“we will be back again..”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #16 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was our third visit to the resort and sure we will be back next year again, because this place is what we a looking for when travelling with family. You have nice big room in the apartment, washer/dryer , full kitchen, nice pool area, restaurant, big malls close, all the theme parks, free shuttle from the hotel to the parks. Nice front desk staff.This is vacation as its best. see you again Floridays.

1  Thank sanna73
Write a ReviewReviews (8,593)

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I booked a three bedroom suite which was quite spacious. However there isn't much room to hang your colthes nor drawers for clothing. The shower is small and there is no lower tap so that you can adjust the water temperature before using the shower. So its like turn on the shower and you then make a run for it before the cold water hits you. By the first morning when I left for breakfast, $1005 was stolen from my room along with my son's camera. There was very little reaction from the hotel front desk and they did not pick this incident up with the local police. Beware, the hotel charges $50 for its amenities (compulsory). It does not offer much besides the pool and game room. The hotel offers no resturant beside the Palm Cafe which is a small and offers a fast food type service. Not much options for food there. Do not stay here its just not worth the money. I am still a guest here only because they charged my card the full amount on check in. Room service only takes out the garbage and tidy the bed. No additional body wash, no shampoo, no conditioner, new sheets are at a cost. There is a little card in the room that tells you this.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Please!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank rogersraj
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We had a good stay at Floridays - the apartments are large and very well equipped, although looking a bit tired and dated - perhaps it's time for a makeover and freshen up. The main pool area gets too crowded with not enough sun beds but the smaller pool area is under used so there's always space but no bar for a lounging G&T. If you get a room with a view over the pools that's great - if you get a room with a view over a car park - we got the latter - not so great - so ask for a pool view when you book. The gym is v v small and doesn't have air conditioning.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank LucieJScott
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed for four nights at the end of March 2012. In general, we were very pleased with our stay at Floridays.

Room - Our room was certainly spacious which made it the best part. With two children it was nice to spread out, unpack our stuff and just enjoy our time away from home. My biggest complaint/critique with our stay was the cleanliness of our room. The room in general just needs a good ol' cleaning, thorough. Lots of dust on the furniture, etc. The furniture was pretty banged up as well. Lots of scratches and knicks.

Pool area - The pool area is nice. Plenty of clean pool towels always available. The pool was a little smaller than I expected, and it got full at certain times of the day. By the middle of the afternoon there was a lot of trash on/around the pool deck (straws, wrappers, etc) which was kind of gross. I never really saw anyone out there tidying up so some sort of pool attendant would be nice to see. Nothing worse than stepping on trash when getting in/out of a pool. The poolside bar offered some nice pool drinks but they are pricey and add up quick.

The front desk staff was super friendly and cordial. We would definately look into staying again when in the Orlando area. I'm sure things get overlooked at times..but, a little advice to the Floridays people, your rooms need a good cleaning every now and again. You have a great thing going.

I thought the maid service person was really sweet thought. She thoughtfully placed my son's teddy bear under the covers with head on the pillow. My son always got a kick out of this when we returned to the room.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here with my husband and 2 daughters for our spring break trip to Universal. We rented a car, so I can't comment on their shuttle service. Early access to the park was an important perk because otherwise our wait for the forbidden journey ride would likely have exceeded 2 hours. As far as the room, it was really lovely- spacious, with a sitting area, decent kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, even a washer and dryer. The pool was large and nice- nothing spectacular, but we enjoyed an afternoon there. We drove about 15-20 minutes to get to universal each day, and it was nice to stay away from the bustle of the park. If we ever go back to Orlando, I would likely stay here.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My sister and I spent 4 days at Floridays in mid-March, just to get away for a mini-break and give us an opportunity to go to Universal studios. I found Floridays on Expedia and got a great deal including air and rental car. I had read wonderful reviews and decided to book. I was very happy that I did. The resort looks exactly like you see from all the pictures. It was very nice for my sister and I to each have our own bedrooms, and a quick trip down the street to Publix, and we could have our breakfast in the room to save money. We stayed in the farthest unit, Building F that was fine for us because it was very quiet, but families might prefer to stay closer to the pools. Honestly, we never heard a thing while we were there. It was extremely quiet. It is also important to note that if you are in a second floor room, the balcony is enclosed and a first floor room balcony is screened. At first, it was slightly difficult to find the entrance. If you turn prior to the Benihanas coming from the airport, it will bring you to a drop gate and ask for your key card. That is not Floridays! Rather it is the next-door resort. You can cut through the Benihana’s restaurant to find your way onto Floridays. Use the exit that says Floridays temporary resort. This is a great place for families, couples and singles. My only complaint was the “quiet” pool which is very small. Given that, it would seem to me that the management might consider making the “quiet” pool, Adults only. Especially, since families have access to a wonderful huge child friendly pool. I think adults need a place to just relax and read without children jumping and screaming in this tiny pool. I do highly recommend this resort since it was clean, convenient and very reasonably priced for everything you get.

Room Tip: Building F is the farthest away as well as the "quietest."

BRAVO!!!!
We travel a lot, so I believe that I my opinion of Floriday's Resort is spot on; it is, without a doubt, the best place to stay in Orlando. Nothing compares. From the moment we arrived till the moment we left, we were enchanted. We will never stay anywhere else.
Best of all is that it is close to all the major attractions!

Room Tip: Anything in building 'B' is fabulous! It's close to the pool and the main facilities.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple