“Florida vacation”
other travellers have booked this property
Master Bedroom with en-suite. Master bedroom all rooms have T.Vs
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
4 Bedroom villa with private pool. Lake View
Master Bedroom with en-suite.
Master bedroom all rooms have T.Vs
Master en-suite bathroom with double vanity bath and walk in shower.
Open Plan Kitchen
Kitchen and dining area
Living room with flat screen T.V
Additional sitting and dining area.
Twin Bedroom
Twin Bedroom
Bathroom
Queen Bedroom
Beautiful Lake View
Beautiful Lake View from bedroom.
Pool with Lake view, fenced garden.
Lake View From garden.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Peterborough, Canada
“Adequate”
Reviewed 6 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

On our family trip to Orlando, we rented this house for our post-Disney stay. We were looking for something more comfortable with opportunities for seperate spaces for our party of 6. This house meet those requirements. It was fine for our needs. We did notice a few things though. It is clear updates are being made slowly but not quickly enough. There are pipes that need repair -banging in the walls when the upstairs toilet flushed. The sink tap can leak if turned on too high. There were no towels other than bath towels - no hand towels, face cloths, or kitchen towels. The only contact you have is available Mon-Fri 10-5. Very inconvenient when you are not home during those hours. We had to call just to get access to WiFi because there was no password left for us. Don't get me wrong, the house is adequate and if some more money was spent on renos/updates, and a binder with pertinent info was left for renters, this house would be great.

Footprint...
“Florida vacation”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

It was a great place for my family and my friends family to stay. Very spacious and just what we needed for 3 adults and 5 kids. Close to stores for shopping and not too far from Walt Disney world. Enjoyed the pool it was relaxing. Very nice size house for the price! Will stay again if we go back to Florida

LPalmieri
Palm Coast, Florida
“Would I Rent This Place Again? I Don't Think So!”
Reviewed 8 September 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

I rented this house for our 37th wedding anniversary so we could celebrate with our family members. It wasn't a bad place to celebrate, if you don't mind the dirt, garbage, and leaks. The rugs were dirty and well worn, with many lumps to trip on. The back door leaked so bad when it rained that we actually had to keep mopping the floor. In the morning when we got up, the kitchen was filled with ants, as they were coming in under the door. The garbage must have been put out too late for the garbage men, as the cans were in the middle of the driveway when we pulled up, and they were filled to capacity. The pool was very small, and the area around the pool was unkept, with weeds over a foot tall growing out of the concrete. I called the management company, and they were supposed to call us back, but never did. Apparently they don't have time to fix up the place because they keep renting it to one person after another. P.S. Bring your own dishes and pans because the ones they provide are old and dirty.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy that this home offers.
Liked least: None that I know
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
The-3-chi...
Greater London, United Kingdom
“The Good, the Bad and the little bit Ugly!”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Sunbay Villas for just over two weeks in August 2016, having booked several months in advance. The exterior of the house looked lovely on the website and the interior, whilst not luxurious, appeared appropriate for our needs and price bracket. Communication with the owner was very good, and she responded to the questions I raised quickly.

On arrival we followed instructions provided to locate the key and opened the door. It was great to have the cool air-conditioned breeze hit us all. Unfortunately we were also hit with what can only be described as a musty/mildew smell too – I wasn’t so pleased about that (this has previously been mentioned by another reviewer on Tripadvisor – I can confirm that it is true). You kind of get used to the smell after a while, and only notice it again when you come back home after a few hours.

We found the property was pretty much as described. I think it is in a really good location, within about 20-30 minutes of everywhere we wanted to go. It was nice and quiet and it felt really safe – it also had a security office on site. Nearby there is everything you might need, 7 Eleven, Walgreens, Republix, petrol station etc. The community also has a communal pool, but this was not advertised, it would have been nice to be told about it and how to use it.

Some lampshades did not work and one or two did not have bulbs attached, this was not too troublesome, but I think that where lamps are provided, they should at least work. The carpets probably need replacing or at the very least they need a clean (this would probably also help get rid of that musty smell too). Where the carpet met the laminate kitchen floor (by the back door) the spikes on the carpet gripper spiked your feet if you happen to step there with barefeet. This was a concern, so we had to tell our children to not walk barefoot in that area. This is something that needs to be addressed very quickly – it’s a health and safety issue.

The kitchen top also had lots of very small ants. In the UK we don’t see much of this, maybe it happens a lot in Florida, but we had to clean the counter tops during our first night. The following morning, there were a few hanging around, but not as many as the previous night. We made sure we cleaned the tops thoroughly after use each day and this made sure they stayed at bay.

I have rented Villas before, and I have always been greeted with a little starter kit, the ‘essentials’ like bread, milk, maybe eggs etc. even if we had not requested this when booking. We had not requested this for our stay at Sunbay Villas so although I was not expecting it, it would have been a nice touch. However, I would expect a rental villa to have some salt and maybe some sugar – this one doesn’t, so make sure you bring some with you.

The mattresses, whilst still usable, are probably at the point of needing to be replaced soon. The shade on lamp in the children’s room was broken, which can only really be noticed when the lamp is switched on (see pictures).

Now I mentioned earlier that on arrival some bulbs were missing from lampshades, on leaving I was going to take a picture of this for this review, the strange thing was that they were there now. We did not attach new bulbs, so I can only assume that either the homeowner or the management company did this. They could only have done this when we were not present, as we did not see them. This was/is unsatisfactory – we had valuables in the property and clearly we felt uneasy that ‘someone’ had entered while we were not home. I would expect any maintenance to be completed with notice so that we could decide to be present or give approval to enter while we were out. No notice was provided.

The pole holding shower curtain in the family bathroom is not attached to the wall, it simply rests on the imitation tiled wall (see picture). This was an issue, as while drying, the pole on several occasions fell off and hit most of us either on the head or back during our day, it is not really heavy but I (and the children) would still prefer to not be wacked by it while drying. This really needs to be fixed – again it’s a health and safety issue.

The pool area had weeds growing around it (see pictures), the experience of using the pool would have been so much better had the garden been tended to. The pool itself was as described but did have some grit on the bottom but still very useable during our first week or so – I have no idea how pool cleaning systems work, but during the second week, the pool developed terrible green algae, none of us wanted to use it (see pictures –please note that this was what the pool looked like after about 11 days – not what it looked like on day one).

Apart from the above – I will mention that the owner/management company might want to consider
- Providing renters instructions on how to work the cable TV, wifi etc
- Update the information relating to the days when the rubbish is collected, the current info is out of date
- I think Villa needs general redecorating (see pictures)

I originally thought an average rating would be appropriate, but I think given that fact that we were uneasy after the bulbs were replaced, the carpet spikes hurting us and the shower pole falling on us regularly, all of which are simple things that can and should be sorted by the owner if they really cared about renters, I can only give a rating of 2...I am sorry.

I hope the owner takes on board some of the feedback I have given, because I think this could be a really great place to rent when visitingOrlando, Based on its location, I would be happy to come back, but not until the property has been completely renovated.

I hope you find my review helpful.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The air conditioning and location
Liked least: The condition of the property. especially the musty smell
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
Nancy Z
Marianna, Florida
“If you are Driving ... Think twice about renting this one!”
Reviewed 21 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Think twice about renting this one, if you are driving. I rented this villa for my family to enjoy a Disney World vacation. Looked like it would perfectly suit our needs. We drove 2 vehicles and there is room in the driveway to fit 2 vehicles tightly. We had our vehicles parked in the driveway at all times unless we were out and about. At 4:50 am on Sunday, towing stickers, saying we did not have permission from the owner to park there, were placed on both of our vehicles. At this time, the entire family was sleeping. We noticed the stickers about 7:30 am. I spent the next few hours trying to contact security, the owner and the Rental manager to get this issue resolved. I could only get voice mails and had to email the owner. I finally got a call back from the Rental manager and she said she would contact security and the owner. At that point I felt comfortable that the issue was or would be resolved so we left for Disney World in one vehicle leaving my son's car in the driveway. We returned at about 8:30 pm just in the knick of time. My son's car was already loaded on the tow truck and security was present. They unloaded his car quickly once I showed Security the Rental paperwork. After that I explained to the owner what happened and she just said "Security knocked at the door before they put the stickers on the vehicles" If that was the case, of course no one answered the door because we were all sleeping. The bottom line was Security was not informed that she was renting to us and therefore we almost had our vehicles towed. This experience was very upsetting to my whole family and one I would not want to repeat. I have told my story so others can make an informed decision.

On another note, the place did need updating and could have been cleaner. The walls and ceiling need painting and some of the doors were scratched up. The mattresses were hard and not real comfortable. The houses in the subdivision are quite close to each other and the roads in the subdivision are not very wide.

The place is a good size and good kitchen layout so that part was good. The location is good - close to everything.

Liked best: Proximity to Disney World/Sea World
Liked least: Almost having our vehicles towed because the owner did not inform security that we were renting from her. See in my son's car on the tow truck was upsetting.
bluedot77...
Jacksonville, Florida
“Our Thanksgiving vacation at this house was fantastic!”
Reviewed 29 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

We were in Orlando for our kid's sports competition and wanted to do a full thanksgiving with our family. This house had plenty of room for our two families. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we could have needed (plenty of pots and pans, utensils, and serving dishes) and there were two tables so we could all eat comfortably. (They even had a high chair in the garage that we put to use!)

The kids were even able to enjoy the pool, which we didn't choose to heat but wasn't too cold for them to enjoy. (There were also plenty of towels!)

My only complaint would be the beds. They could certainly use a mattress pad or something.

But overall, I would definitely recommend and I would certainly go back to the property for another vacation. We were very comfortable there and it was very convenient.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the kitchen was very well stocked
Liked least: mattresses
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing