Housekeeping in my room when I'm away, so it didn't matter that there was no daily Housekeeping. For $30, they will do a complete suite cleaning. For $5, they will empty all the trash and replace all the towels, which we did once.
LBV Resort Village was 10-15 minutes from the parks, very convenient, and a real pleasure.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,278)
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2009

We stayed here with our kids 14 and 16 and my in laws, we got 2, 3 bedroom condos. Upon check in the staff was very friendly and nice. When asked they made sure that our rooms were right next to each other in building 5. The condos were very nice, big flat screen TV's, big jacuzzi tub in the master bath. The kitchen has all new appliances, granite counter tops. I will say they have the basic cooking items, so if you have kids you may want to pick up a pizza pan and cutter while at the store getting groceries, that is my only complaint about the place. We went to walmart, which is 1 mile down the road and got stuff for breakfast and lunch, and we ate out at night. My in-laws who have traveled all over the world and stayed in many places, loved this place, they thought it was very clean and nice. The pool was great and the pirate ship was so cool, all the kids loved and it the slide that goes through the ship. Mind you we have a 14 yr old son and a 16 yr old girl, so if they liked it, it must be cool. They had a great time hanging out by the pool, in the sun with the family.
Amanda the bartender at the Tiki Lounge by the pool was very nice, the kids loved the Fruit, cheese and cracker trays, and the nachos. now the drinks I thought were a little exspensive, $9 for a pina colada was a bit much, that was my only complaint about that, but still had a great time. I have to say that the staff works very hard here and it is very apparent in the grounds, they are very well manicured, and clean. We had everything that we needed and it was so nice to not have housekeeping, no one in your room everyday and there is a washer and dryer in the condo, so it was nice to throw n a load of laundry and have what you needed cleaned right there, great for kids and their messes.
We rented a car, which I highly recommend, this place is off international drive by sea world, we went to universal and city walk, which is always fun, great food, great for people watching, a band was playing there in the open they are just starting out, so that was cool. We drove one day over to the Gulf side about an hour or so away, we went to Honeymoon Island state park and took a boat to Calidesi Island $10 , which we love. It is beautiful, white sand beach, clear water, we have been there the last 2 yrs and love it and the kids went kayaking in the ocean (I was nervous, but Dad thought they could handle it, they were fine) my in laws loved it, they didnt want to leave. It was an adventure, there were a few sting rays in the water and fish and it was cool.
I think a vacation is what YOU make of it, if you relax and let go a little and enjoy yourself everything else falls into place, if you are negative and whiny then you will pick apart everything. This place was great and we would definatly go back. We had a great time, this place has a lot to offer. It is new development for more buildings, this is a hidden gem and for what we paid it was a steal. Have a great time!

1 Thank Rick9208
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

Just returned after ten days in LBV Resort Village and Spa, For a new property being two years old I was a little disappointed with the condition of our two bed suite. The carpet felt wet and the chairs were quite dirty. The sheets barley fit the bed as it was king size and would keep moving in the bed when you move. The bedroom Fan did not work and the toaster and hair dryer were broken. These are little problems but not good enough for a property thats only two years old.
The location is excellent close to everything but do not try and enter address in your GPS as it cannot be found as we discovered at 1.30am when we arrived. Raymond who was on reception that night was not very happy to give directions and be helpful. A welcoming of friendliness you will not receive.Reception staff not helpful at all and not very informative regarding the rest of Florida. The cleaning staff were very friendly.

The two swimming pools are excellent ,one being quiet and having good shade most of the day but always staying warm, the other having the pirate ship and loads of atmosphere. Young children of a certain height are not permitted to go on this as it is 5ft deep in pool. Parasols not provided for sunbeds.

LVB resort and spa is very good and I would go back but it is important to know all the negitive things and one that might bring down the place is cleaning. You can have your suite cleaned each day for $30.00 for a proper clean or $5.00 for rubbish disposal and towel change. These rates are high enough for daily use so bare that in mind.

The other thing is that the mini market is quite expensive and the pool bar does not have a great choise of food nor does it taste great.Frankie Farrells grill and bar is alright but how hard is it to serve hot food.

Please dont let me put you off this condo as I said I am being picky and would go back again but thought you should know these little things,also bring your own pool towels as theirs are quite skimpy.

1 Thank bikinidiva
Swindon, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

We did have a great time here: staying ten nights at the start of April this year.

