“Food was average, Service was average, Atmosphere... UGH!”

Pat O'Brien's Orlando
Ranked #26 of 159 Nightlife in Orlando
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our Universal Studios dining plan "full service" restaurant options were severely limited the night we went to Pat O'Brien's. Two of the full service restaurants were closed, another was closed for a private event, so after hiking from one end of the park to the other to find something to eat, we ended up at Pat O'Brien's. It was late in the afternoon in June, we were disgustingly hot and sweaty from our restaurant-hunting expedition, and when we arrived at the hostess stand, we were told that the inside dining area of the place was closed for a private event. The only seating available was in the outdoor courtyard... so, back in the heat/humidity we went. To be fair, they did have mist fans set up, but when you're already hot and tired, the last thing you want to do is go right back outside! However, since we really didn't feel like hiking all the way back over to the Universal side of the park, we decided to stay.

The service was okay, but a couple of times, our glasses were empty for more than five minutes before we could flag someone down to refill them.

The nacho appetizer was good, and when I tasted it, I had high hopes for the rest of the meal.

I had the steak medallions with mashed potatoes. The steak was cooked the way I asked, but the potatoes didn't taste like real/fresh mashed potatoes. They tasted like the prepackaged kind you get in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.

My daughter ordered the gumbo, but she couldn't eat it. There was so much file (spice) in it, it tasted almost like moth balls. My son had the cheeseburger, which he said was good.

All in all, I was not impressed with this place. It was average, but closing down your entire inside dining area and making customers sit outside in the heat is not conducive to a happy customer.

All reviews
"souvenir"
"blast"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 12 June 2014

It was a great time, had to go back the next night. The performers get the crowd going, the drinks were great, recommend the fuzzy leprechaun.
Only recommendation I have is when requesting a song, the lower the tip the less chance they will play it, we actually tipped about $10 and they played neither song while We were there 3 hours.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The piano bar is lots of fun. Not the most talented staff I have seen at perform at a piano bars, but they do know how to make it a good time. Drinks are costly, but they pack a punch.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We recently visited this restaurant for a get-together with our friends. We wanted to be able to chat and catch up so we sat outside in the patio instead of in the piano bar. The patio is absolutely beautiful! There is a gorgeous fountain and nice gardening, I wish I could make my backyard look like that! The food on the other hand was pretty subpar. We ordered nachos as an appetizer while we waited for our entire group to arrive. They were pretty good, nothing extraordinary but not bad (we ordered them without beans). My husband ordered a burger for dinner and my friend and I split a blackened chicken salad with red beans and rice. My husband took two bites of the burger and for some reason did not eat it. The chicken sandwich had nothing blackened about it. It was bland and just grilled chicken basically. The red beans are rice were almost inedible. The beans are more like a weird paste then actual beans.

If you are looking for a nice place to hang out with your friends and go just for drinks this is the place. Eat dinner somewhere else!

Also, the staff is really friendly!! And if you arrive after 9pm you have to pay a cover, so get there before 9!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We purchased "Dinner and a Movie" tickets from Universal. Enjoyed a movie, and then decided on Pat O'Brien's for dinner.

The atmosphere was good, the music was good, and the service was good.

While ordering, we gave our tickets to the server as instructed. Unfortunately, two of us ordered the Jumbalaya, which tasted great but was a small portion. When the guy at the next table got his Jumbalaya, it was obvious that our meal was a smaller size.

Regrettably, this made the whole experience feel like a rip off.

I mentioned my disappointment to the man and woman manager-types at the exit. The man offered the explanation that our serving was simply "plated differently". Um, no.

The lady offered an apology. Hopefully they will discontinue this smaller-portion practice.