You start to get a good understanding of the property as soon as you start up the drive. The grounds are nicely manicured. You reach security and are greeted by a friendly face who directs you to check-in. The outside of the hotel is grand. You have an option to park yourself or Valet park. (the downfall is that both cost you $ - would be nice to have free parking for guests). The lobby is beautiful and there were plenty of staff on help to get you checked in quickly. They have four pools (lap pool, family pool, kiddie pool and quiet pool) and two hot tubs - loved the pool area and it was terrific that it was open from early am to midnight. Great outside bar by the pool and plenty of places to sit out (nice patio area). The golf course was great - no complaints. There are a couple small gift shops and a great little market store where you could buy just about anything and prices were what you would expect. Several on-site restaurants and another bar inside. I was there for a conference and all the food was included - it was very good. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfy (fridge, coffeemaker, safe, etc). I was on the 14th floor in room 14403 - it had two queen beds, a work area (desk area), bathroom. Great view of the pools. It was on a quiet wing with only a few other rooms but it was a walk to the elevator (which was no issue for me but if you had walking issues, you may want something closer). It was a great place for a conference and I would consider going back for a vacation. However, if you were going to be on vacation and planning to go to all the parks, I would opt for something less expensive as Orlando has so many options. However, if you are looking for relaxation, golf, pool, etc - this would be the place. Oh - forgot to mention the Spa.... it looked great but expensive! I opted for "looks relaxing but no thanks".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unspoiled natural setting. A hotel that surprises and delights. Designed to please in every way, Rosen Shingle Creek delivers exceptional luxury. From 1,501 elegant guestrooms and suites, to 15 tantalizing restaurants and lounges, to our 18-hole par 72 championship course, Rosen Shingle Creek is, in countless ways, Orlando's most inspiring AAA Four Diamond hotel. Add in RFID locks, no resort fee, free Wi-Fi, close proximity to International Drive and world-famous attractions for an unmatched Orlando experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosen Shingle Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel Orlando
- Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando, Florida
- Shingle Creek Resort
- Rosen Shingle Creek Resort