“Elegance, Comfort, Beauty....and long walks”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #38 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I spent 5 nights at the Rosen Shingle Creek hotel and loved it. Several restaurants on the premises that offer a good selection to vary your dining adventure--late night deli/market for last minute items before hopping into that very comfy bed. I was on the 11th floor with a gorgeous view of the swimming pools, part of the golf course and an interesting pond. Because I was with a group the nightly rates were reasonable--and at the same weekend there were 2 other groups checked in. That hotel is huge and all our functions were at one end of the hotel--turns out, besides getting exercise each day this placing of the halls kept all the crowds away from the main entrance. Once checked in, people headed to their designated halls for their activities. I enjoyed staying there and would like to go again, on my own.

Room Tip: I'd suggest the towers of floors 11-14, with a view of the pools, golf course and pond, however...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank PanamaMLE
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Come back whenever, PanamaMLE!

Thanks for the fantastic review of the hotel.

Hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

A trip in June 2014 was my second stay at this hotel. I must say that my first visit here left me a bit cold -- I really didn't know what to expect and found the hotel to be the antithesis of small and cozy. But I departed after my second stay very happy.

This hotel aspires to deliver a grand, five-star experience rivaling a nearby resort property. Those who seek an intimate or quaint lodging option -- or a sleek, cool, contemporary vibe -- should skip the Shingle Creek. But if you're looking for luxe accommodations, the Shingle Creek unquestionably delivers. The attractive (sorta) Spanish-style decor is apropos, the scale of the facilities are expansive, the colors and finishes are appealing, and everything is spotlessly clean and well maintained. The multiple sparkling pools are a particular standout: beautifully landscaped, generous in proportion, and perfectly maintained. The adult pool offers a quiet oasis; the family pool is a great place with perfect pool depths for kids to frolic, and the small shallow kiddie pool is ideal for very young tots.

Our room was clean, spacious, well appointed, and offered attractive views of the pools and golf course. The large bath with separate dressing area was very nice. Beds and linens were comfortable and all befitting a high end lodging facility. The air conditioning performed flawlessly.

I enjoyed the great breakfast buffet every morning; indeed, I must say that the buffet was the best I have experienced in quite some time. The Shingle Creek's morning spread included a number of little extra touches above and beyond the usual fare at a four or five star property: not only smoked salmon, but two of three varieties of the tasty fish; not only the usual assortment of fresh fruit, but also fresh berries in season; an omelet station of course, but also offering Eggs Benedict to order; not just breakfast sausages but large, extra plump bangers. And so it went -- the breakfast delivered, and then some. It was simply top notch.

Like most business class hotels and high-end resorts, standard room rates at the Shingle Creek do not include parking, wi-fi, or breakfast. But a little time spent on the hotel web site will turn up package/promo room rates which include these extras, all at prices that are eminently reasonable when one considers the near five-star quality of this property. Many people will inexplicably pay twice the rate of the Shingle Creek (or more) for much lesser properties in the Orlando area. It might be a stretch to say that the Single Creek is a value "secret," but I can say with confidence that (at least based upon this most recent visit) this hotel delivers a lot of bang for the buck.

Criticisms? We experienced a minor service issue in having some bathroom supplies restocked (and then delivered). Eventually, two phone calls took care of things but such a glitch really should not occur at a high end resort. Distances here are enormous, so be prepared to walk -- walk from the parking lot to the lobby (if you drive and self-park); the walk from the elevators through the cavernous lobby to the porte-cochère; a potentially long walk from the elevators to your room. For the record, I have no problem at all with walking long distances and have little sympathy for able-bodied but lazy people who whine about a few extra steps. But having traveled with elderly people before, I am keenly aware that if someone is mobility impaired they could find such distances a bit of a challenge. Finally, this hotel is a resort property surrounded by a golf course on a large parcel or land. Though the hotel is easily accessed via a major highway, and its only five minutes by car from the popular International Drive tourist strip (and only a quick 20 minutes or so from the Disney parks), the Shingle Creek is not pedestrian friendly in terms of access to nearby shops, restaurants, attractions, etc. Those who stay here without renting a car may find it a challenge.

These quibbles aside, the Shingle Creek is an excellent hotel which I have found over two different stays to deliver a very high quality experience. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank ProfessorTravelmuch
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

ProfessorTravelmuch-

Thank you very much for the details review of your most recent stay with us. It was very helpful and fun to read.

We hope you have the opportunity to visit our property again in the future.

If there is ever anything that I can do for you, please feel free to reach out to me.

Safe travels.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband, friends and I have stayed there a couple of times for a staycation. We check the prices and wait till we find a good deal for the weekend. We love hanging out by the pool and in the hot tub. They have good poolside food and drinks too. They have a really nice Spa with a hot tub, sauna, steam room and full spa services. They also have a beautiful golf course, well equipped fitness center, tennis, and volleyball court, although we have not used them. The rooms have always been very nice, clean and we love the chocolates left by the ladies during their turn down service. Also, if you get a good deal, splurge for the Concierge Level. They have 24 hour coffee, sodas and water. Concierge has a good continental breakfast, night time Hors d'oeuvres and desserts. But, make sure you look at the times on the list. They promptly stop serving food, when it says they will.
Overall, we love this beautiful property and it's very close to SeaWorld and not far from the other parks and International Drive. It's a hidden treasure worth finding.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank ImTheRedHead

It is hard to be hidden when we are this large, ImTheRedHead!

