“I would rate this 7 stars if I could! The best place in Orlando.Period.”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #34 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“I would rate this 7 stars if I could! The best place in Orlando.Period.”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My husband and I wanted to take a weekend off, so I got online to look for "deals". Am I ever glad I did. We stayed 2 nights at Rosen's Shingle Creek Golf Resort and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. My daughter and her husband have a vacation plan located in Orlando and they visit frequently, but I think Shingle Creek outranks theirs by far. From your first sighting of the beautiful resort, to the valet parking, the professional staff, the fabulous lobby and super comfortable beds to the 5 star restaurant (The Osceola Grill), there was nothing to do but relax, enjoy and rest. Just what we needed! There is even a convenience store in the lower lobby, so no need to leave the premises for any reason! We loved it so much, that we tried getting reservations for Thanksgiving weekend, but was too late! They were all booked up! I guess word spreads fast about such a great place. Book early to avoid disappointments! Then just enjoy your stay. You'll be looking for excuses to visit Orlando again and again!

Room Tip: I can't imagine any problems with this resort, but just book early to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TrippingLizzie
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Ahhh....shucks TrippingLizzy! Thank you!

We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you come back in the future.

I would be honored to assist in your reservation needs in the future if the 'deals' online are not amazing like usual!

Happy Holidays!

Fax: 407-996-3150

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (986)
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We've stayed at the Shingle Creek Resort in the past but unfortunately this experience will probably be our last. It is a very nice property with all the amenities you could want, but the service and professionalism of the staff was very disappointing. On our last full day at the resort we returned late in the afternoon only to find our room had not been serviced. Wanting nothing more than to lay down before the evening activities we had to spend our time repeatedly calling the front desk to get the situation resolved. When a housekeeper finally showed up she handed us towels but said she couldn't clean the room because "her shift was over." So we had to again call to inquire as to what was going on. After being transferred to another manager my wife was informed that they had not cleaned the room because when they came by earlier in the day we had told them to come back later. Of course nobody had been in the room since 6:00 AM when we left the property, but why let the truth get in the way of a good story. Finally, after waiting a while longer, another housekeeper showed up to service the room while we walked the property killing time until she had finished. Not the way we wanted to spend the little down time we had. The manager did make one concession for our trouble in that he promised that he would personally make sure it didn't happen again, which meant a lot considering we were checking out the next morning!

I understand mistakes happen. That I could live with. What was unacceptable was the response to the mistake. I might expect this at a lesser property, but not the Rosen Shingle Creek. In the future I think we'll try one of the other resorts, such as the Gaylord Palms or the Omni.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Hi BlueMoc

I'm so sorry about the housekeeping issue you ran into while you stayed with us. I understand that mistakes happen, however, the lack of response time and lack of managerial concessions is what concerned me. This is definitely not how we operate and I'm so sorry that you experienced this.

Please contact me personally....we want you to come back and I can assure you that something like this will not happen to you in the future.

Thanks for letting us know about your stay....my contact information is below if you would like to email me or call me with more information. I would love the opportunity to talk to you about it!

Thanks,

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I joined my husband for a conference here even though we llive on the other side of the city. Having never been hear and always hearing rave reviews, I can agree with most. Our room was gorgeous on the 13th floor overlooking the city. It was massive and elegant, right next to the Presidential suite!!! Overall t/he resort was beautiful- just a very long hike to the conference rooms and a challenge finding a parking spot in self parking. The staff was nice not overly friendly and the food in the marketplace was very good. Being near the holidays I was shocked to see so.... many undressed trees, lopsided ones ,boxes of ornaments and it appeared to be mass confusion setting up these displays. More than one guest chuckled at the sights! Why wouldn't a property of this size decorate at night not in view of guests walking around the property.? Very disconcerting!!!!Otherwise it was all and more than I expected from a Rosen property!

Room Tip: Ask for one in the main tower
Hello Twinmom13!

Thank you for the 5 star rating. We appreciate that! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay.

It is kind of funny that you mentioned the decorating during the day instead of at night...I don't think any of us thought about that. Good Idea! I'll pass that along.

