This hotel is average at best. We have stayed in a number of places in the Orlando area and choose this place based on the reviews. The hotel is just average and for a "family friendly" resort there was not much to do. There is no playground for the kids, a pool with a small splash area that turned off at one point when we were there and a few water toys that I believe we're purchased by other guests to amuse their children and then left behind. The arcade had a handful of games (most geared toward older kids) and again a few were not operational when we were there. There were no planned children's activities like we have experienced at other resorts in the area and really nothing over the top to warrant a high "family resort" rating. Not sure if they have activities some of the time, since other travellers have mentioned them, but they didn't have any when we were there and we travelled during March Break. Since this is one of the busier times of year, you would think a "family" resort would have some activities planned for the days you aren't at the park.
The rooms were satisfactory and do have the "home like" feel if that's what you are looking for. Nice to have a washer/dryer and full kitchen to use and the rooms had comfortable beds for sleeping. We did have an issue with the plumbing when we were there and had to call down to have it fixed. The first call was at night and after waiting an hour we decided to go to bed and have it looked at in the morning. When we called in the morning, they came right away to fix it.
If you plan on using the wi-fi when you are there you will have to venture down to the cafe. There is only spotty service in the rooms and is not reliable. The cafe has an ok selection and is good if you are looking for a quick bite.
The location of this resort is ideal and located close to the parks and shopping.
Overall, we were disappointed because we were expecting more of a family friendly experience and did not feel Floridays delivered that experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named TripAdvisor's #1 Family hotel in the U.S.and #5 in the world in 2016, Floridays Resort Orlando is a luxury, all-suite recently renovated condominium-style Orlando resort, located in the heart of the action near Lake Buena Vista on International Drive, just a few miles from attractions and steps away from sensational shopping and dining. Our spacious 2- and 3-Bedroom Grand Suites are perfect for families looking for spacious accommodations, with 2 full baths, master suite with en suite bathroom, full kitchen (for a self-catering experience), dining and living room area, and balcony or patio. Scheduled theme park shuttles included. WiFi throughout the property and in every suite. Consistently in the top 5 on TripAdvisor, the guest experience is unparalleled in the Orlando hotel market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotelopia, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Prestigia and Booking.com so you can book your Floridays Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Orlando Resort
- Floridays Resort Orlando Florida