“2 weeks in Orlando and wouldn't have stayed anywhere else!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #100 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Boise, Idaho
“2 weeks in Orlando and wouldn't have stayed anywhere else!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

We stayed at the Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa from June 4th through June 18th and it was a really REALLY great place to stay.

Keep in mind that every resort/hotel has it's problems... NOTHING is perfect, even in the town that boasts to be the "Happiest Place on Earth." Yes the power went out, but come-on people....the resort had no control over that, it was a city wide power outage. They did the best they could running minimal lights on generators, which is actually more than I would have thought a resort would do in that situation. We even had one night at the pool where a family of around 15 decided it was appropriate to swim in next to nothing (underwear, bras, etc.) As offended as I was, this was not the fault of the resort. They can't hand-pick their clientele. Had I or anyone else in the pool area chosen to take this up with management, I am sure something would have been done immediately. Honestly, I think we were all in shock at the sight, and by the time any of us came to our senses enough to complain, the family was leaving the pool area.

We stayed in building 3 on the 11th floor in a two bedroom suite overlooking the pirate ship pool (very COOL!) If you are looking into staying, and want a room with a view of the pool, these rooms were great. Our balcony faced north, with Universal Studios and Sea World in the distance. You can (barely) see Universal's fireworks at 10pm every night. If you want a room with a view of the Epcot and/or Magic Kingdom fireworks, you will need to be in a different building (not sure, but I think it's building 5 on the north side.) Either way, I don't think its possible to have a room with both a pirate pool view and the Disney fireworks.

The pool and hot tubs were great. (There is a smaller pool on the other side of the resort, but we only visited the "pirate" pool.) It's zero entry from one end, and gradual steps on the other. It's refreshing after a day at the parks. The pirate ship has a water slide in it... a lot of people, kids in particular, seemed to like this. The bar at the pool is well equipped, beer/wine is around $6 and a "fruity" drink will cost you $12 (I think it was) for your first one in their "Lani's Luau" plastic drink cup, and then $8 for each one after that (just keep bringing the cup with you every night.) There are signs that no outside food or drink is allowed in pool area, but it was never enforced, at least not that I experienced. The pool area also has free wifi, so that was really nice for those of us who can't live without our laptops.

The condos are large - dining area, sitting area (couch and chair) fully equipped kitchen, two bedroom, (one with two twins, the other with a king) two bathrooms, (master suite has jetted tub and separate shower) and a balcony. The condo was clean and definitely served its purpose. The jetted tub was fabulous after a long HOT day at the parks. Our room had a wired internet connection. Sometimes I could get a very weak wireless signal, but being on the 11th floor, it was not enough to gain wireless internet access.

We went through VRBO.com and dealt only with the owner until we checked into the resort. I highly recommend this, as the price was considerably cheaper. Our room rate per night was $100.00 - that included all taxes and the "resort" fees.

I am HUGE on service... service can make or break it for me. I will say that the front desk staff was neither friendly or rude... they were just,... well... there. It wasn't all smiles and niceties, but they got the job done in a very timely manner and always answered our questions.

Parking, for us, was always sufficient. We always parked in our building's parking garage... never once had problems finding a spot. We were never at the parks until very late though, so I assume that might be a problem for some.

Someone else here posted that there was only one luggage carts per building... from what I saw this is simply not true. There were times that I saw as many as 4 at the elevators in the parking garage in our building.

For those of you who will do what we did and buy a bunch of groceries, there is a Wal-Mart about 1/4 - 1/3 mile away... very convenient!

I would definitely stay here again if we ever venture back to Disney World! Huge bang for your buck! I highly recommend this resort.

3 Thank IdahoTravelers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,269)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

We stayed in a 3 BR/2bath in building #5. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well kept. The decor was beautiful. The unit was very spacious with a well equipped kitchen. I was pleased to have nice quality tolietries provided. It was also a great conveninece to have a washer/dryer in the unit. My only complaint was the coffee maker was not high quality and did not work too well. My husband ran into housekeeping who offered to replace the machine though. The staff was friendly and very helpful and accomadating. Our older teen boys enjoyed the pool. We found the pool deck very roomy with adequate lounge chairs and some shade to get out of the sun. The location was off the commercial beaten path but conveninet to dining and shopping. We felt very safe in this area. Overall we felt the quality was exceptional for the price and we will definately visit again.

