Positives - we were thrilled by the quality and spaciousness of accommodation at this hotel - probably the best we have stayed in (and we have stayed in luxury resorts). We had a two room suite in building 4 (where hotel lobby and spa is located). This appeared to have been fairly recently refurbished and was spotlessly clean. We were amazed that we had a huge master suite with whirlpool bath, large walk in shower, walk in closet area. separate bedroom with two double beds, its own bathroom, dining area, lounge area, fully equipped kitchen with large fridge/freezer,dishwasher etc. For three of us, it was huge and our 3-year old was delighted that we had three TVs in the suite. Some basic items (toilet rolls, kitchen roll, dishwasher powder etc) were provided but we needed to stock up on some of these items during the stay.
The facilities allowed us to fully self cater during our stay - highly recommended especially if you have small children - finding healthy food in American eateries is a challenge. A Publix supermarket is only 5 mins drive away and is far better than the closer Walmart.
Disney parks and other attractions are only a 10 - 15 minute drive away and the resort is right next to a fairly decent outlet area (although there are better outlets within a short drive - Orlando Premium Outlets for example).
Minor gripes - I don't think the swimming area is heated as is advertised - maybe by the sun but the water temperature was very cool. As a result, we didn't spend as much time by the pool as we would have liked. Also the pirate ship is just a slide and not suitable for young children. Own food/drinks are not allowed by the pool which doesn't sit well with the self-catering facilities. Also, there isn't much in the way of service - concierge was not well up on the local area and there was always a long queue at the Expedia service desk. Advertised as buy tickets here to avoid queues but I think you'd be better off buying the tickest at the parks - certainly in off peak season. Fortunately we had bought out tickets in advance and had done some research on the area so this wasn't a big issue for us.
In summary, the room facilities here are fantastic and we were delighted with our choice but if you need 5 star service and advice and guidance all the way, this might not be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa Orlando, Florida