“Great experience”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #16 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just came home after spending 2 weeks at this fantastic resort with my family (me, my wife and 2 children aged 14 and 5). What we liked most about the hotel was:
- Great room. Very spacious and clean. Fresh towels every day.
- The room was very well equipped. Dishwasher, washer and dryer and in fact everything to make our stay more comfortable.
- We could park our car right in front of our building - the parking fee is included in the daily service charge.
- Great pool - our kids loved it! No need to bring your own beach towels as they are provided at the pool. Great 80's and 90's music played (Did not care for the live music during the weekend though - the guy can NOT play).
- Very friendly staff and always ready to help.
- Fantastic location - close to the parks and great shopping
And much, much more.

We will definitely visit again.

2  Thank Gísli S
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Gisli, thank you for sharing your fantastic experience following your stay with us. We appreciate you for taking the time to comment on everything you enjoyed about our resort. We are pleased that our spacious and well-equipped suites contributed to a comfortable stay. It is nice to know that your children loved our lovely pool. Many of our guests also tell us that they enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of our pool. We are delighted that you will without a doubt stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you for your next family getaway to Orlando!

Write a ReviewReviews (8,586)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have stayed here twice and both times have had no issues. I loved it and my 6 year old loves the pool. I would definitely stay here again. There was plenty of room in the 2 bedroom with 3 adults and 2 kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Aimee, your excellent review means a lot to us! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your second stay as much as your first visit to our resort. It is great to hear that you and your son had a lovely time by our beautiful pool. We are happy to learn that you will definitely return to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your third stay!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Thought I would make the effort and pass on what my views are on the resort , area and my general experience of my recent holiday as I know I heavily relied on the many reviews in trip advisor before and indeed after I booked and hopefully can shed light on many queries I had before I went to ensure your holiday is as stress free as possible…

My family & I stayed at this complex during April this year, two teenagers & 1 under 10. Flew in from Dublin direct to Orlando l International Airport. Booked through Expedia. I had reserved seats but not able to confirm unless you have booked direct with Airline, so beware. The complex is about half an hours drive from the Airport and very straight forward but you will arrive around dusk from this flight. If you’re hiring a car get to the desks one floor below baggage reclaim asap to beat the ques. Otherwise a good 30-45mins wait would be expected.

The welcome we received was great and very professional. We had made specific requests as our party was two families. Didn’t make much of a difference though, however we did end up in the same building, Block A which turned out fine. Block A is just across from the main entrance which was prefect for the pool. Blocks C to F would certainly be a bit of a walk. Avoid the first two floors if you want a balcony view. Rooms very large and accommodated our party of 5. Kitchen very well stocked with every appliance, however no kettle, but a boiler kettle could be requested. The whole apartment was very clean though the décor is certainly designed around low maintenance and, I’m afraid, a bit dated. Furniture certainly worn and old TV’s but not a big deal. Everything worked, the washer dryer was very useful and the abundance of fresh towels was great. They only make the beds and lift the trash every day and if you stay over a week you get a full clean. We did eat in the odd night and wanted for nothing. The fridge as you would expect is massive with an ice maker so be sure to switch it on when you arrive if you want a supply of ice. The master-bedroom ensuite is also massive and has the Jacuzzi bath which was a great way to relax and the kids loved it. Water pressure is not great as is with most hotels. Bed very comfortable and to our liking. Safe also in the apartment which we availed of. Nice and quiet at night.

The pool area was great but can get a bit crowded. Again an abundance of fresh towels which was very handy. Usual high price for food and drink but nothing more than you would expect. Food OK, only ate there the first night but the kids loved the pizza. The movie night was also great crac for the kids. The is also a gym and a business suite. Guards patrol the complex after 11pm which is always good to know. My only real gripe is the resort fee. I knew of it before I booked, but lets be honest, if such a fee is compulsory, then put it on the room rate, please don’t try and make excuses for it as not everyone avails of the these so extra services that I know other hotels offer as complimentary. Whilst I accept it keeps the prices competitive a $200 odd bill at the end of your 14 day stay is never welcome especially when it’s charged for things you did not use. So I’ afraid it’s that that has lost this complex a star.