2 Thank Tampafamily05
Clare, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

Very nice resort, immaculate rooms, excellent value. No daily housekeeping - extra charge for clean towels or sheets. No vacuum cleaner except for extra charge. Great pool with waterslide. Covered parking in two of the 5 buildings. Parking difficult to find if arriving late after fireworks at Disney parks. Highly recommended for those with families who could use a multibedroom suite for an excellent price. Polite, helpful staff. Plan on staying there again in the future. Free ethernet internet, no wireless.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Joseph H
Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

Having driven 14+ hours we requested a possible early check-in of 2 hours for our 6 night stay (normal check-in is 4:00PM). We arrived shortly after 2:00PM, we waited in a short line (15 minutes) and the young man at the front desk was very rude in telling us that we couldn't get our room until 4:00PM even though we just saw other customers getting their rooms early. We went to the Irish Pub on the property which was very nice and came back about 3:30PM as we were very tired and wanted to get to our room to rest after our long drive. This time there was more of a line and we waited 20 minutes and got the same young man. He was still rude, he told us the room still wasn't ready, it wasn't 4:00PM yet, and they were very busy and it may not be ready until sometime later that night. I told him I wasn't going to continue to stand in line. I shouldn't have to stand in line when I already have done so twice. He didn't have an answer to that.

My family sat in the lobby until 4:01PM and then stood in line again. It seems the family that was waiting behind us in line was going through the same kind of thing from the same same young man even though we saw other people getting their rooms. I dreaded getting this young man again, but I could see this young man was "slow walking" the customer in front of him so he would not have to wait on us, luckly for all of us we got someone else. The young lady we got said the room was not ready but then contiuned on to see if she could get us in another room. She talked to the manager (he was working next to her) about this and he did some checking and got us a room and he also explained that there was a power outage the night before and not all rooms were electrically checked to make sure everything was working, especially the A/C.

The Resort (if you want to call it that, I don't) looks very nice from the outside. The room, 2bed/2bath appeared nice and clean, but looking deeper, carpets dirty and furniture was worn. The TV in the second bedroom could be a bit larger, you can't watch it laying in bed, way too small.

The bathroom in the master bedroom could use a door for some privacy (a very poor setup). The internet is NOT wireless, YOU have to have your own cable and it can only be used in the living area (not bedrooms). Nothing tells you this you have to figure that out on your own and then after midnight it is hit or miss if you can get on as the internet ran very slowly after that to the point that it wasn't even worth trying.

The phones did not work. Reported it and they finally came the last day of our stay and said they would have to replace a phone as it did not work, they never did so we had no land phone available to us our entire stay. Also, one of our hair dryers was missing from the room and we called immediately so we wouldn't be charged for it as they have a list of items that the resort would charge if these items were missing from your room after your stay (I thought that was in bad taste....if you steal it you should be expected to pay for it). A new hair dryer didn't show up for 2 days.

I have stayed in nearly a hundred motels/hotels/resorts over the years and there have been a handful that do not have maid/cleaning service unless you paid extra for it, but this place did not even change the towels or dump the trash (you are kidding me) We washed our towels every day to have clean ones and dumped our own trash nightly. Some residents just threw their trash out of their doors, very disquesting and smelly.

Where are the vending machines?....there were none. The convenience store was a joke (things you could get from a dollar store that are priced at $10). The pirate ship was neat to see but it took up way too much room in the pool and the surrounding deck as the pool was packed every day an no where to sit (use the smaller pool, no crowds and more relaxing...isn't that why people go on vacation to relax).

Forget parking at night if you come in late, you probably will have to park behind the the outlet mall next door (the outlet mall being next door was nice...that was a good idea if you just wanted to stay around the hotel area for a day). The Irish Pub (Frankie's) was excellent. The family loved it and a few of the Bartenders/Waiters were very good and made you feel at home.

When the day came to check out I searched for a luggage cart, none to be found. My family and myself made numerous trips down the elevator/stairs to the car none of the service people knew where any carts were nor did they really care. Check-out time is 11:00AM, at 9:30AM we got a knock on our door from the maid service asking us when we would be leaving so they could clean our room for the next customer. Are you kidding me??? After what we had gone thorugh in getting our room you wanted us out of our room early, come on, where is the customer service at this place?

