“Decent place for the price”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #285 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed there because it was the cheapest hotel in the area with a airport shuttle. The staff is friendly and nice. The hotel looks recently painted. It's conveniently located and within walking distance of many restaurants and the mall, but it is a brief walk. If walking is not your thing, there is an Avis rental car place next door. It's an econolodge and therefore not anything luxurious but if you wanted that, you wouldn't be looking at econolodges in the first place. I would not have any problems staying there again if in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank OneCosmicGuy
feejjdcFamily, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hi ComicGuy !!!
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your honest feedback.

It is our aim to offer our guests a entirely satisfactory service at the Econolodge Inn & Suites Hotel Orlando. thank you once again for the great feedback . hope you could stay with us soon

Sincerely
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I booked this hotel because we needed a place to stay for one night (10 hours total) that had a 24 hour airport shuttle. The shuttle service worked however there were 6 of us travelling together and they could only take 2 people on the first round since the shuttle van was already full. The other 4 people had to wait another hour standing outside at the airport. When the shuttle arrived to get them the same thing happened to another party of people who were split up. It seems like they maybe need to get better organized so that they aren't leaving people at the airport for hours, especially since this is really the only thing drawing people to the hotel. The hotel itself what pretty much a dive. The lobby is lovely but our room had mold in in. The toilet didn't flush (my husband fixed it), the air conditioner was broken and the join between the carpet and tiles of the bathroom was exposed so all the spiky nails were just waiting to attack if you weren't paying attention when you were walking around. My kids found a few delightfully unique looking bugs in the room. Basically, it was a really gross room. I would not have stayed for more than one night. The guy who checked us in was quirky but also very nice and helpful. We didn't swim in the pool but it looked lovely and the breakfast was simple but not disappointing (muffins, cereal, hard boiled eggs).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
feejjdcFamily, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hi Shawna M.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the property and we are very sorry for your
experience with the Econolodge

It is nice to read that you remark the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees. We are also happy that .

We hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.

Sincerely yours,
General Manager.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were looking for a cheap place to stay the night before we could check into our resort the next day. Yes, it was cheap and we got what we paid for. Thankfully my husband was able to talk them down on the price. They were asking 59.99 for the room and we were able to get it for 50. We got in too late for the kids to enjoy the pool, which would have been the best part of the the stay. The pool was very nice and well kept. But the room... oh my.... FILTHY! What a dump. The first thing we noticed was a carpet which was stained beyond belief. The room was also very damp feeling so I turned on the air conditioning only to notice the curtains were moldy. Then before getting into bed I noticed our blanket had blood on it. Yes, blood. Not one little spot, but multiple little spots. I called the front desk and the immediately brought another blanket. But, when they did, the man looked at me like I was crazy. I showed him the blood and he quickly changed his tune. In the morning I opened the curtains only to find MORE mold! The wall under the window was covered! So if you are ok with blood and mold, by all means stay here. As for the rest of us... RUN the other direction. Stay in your car, stay on the sidewalk, or in a cardboard box because it would be a major upgrade from this place. Horrible, just horrible! it should be shut down.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shawna M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your input to make it better .

and Im so sorry you had a Bad experience !

Reviewed 21 February 2014

When we arrived, I waited forever for the receptionist. She was so busy, and all alone. Poor management, not her fault. When we got our room we were happy with the size and location.. pool side. The room was fine, but the courtyard was amazing and pool was nice. We never could get onto the Wi-Fi though and front desk too busy to help. Great hotel for the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonellntb
feejjdcFamily, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you so Much For your Feed back and Thank you for staying with us
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 29 January 2014

120 minute wait at the airport for the shuttle and five calls - check

Cut feet on protruding carpet tacks - check

Air conditioner so filthy we left it turned off - check

Mold on walls behind curtains - check

Bed made with repulsively unlaundered sheets (had to change rooms) - check

Yup. Worst place we EVER found. Needs to be closed down.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank RetiredGramps
feejjdcFamily, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hello RetiredGramps I'm so sorry you had a Terrible Stay at our Property
we strive to make every think possible for a great stay and we really apology for the long waite at the Airport. We di bring to the attention of the driver this situation and all others

Ones Again thank you for staying with us and hope you could give us another chance if you
are in the area

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. We were met by Dee, the best receptionist EVER. The bed was comfortable, the staff were helpful and friendly. The room was cleaned and bed made EVERY day and I loved every single moment of staying here!!! I loved the gorgeous surroundings and the clean room. We had a safe, fridge, HUGE clean and comfortable bed. The air-con was cold and crisp and everything went smoothly from start to finish! it was amazing service, great price and great location!!! VERY close to Florida Mall, free breakfast ( very tasty ), the pool was amazing and I would definitely recommend this place!!! It might have been basic but i LOVED it!!

Room Tip: the suite as AMAZING!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tanya B

Thank you So Much !!!!!
TanyamBoon

we love hosting your stay with us during your honeymoon
Ones again Congratulation on a wonderful marriage

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Like others mentioned before me I should definitely read the reviews before booking a stay at this hotel. Sometimes trying to save that extra dollar necessarily doesn't pay off in the end. Initially the room looked fine until you shut off the lights to go to bed I woke up to bite marks on my neck only to find the bed was filled with bed bugs when I went into the bathroom to get my stuff there were roaches crawling around the floor. I complain to the front desk their reaction was the same as the other reviews" like okay what do you want us to do". They placed me in another room only to find out that the air conditioning unit in that room broke down in the middle of the night. needless to say I couldn't wait to wake up from a nightmare I got up early as possible in the morning and leftdisgusting memory behind. customers be where I posted some pics of my nightmare

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Oli D

We are Truly Sorry for what ever was your inconvenience.
but we assure you we do not have bedbugs, I'm so sorry if you thought so.

You are welcome to call me direct here at the Hotel for further more discussion .