As far as location is concerned, I have no issue with it. The entrance is just off a new road that is hardly used so you not faced with busy traffic. Local Publix ( like a Spar) is a few minute drive and about a 10 min walk but not all on footpaths. Also close to a chemist and a small shopping complex. The Publix was very handy, dear enough mind you and if you like fresh food and bakery you will not be disappointed. We ate out most nights and would recommend Outback Steakhouse just up from the Publix) and the Olive Garden (Italian) and Longhorn Steakhouse which is just good fresh food at reasonable prices with no reservations and all only a couple of miles away. Would also recommend Thai Thani for a take out (just below Seaworld on Int Drive) if you like thai food. Also premium outlet also around the corner.

Seaworld was a couple of miles away with the Disney Complex a bit further in the opposite direction as is Disney downtown. Downtown gets very busy every evening so get there as early as you can to avoid the rush but it will get very busy and parking is a nightmare late evening. Universal is at the other end of the Int Drive but very easy to get to, but be careful when leaving at night as you will end up on the I4 before you know it, which to be honest is a much quicker way home.

Car Hire, in my opinion, is a must. Otherwise you will wait around for buses and queues as the parks empty. Booked through Argus Car hIre, got a great deal on a mini van through Dollar. Honestly can not fault them. Didn’t take any extras other than bring back a full tank of gas. Car was very new and comfortable. Car had bumps and scratches on it when I picked it up but after pointing it out to the lady I was told that they are not interested in the bumps, only major damage. Took pictures anyway. Absolutely no issue what so ever. Had my own sat nav, a must if your driving. Also didn’t bother with the sun pass for the toll roads. You will hit two tolls leaving the airport regardless of which main road you take, one $1 and the other $1.25, just keep right as cash is accept. Other than that only really went through the toll roads going to Kennedy Space Centre, 4 in total to get there. Would recommend Dollar any time. Bare in mind most parks charge $12-$15 a day for parking.
Theme Parks: Stayed away from Disney this time, but very busy by all accounts. However pretty much done the rest, both Universal’s, Wet & Wild, Aquicta, Seaworld, Lego, Busche AGrdens & Kennedy Space Centre. Things to watch out for is the food, which generally is not great and the parks not permitting packed lunches. So very quickly:
o Universal a big hit & great spot, busy but not too bad. The big attractions get the big crowds such as Dispicable Me, Spiderman & Harry Potter. The Rocket roller coaster is fab as was the Hulk. The 3D & 4D shows are also a must. New HP themed area to open soon, would avoid like the plague as I believe half of the states are taking their holidays around the opening. We left the main rides until later in the evening to avoid the rush. Again bring rain ponchos if you have the as you will get soaked on the water rides For the wee ones, don’t miss the water play area in the kids zone but bring a change as they will great soaked. Packed lunches allowed.
o Busch Gardens in Tampa is a favourite and worth the 1½ drive. No Tolls on the I4. Now if you fancy a real treat and a great breakfast on your way to Tampa call into the Cracker Barrel on the I4 junction 25 around half way there. It’s literally beside the I4 and the best pancakes beacon and eggs you will ever eat with orange juice that’s doesn’t get any fresher. Makes a really nice break and has a very quant little country shop, a real tourist gem. Done the Preferred parking at a couple of parks, but only really worth the extra $5 at Busch Gardens. Really great rides with a new one opening in May. Watch out for the train whilst kids love it, it’s very slow and you could easily loose a couple of hours with the stopping and starting. Again bring rain ponchos if you have the as you will get soaked on the water rides. No lunches allowed.
o SeaWorld, again a great spot and very big. Best ride ever is the Kracken… Get the shows especially the Orca’s, however trainers no longer allowed in the water anymore which is a real shame as it was such a spectacle. The parrot show also loved by the kids. The penguin ride gets the crowd so plan your wait. A massive park and certainly a full day. No lunches allowed.
o Aquicta, great waterpark and very new. Great family place. Great place to spend the day but the weekends are very busy. Again no lunches allowed. Wave pools great fun and the lazy rivers are a great way to cool down. Kids water play area also a big hit. New even bigger slides opening soon as well.
o Wet & Wild. The oldest water park there but still very popular. A big hit with the teenage crowd and a big wave pool. Some very good water slides and also a great kiddies play area. Carpark at the rear. Very lively place. Lunches allowed.
o Lego Land. Obviously very popular with the kids and this park is relatively new. A good hours drive away. To me this is a one hit wonder. The lego cities are very well done and the park is very well laid out with a couple of good fun kiddies rides. Everything is made pretty much from Lego as you would expect with plenty of opportunities to buy. Food at this place was the worst from all the parks we visited. Pretty much a rip off and the quality was very poor which is made all the worse when lunches are not allowed. Sneak in a couple of sandwiches to avoid the disappointment.
o Kennedy Space Centre. This will be your only toll road day if your driving, around $9 in total. A good hours drive. Was not busy the day we visited which was fine by me. The 3D cinema shows on the ISS was the best every example of 3D I have ever witnessed. You certainly feel a part of history here and all I will say is the presentation of the Atlantis Space Shuttle was very, very impressive. Worth the journey. Again no lunches.