The price was right, that is why we stayed at this place but will not stay here again until they get the little things taken care of, far too many of them and there are way too many other places to stay in Orlando. I rather pay a little more and be treated as I mattered to them.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Stafford, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

I recently stayed at this resort for 6 nights in June. One the nioght of arrival, after a LONG drive to Orlando, we experienced a power outage. This left many rooms with no air , lights, etc. The rsort had a back up generator which kicked in , so some rooms had minimal power. We awoke the next morning to the problem being fixed. Well, after a long day at the parks in the heat, we returned to the room with it being EXTREMELY HOT once again. After multiple calls to the front desk over a period of three to four hours, we finally was able to get the maintenance man to the room. Upon arrival, he cam with the understanding that he was to replace a cabinet board.. he had no idea about the air. Weel after maybe another hour, he was able to fix the problem. By now, it is late, we are all very hot, tired, and hungry!
In addition to these issues, the access door to our buidling was broken, so anyone had access to the buidling. I never saw any security person. It just puzzled me hwo a place this large had no visible security, one maintenanace guy for maybe ~600 rooms, one luggae cart per buidling, and no "management on call after hours. Someohow the management believes that problems do not exists after hours.
Needless to say, we will never stay thaere again!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pedinurse32
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

We stayed here for 10 days - when it was newly opened. 2 bedroom apartment was very large and overlooked the pirate pool which the kids loved. The only thing I would say is that you would probably need to have a car for convenience - we did, so we never used the shuttles. Disney World was just a 10 minute drive away, and International Drive not that far away either. Supermarket down the road. Pizza Hut on site which was great. Factory outlets next door - but these aren't as good as ones on International Drive. Front desk we had no problems with. They were great. They recommended a doctor when my son got sick who came to the room, rang the local pharmacy down the road to order the antibiotics and we went and picked them up! Easy!. My husband left our travellers cheques in the room safe when we left. They looked after them until we got back from our cruise. We went on a Disney Cruise for a week, then had booked (& paid) to go into the Hawthorn Sutites near Universal. In hindsight we should have gone back to the LBV resort as the accommodation was so much better there! It wouldn't have taken long to drive up to the attractions near Universal, Sea World, etc from the LBV resort. We got a very good rate through the Orlando MagiCard - see website to download card. Highly recommended place to stay in Orlando!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

We have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa. Having read some of the reports before, we were slightly worried. There was no reason to be.
We landed at Sanford and had quite a long transfer down, stopping at other hotels on the way but once we arrived there was no hassle.
We checked in within 5 minutes of us stepping foot inside the hotel. The receptionists were friendly, polite and helpful.
We stayed in Block 5 on the 14th floor. When we entered our room we were amazed with the size of it. It was huge. Incredible! All previous comments on the size are true, along with how well stocked and equipped they are. The children made themselves at home very quickly with the TV in their room! The main bedroom was perfect and the Jacuzzi bath was so good. The bed was so large that we had to shout good night to each other! There was a large flat screen TV in the lounge too. We could go on about the room for ages! We were so pleased. One little annoyance was that in the two weeks, we had 16 pizza delivery menus put through our door. Our daughter decided to collect them all!
There was really no issue with disposing of our own rubbish. There were trash shuts at the end of each corridor and the kids quite enjoyed listening to our rubbish fall 14 floors! Also, the cleaning of the towels etc was no issue. The room had a massive washing machine and a drier. No problem, although the drier does give off a loud buzz when done. Best not to put it on at night.
On previous comments, people have stated that you can see the Epcot fireworks from Building 5. This is true but they are a long way away so do not get too excited about this benefit. Saying that, the view from the 14th floor was amazing. We could see all the way round to Sea World. Also, we had a great view of the frequent storms at night!!
The ‘pirate ship’ pool was very nice. A little cold but at times it was a welcome relief. The slide in the pirate ship is quicker than it looks. Be warned! Prices at the Pirate Bar are a little high but you do get used to it. Also, after 5pm, the sun goes behind the hotel building so the pool is one big shadow but it is still pleasant. We did not get across to the other pool. Your own food and drink is not allowed to be taken to the pool.
There are not many options for eating within walking distance. We visited Frankie Farrell’s Irish Bar on a couple of occasions and found it to be very nice. They will also deliver to your room! The shop on site is VERY expensive. We bought the essentials from there then went to Wal-Mart by taxi ($6 each way) to buy everything else. Wal-Mart is huge!! Within the onsite shop is Pizza Hut Express. Do not expect a pizza restaurant. This is a take away service but again, they will deliver and the pizzas were very nice.
The shuttle service worked fine. You must book the day before but get to the concierge 20 minutes before your departure time in the morning as you will need a ticket and the queue does build up. Sometimes it seems a little chaotic in the morning as they try and fit everyone on board but we all get to where we were supposed to be going. There was usually only one return time from the park and sometimes, it was too late for us so we paid for a taxi. From most parks, the taxi price was about 20$. Some of the drivers left a little to be desired, however. The rules on mobile phone use is very different to those in the UK!
The open Wi-Fi in the lounge was easy to connect too. You can get wired internet access in the rooms if required.
We could go on for ages about this hotel as we were so pleased with it. We would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family