Thanks for the fantastic review of the property. It is greatly appreciated.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My Wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks, as a base to enjoy the Parks. What a fantastic place, someone has obviously visited Vegas and taken plenty of notes! The entrance driveway overlooks the golf course and leads past the vast carpark, to the hotel forecourt and taxi rank. The Hotel employs an upmarket taxi company who use only high class black vehicles and drivers in black suits and ties. Although extremely professional, courteous and helpful, this service is still surprisingly reasonable. We travelled with Virgin Holidays, who offered free courtesy buses to Disney, Universal and Seaworld but the Hotel does not offer the free Disney transport to other guests. The public areas inside the Hotel are vast, with high ceilings but still very homely, with good quality furnishings, giving guests plenty of seating areas, to read the free newspapers or charge their electronic devices. There are three swimming pools, all open from 6am till midnight, a family pool, a quiet pool and a lap pool. All offer plenty of seating and complimentary towels. There is also an outdoor Jacuzzi and a pool bar (convenient but expensive). The room was a good size and well furnished. The bed was huge and very comfortable, with quality linens. The bathroom offered a bath with shower attachment.
We tried a number of the Restaurants and found them all to be of good quality but Tobias Flats and 18 Monroe Street deserve special praise for their value for money and selection.
An excellent hotel which we would have no reservations in recommending or returning to in future visits.
At the end of the driveway to the Hotel, is a very handy Publix supermarket, just a 10 minute walk away. On one walk back, in the afternoon heat, one of the Hotel Security staff stopped in the golf buggy, to offer us a lift, definitely impressed with his customer service!
Our only minor grumble was that we visited Orlando to celebrate our 1st Anniversary and my 50th Birthday, a fact which was communicated to the Hotel by our Travel Agent and ourselves but at no time did the Reception Staff acknowledge our celebration or offer any congratulations.
Also, as Virgin customers, we were offered a 25% discount on certain Restaurants but we didn't realise this until the end of our stay because we were not given the required voucher on arrival. We were also not required to pay a Resort Fee, as Virgin guests but the Hotel did initially try to charge us 80 dollars plus tax. It has to be said that when these 2 Billing issues were raised with Jack on the front desk, he immediately corrected the mistakes.
Well done Rosen Shingle Creek, we had an excellent stay.

Room Tip: We were in room 11221, on the 11th floor and overlooking the pools and golf course, well serviced by...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OldBill883
Management response:Responded 9 July 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review, Oldbill883!

On behave of the entire staff... we thank you for your wonderful review! We wish you the warmest hospitality and hope you will return to us for another "first class" visit to our property in the future. Safe travels!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My previous review of this hotel was not so great, however I decided to give it a second chance after being contacted by Troy Shoemaker (assistant director of central reservations). From beginning to end everything was wonderful, from the front desk staff, to valet, to house keeping, there is nothing negative to be said. I did experience two glitches with one being the day after check-in and the other the day of check-out, Both could have caused a financial impact, however once brought to the staff's attention, they were handled immediately. This hotel will definitely be on the top of our list for our 2015 visit to Orlando and should be on yours too, My son and I would like to say thank you, Rosen Shingle Creek, for making this stay the BEST trip to Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Ptrcmccan
Management response:Responded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review, Ptrcmccan!

I will certainly pass this on to my manager Troy! Thank you for allowing us a second try... I am so pleased to read this second visit with is made for a perfect trip to Orlando. Safe travels! I look forward to reading your review this coming 2015 trip!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I could not love this place more if it were a baby kitten. It's perfect. A cross between Atlantis in the Bahamas and Hard Rock Hotel down the street, but prices better with occasional offers on Hotwire and Priceline. 2nd time here and it's amazing.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Katie S
Management response:Responded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review and cute analogy, Katie S!

We certainly appreciate your wonderful review... safe travels! I hope you find yourself here with us again for stay number 3!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was there for the Panama Canal Reunion, which has been held here 4 times over the years. Great hotel, great restaurants and wonderful pool complex. And of course the hotel is surrounded by a very challenging and wonderful golf course.
The staff has always been extraordinary and gone out of its way to make my visits pleasant.

For the reunion it has been very accommodating to a group of about 2800 people from the canal zone. We can be a challenging group but the hotel goes out of its way to make our stay enjoyable. It is a very family oriented hotel, while great for the business visitor.

I have stayed here a number of time on business and it has always been a wonderful visit.

I have stayed at Shingle Creek on business was well.

Room Tip: Room on the higher side provide some great views of the lake, the golf course and the fire works .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank chagresjim
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you, chagresjim!

I enjoyed reading your wonderful review! I hope your business or leisure trips will bring you back for many stays with us to come!