From our family to yours, Happy Holidays. We hope you come back to stay with us again in the future!

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel was nice but not a five star. Out floor (the 10th ) was certainly in need of a good carpet cleaning and at 10 PM the trash was still in bags at the end of the hall from housekeeping. The hallways look like they have not been vacuumed in weeks. The bed was VERY comfortable could have slept for a week :) ! Very large property but not any personality. Seemed bland to us. Nice for romance tho.. The restaurant called Time Remembered was great. Best tasting filet I think I have ever had. Quite pricey but worth it. Dress up a little tho...its nice. We were in shorts and felt very underdressed. Great service at this hotel. everyone seems willing to help and they are welcoming.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IdahoGal50
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Hello IdahoGal50!

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and your dinner at A Land Remembered. This is by far my favorite steakhouse in Orlando (and I promise it isn't because I work here!).

I'm sorry about the housekeeping issues and the bags in the hallway. I'm not sure what happened. I'm going to assume it was something that was missed by the staff because usually this doesn't happen. My apologies again for this.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future. We definitely appreciate your business!

Thanks,

New Jersey
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I had never even heard of this resort until I had a conference to attend there. This place is amazing! The resort and grounds are beautiful and perfectly maintained. The staff is very helpful. There are 3 pools and hot tubs, as well as a spa on-site, and a number of restaurants, bars and a great little shop. It is centrally located near International Drive. If you're looking for a high-end hotel in Orlando, check it out!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
WOW jhn!

Thank you for your kind words. We think you are amazing!

Thanks again for staying with us. We hope you come back again in the future.

Grand Island, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed here while attending a conference at the Orlando Convention Center and was treated like a queen! I stayed on the concierge floor and it was luxurious! The breakfast and evening appetizers were served in a lovely room on the same floor with a beautiful view both morning and evening. I would recommend this hotel and this floor to everyone!

Hi HulaGirl2007!

Thank you for the 5 stars! We appreciate your business.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I've stayed in a lot of Orlando hotels so I didn't think to expect a theme was too much. Shingle is massive, a monstrous complex. It reminds me of Vegas without the casino. Distances are large, so bring your walking shoes. The hotel impressed me as a meeting warehouse with a few nice touches. I'm still not sure about the attempted architectural style of the hotel. "South Florida hacienda?" The room was nice enough but upon waking, I didn't know where I was. It could be any slightly better-than-average hotel anywhere.

The TV remote didn't work and the electrical outlet in the bathroom for the coffeemaker didn't work. For quick business meetings, the hotel was okay. But if you're going to Orlando for a vacation, there are many, many other, better choices.

The cab fare to go to Universal City Walk was $50 each way. You could see all of the Orlando sites from the hotel so it appears that the hotel is centrally located to all of the Orlando sites, something to consider if you don't mind staying in a so-so hotel.

The staff was not particularly helpful but not offensive. I'm sure they would have been more helpful if I was to ask but they offered nothing "extra." For example, when I checked in, they took my credit card, gave me my room key, and that was it. No "have a nice stay" or "elevators are over there." The concierge wasn't in a good mood and when I asked for reservations at Emeril's at City Walk, she said "that's probably impossible." So, I said "thank you anyways" and went to Emeril's and got right in.

I won't go back unless the trip is planned for Orlando again by the same group I went with this time. I won't made a big deal to the group about going or not going there again. It's not an offensive or bad property, just no soul or personality. And in the Orlando area, it's all about personality and theme.

2 Thank Pramstroker
Hello Pramstroker and thank you for reviewing our property. We definitely love having the feedback.

I am so sorry that there were items in the room that didn't work. The one thing I can say about our engineering department is they do a ton of preventative maintenance to ensure the hotel is as nice as possible. I sincerely hope that you let a staff member know about the issues and they resolved while you were here. If not, please feel free to contact me personally so that we don't run into this issue for our future guests as well.

It is a little sad to read about your experiences with the staff. We usually do not receive comments about them like yours so I'm confused. There isn't an excuse for anyone to not treat our guests with the absolute best service. I would love the opportunity to get some more information from you, so please feel free to email me or call me with my information below.

I hope to hear from you.