I have to say I agree with bits of most of the other reviews: both negative and positive. The staff were rude and rigid: we got the 'our computer's are down so we can't check you in until 4pm' and magically they worked at 4pm!!! I did wonder if this was a ploy, clearly it is, it would be better if they said 'Your room isn't ready yet'. We'd driven up from Miami having flown in from Heathrow and it was 3pm, I don't think that it's unreasonable to expect to be able to get into your room. I agree too that the 'absolutely no late check outs' smacks of lack of care for the customer, and all the stuff about stealing is way over the top.

Whilst we enjoyed the pirate ship, we feel that they could've made it so much more: more water slides, or allow the children to climb on it as an adventure play ground. It is true, the pool area was VERY busy. There was not enough parking for everyone, every night there were cars on the road. It is disappointing that there wasn't a midstay clean: after 7 nights, most places like this do do a clean after 7 nights. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a hoover/cleaning stuff in the apartment but we only had a large broom, no dustpan and brush and the security latch was broken and the lights didn't work in all the rooms. Some initial dishwasher packets/washing stuff would be a nice touch. We were in building 5 and could see the Disney fireworks which was lovely.

One day the cleaner of the apartment above us, chucked water over the balcony over us sitting on the balcony below!! I rang the front desk, they said she was cleaning it, I said it was unacceptable to chuck chemicals over us: they weren't really interested.

The location was great here: very close to Disney and a few minutes from Walmart and Publix. The layout was good: bedrooms either side of the lounge. the kitchen was tiny and lacked facilities and cupboard space. The large TV was great. We would stay here again as long as no extra buildings had been built, it would be too busy otherwise.

Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

There is a big difference between "Hotel-Condo" and "Resort". This is not a resort.

My family stayed at this location April 4 - 10, 2009. I chose this resort based on previous reivews and the price was good. I normally stay at The Marriott Grande Vista every year. Based on the reviews, it was suggested to stay in one of the newer buildings. I called the resort and specifically requested a newer building (building 3 or 4). When I arrived, I was given Building 1, which is one of their older buildings. Luggage carriers/racks are hard to locate and it was very difficult for persons who weren't able to carry their baggage to the room.

THE GROUNDS: First, the property consists of 4 "condo-like" buildings with no scenery and very little greenery. In my pinion, scenery and greenery is what makes a resort a resort. Of course, you do have the scenery choice of the outlet mall, the pool or the parking lot. The greenery can be found along the walls of the buildings. Don't get me wrong, this is not a "Bad" place it's just that if you 're looking for a "resort" feel this isn't the place.

THE ROOM: The decor was average. The carpet was not clean. There was a big problem with the linen. The linen on the bed in the master bedroom had obvious stains on it (I won't even tell you what it looked like). The towels also had stains on them. I immediately went to the front desk and told them this was unacceptable. After speaking with the sarcastic front desk person for nearly 10 minutes, I got the direct number for the manager. I was finally able to reach the manager and he did have housekeeping come (with a supervisor) to fully clean the entire room at no additional charge. If you're traveling with older people or young children, the bathtub was extremely slippery. They need to put handrails in the bathtubs or at least put better grips on the bottom of the tub. We had to put a towel down in the tub to make sure no one slipped and hurt themselves.

The Good News: The food at the on-site restaurant was good. The pools are nice. There is a small grocery there with a Pizza Hut inside that's really nice and convenient. The grocery prices are high (as expected) and the pizza was great. The staff in there is great. Aside from the housekeeping issues, the rooms are nice (we had a 3 bedroom). Nice outlet mall. Disney and Universal are close. Good location.

The No So Good News: They need to pay more attention to people with handicaps. Customer Service people need a few more classes in "customer service". Housekeeping needs to step it up a few notches.

Next year, rather than trying to save money I'd rather spend the extra per night and be satisfied.

1 Thank LTanner
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

My husband and I traveled with our 3 tween sons to Orlando for spring vacation. The hotel was easy to find from the airport and was 10 mins. from Disney and Universal. Upon our arrival, the staff was very pleasant and curteous. Our rooms were very spacious and clean. The kitchen contained pots, cooking utensils including a blender and service for 8. Our view was of the children's the pool. My kids loved the water slide boat and we loved looking out the window or stepping on the balcony to check on them. My husband and I enjoyed the jetted tub in the master suite. After a long day at the parks, the jets became a necessity. The beds were comfortable as well. The boys slept in the beds and the pull out sofa. They thought both were relaxing and slept well. My only regret was not making time to check out the on-site spa. We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
palm city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

This was a great value. We are Florida Residents and Travel to Orlando Often and we considered this to be one of the nicest resorts we have stay at. The suite was very clean, modern and well maintained. The resort is located with in walking distance to shopping and dining, with a convient shuttle service to the theme parks. Our children loved the pool with the piret ship water slide. It is truly a resort everyone will enjoy!