I was looking for a condo like rental where I didn't have to be in a club or try to get sold into purchasing a timeshare on vacation as well as a place that worked well for my family of four (children 7 and 5) and this is exactly what we got.
We stayed from 11/22 - 11/27. The resort was fine. Rooms was clean enough, staff was nice and almost everything was in working order. Remote on TV did not work when we arrived but they fixed it very timely. The front desk also called to make sure it was fixed. We had a two bedroom suite. The kitchen had everything you needed to make a meal for your family or prepare simple snacks. There were three TV's and free Wi-fi in all the buidlings. The king bed was comfortable but the two full size were not the greatest in our rooms. The one thing I did not like was the location of the window to the kids room. It was right outside where you accessed your rooms. Call me paranoid but there is really no security to get into the property nor much to the buildings. I just didn't like it. That is really where it ended though.
They had activities at the pool that my kids loved. I think they were as content with these as going to the parks. Some of the crafts charged a fee of $3 or $5. The pool was great for my kids. Just enough entertain them and not so big I couldn't keep an eye on them.
It was very close to all the main attractions so driving to them was no problem at all really. They do shuttle to some of the attractions. The room came equipped with some things to get you started like coffee, laundry and dishsoap. They had an on hand market for some basics you might need but were really close to a Publix, Walgreens and CVS. I loved having laundry. All our clothes were clean when we came home and I could pack way less. I would just do a load at night while everyone was relaxing from the chaotic day at the parks or in the pool.
Overally our experience was great and my kids loved it. They would ask to go back to our hotel so they could go to the pool. Keep that in mind when planning your trip - need to plan pool only days:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named TripAdvisor's #1 Family hotel in the U.S.and #5 in the world in 2016, Floridays Resort Orlando is a luxury, all-suite recently renovated condominium-style Orlando resort, located in the heart of the action near Lake Buena Vista on International Drive, just a few miles from attractions and steps away from sensational shopping and dining. Our spacious 2- and 3-Bedroom Grand Suites are perfect for families looking for spacious accommodations, with 2 full baths, master suite with en suite bathroom, full kitchen (for a self-catering experience), dining and living room area, and balcony or patio. Scheduled theme park shuttles included. WiFi throughout the property and in every suite. Consistently in the top 5 on TripAdvisor, the guest experience is unparalleled in the Orlando hotel market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Prestigia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Floridays Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Orlando Resort
- Floridays Resort Orlando Florida