“Amazing hotel for the price.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #284 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Maple Creek, Canada
“Amazing hotel for the price.”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

When we arrived, I waited forever for the receptionist. She was so busy, and all alone. Poor management, not her fault. When we got our room we were happy with the size and location.. pool side. The room was fine, but the courtyard was amazing and pool was nice. We never could get onto the Wi-Fi though and front desk too busy to help. Great hotel for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonellntb
feejjdcFamily, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you so Much For your Feed back and Thank you for staying with us
Hope to see you soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
Austin, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 January 2014

120 minute wait at the airport for the shuttle and five calls - check

Cut feet on protruding carpet tacks - check

Air conditioner so filthy we left it turned off - check

Mold on walls behind curtains - check

Bed made with repulsively unlaundered sheets (had to change rooms) - check

Yup. Worst place we EVER found. Needs to be closed down.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank RetiredGramps
feejjdcFamily, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hello RetiredGramps I'm so sorry you had a Terrible Stay at our Property
we strive to make every think possible for a great stay and we really apology for the long waite at the Airport. We di bring to the attention of the driver this situation and all others

Ones Again thank you for staying with us and hope you could give us another chance if you
are in the area
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. We were met by Dee, the best receptionist EVER. The bed was comfortable, the staff were helpful and friendly. The room was cleaned and bed made EVERY day and I loved every single moment of staying here!!! I loved the gorgeous surroundings and the clean room. We had a safe, fridge, HUGE clean and comfortable bed. The air-con was cold and crisp and everything went smoothly from start to finish! it was amazing service, great price and great location!!! VERY close to Florida Mall, free breakfast ( very tasty ), the pool was amazing and I would definitely recommend this place!!! It might have been basic but i LOVED it!!

Room Tip: the suite as AMAZING!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tanya B
Thank you So Much !!!!!
TanyamBoon

we love hosting your stay with us during your honeymoon
Ones again Congratulation on a wonderful marriage
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Like others mentioned before me I should definitely read the reviews before booking a stay at this hotel. Sometimes trying to save that extra dollar necessarily doesn't pay off in the end. Initially the room looked fine until you shut off the lights to go to bed I woke up to bite marks on my neck only to find the bed was filled with bed bugs when I went into the bathroom to get my stuff there were roaches crawling around the floor. I complain to the front desk their reaction was the same as the other reviews" like okay what do you want us to do". They placed me in another room only to find out that the air conditioning unit in that room broke down in the middle of the night. needless to say I couldn't wait to wake up from a nightmare I got up early as possible in the morning and leftdisgusting memory behind. customers be where I posted some pics of my nightmare

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Oli D
We are Truly Sorry for what ever was your inconvenience.
but we assure you we do not have bedbugs, I'm so sorry if you thought so.

You are welcome to call me direct here at the Hotel for further more discussion .

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Has 24 hour shuttle to the airport. Nothing fancy in the room, very basic type. Beds clean and comfortable. Close to Florida Mall and lot of eating options. Their temp shuttle driver was very warm and friendly, the usual guy, not so much. For the price I paid, I got the services. They have free breakfast too. Ask for a room close to Orange Blossom, we got one at the back and it was pain to get your stuff out to the lobby early morning for the shuttle.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
feejjdcFamily, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your input on our 24 Hr Shuttle thank you !!
if theres any thing we could do better please let us know !

Frank Da Costa
Dir of Sales
Dieppe, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We had made reservations by a third party and when we arrived to check in the clerck informed us they had never received our reservation. They still honoured our rate and gave us great service.

Good continental breakfast, awesome pool and good location.

Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank SebBezeau
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I should have read the reviews before booking. This place is FILTHY! The bad experience started at check in were it seemed it was an inconvenience for the desk clerk to check me in. I get to my room and was hit by a mold/mildew smell. I turn on the light and see a roach run under the bed. I go back to the desk and ask to change rooms due to the bug and the desk clerk didn't seem all that surprised when I mentioned I saw I roach or that the room smelt. The room I was moved too had the same smell but with stale cigarette smoke mixed in. When I pulled the covers back I found a bed bug and being from NY I know if you see one, there are plenty more. I again go to the desk and ask to be moved. The desk clerk said he would mark it down but never wrote anything down. The final room I was sent to smelt again but at that point I expected it to. Have seeing bed bugs in the second room I wanted to check everything before bringing my bags in and good thing I did. When I lifted the mattress I saw about 15 bed bugs scatter and then when I went to exit the room I saw another roach. When I informed the clerk I was leaving he told me it was the owners policy that they do not refund guests. All in all I paid for 2 nights and didn't stay longer than an hour. I ended up down the road at the Baymont and wrote the money off as a lesson well learned.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family