Picked this location as needed something that could fit my husband, myself, our child and mother - so at least 2 baths and 2 bedrooms, without having to book two complete rooms. This place was an excellent value compared with many of the theme park hotels we were looking at. The front desk staff were very friendly and thorough upon arrival. They answered questions before I even had to ask and were super nice.
Unfortunately it rained almost our entire stay (unheard of in Florida, right?) We weren't able to walk around and explore - so was a little bummed as this was part of the convenience was the hotel located near things. However, we used the concierge service quite a bit to book dinner reservations, tickets, etc. Wildo in particular was wonderful! Super nice, very patient and if they didn't know, looked up for us. (Also always seemed to have a coupon!) He was friendly and had a cute sense of humor. Loved him! The fixed rate car service out front was quick and convenient, and if you needed a taxi - that usually came very quick as well.
On our last day we did get to enjoy the pool for a couple hours. It was a nice size, plenty of chairs and conveniently located near our room. Also, the little convenience store had everything we needed.
Our room was the perfect size for us. Loved the kitchenette and deck area. Especially appreciated that the temperature control was quick to adjust when you would change it.
The only negatives - if any at all ... the dryer in the room didn't work so great. I actually laid items out on the chairs over night and they dried quicker than using the actual clothes dryer. Also, both showers dripped and dripped after shutting off. Really annoying. Actually put a towel in the drainage area so didn't have to listen to the drip. My Mom's room was located next to the hallway (building A) and she did have people talking, laughing, etc. at all hours of the night. She said she woke up at 3 a.m. one time because of the loud people in the hallway. We couldn't hear from our bedroom, but hers was right next to it. Housekeeping service is limited, they make the beds, empty garbage and bring new tools. (Although the last day they didn't give either bathroom any washcloths, odd.) You can pay extra to have them do more.
Overall I think this hotel has everything you need. Nothing fancy, but enough space and amenities for a easy get away. If the weather was nice, I think we would have enjoyed it even more. We would definitely come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named TripAdvisor's #1 Family hotel in the U.S.and #5 in the world in 2016, Floridays Resort Orlando is a luxury, all-suite recently renovated condominium-style Orlando resort, located in the heart of the action near Lake Buena Vista on International Drive, just a few miles from attractions and steps away from sensational shopping and dining. Our spacious 2- and 3-Bedroom Grand Suites are perfect for families looking for spacious accommodations, with 2 full baths, master suite with en suite bathroom, full kitchen (for a self-catering experience), dining and living room area, and balcony or patio. Scheduled theme park shuttles included. WiFi throughout the property and in every suite. Consistently in the top 5 on TripAdvisor, the guest experience is unparalleled in the Orlando hotel market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Floridays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Orlando Resort
- Floridays Resort Orlando, Florida