At best it’s a pretty expensive holiday and you want to ensure your experience is a memorable one and any and all advice I found waswelcome so hopeful I have been some help. There is an awful lot to do so my best advice is to take days out to relax otherwise you will need a holiday afterwards. Take lots of $$$ as that’s what makes the place tick and they are not shy in taking it off you.
In all we had a great holiday and I would have no hesitation in recommending Floridays and would happily return. Just sort out that resort fee please…….
Have a Great Holiday.

Room Tip: Block A with an eastern view, floors 4 up to get a lovely sunny balcony in the morning. Very handy t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank connord

Connord, thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is really nice of you to share your great tips with the TripAdvisor community. We would like to thank you for making us a part of your Easter holiday in Orlando. It sounds to us that you had a fantastic time visiting all the wonderful attractions that our great state of Florida had to offer.

We are glad that you found our spacious suites to be comfortable for you and your family. It is great to hear that our well-equipped suites were convenient and useful throughout your vacation. You are right, our large jacuzzi bathtub is a great way to relax after a long day, we are happy that your children loved it. Thank you for also mentioning how much your children loved our pizza. As a matter of fact, our Pepperoni Pizza is one of our most popular menu items. We are glad that you found our central location to be convenient for visiting restaurants, shops, and attractions. Our resort is located near a Publix supermarket and many of our guests also tell us that they find this to be very convenient for their needs.

We appreciate your comments in regards to the resort fee. Please note that our daily resort fee offers parking, internet access, shuttle service to theme parks, in-room coffee service, fitness center, local and toll-free phone access as well as daily housekeeping refresh service to all our guests. Our refresh service includes making the beds, removing the trash, and replacing the bath towels and bathroom amenities.

It is wonderful to hear that you will return to stay with us again. Next time you visit us, please do stop by our concierge team for additional recommendation and ideas for other places you should visit. In addition, don’t forget that we offer a best rate guarantee. Please feel free to contact our reservations department for more information. We look forward to your next visit to our resort!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed at this resort for a week in May 2014. Resort is very nice and the staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. Great pool for the kids. The only disadvantage is that there isn't a regular sit down restaurant. You can get all kinds of food and room service but no typical restaurant set up. Recommend resort highly, especially for families..

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite is very spacious, good for larger families
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Anthony, thank you for recommending our resort! It is a pleasure to hear that you found our team to be extremely friendly and helpful. Please know that it was our pleasure to have you as our guest throughout your one week stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the many menu options that the Palm café had to offer as well. We appreciate you for sharing your experience with our resort and we hope to serve you again for your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We chose floridays as we were looking for a suite located in the vicinity of universal studios. It turns out that the drive to universal takes about 15 minutes or so. It is about the same distance from downtown disney. Of course there are many places closer to either place.

We thought it was worth it to be at floridays. The room suite was spacious and clean. There is a nice pool and the snack bar serves healthy good food. Staff makes the effort to be friendly. There is a supermarket nearby or many restaurants within the vicinity. The airport is actually not so far when you are trying to make your flight.

We think this is a good value for the price. We would consider floridays again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Peter S
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Peter, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that your experience with our resort was of a great value to you. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the healthy menu options we offered at the Palm café. Many of our guests tell us that they enjoy the variety of salads and flatbreads on our menu. We are glad that our friendly guest service combined with our great value has made you consider visiting us again. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was our first time to the USA. We chose this after reading great reviews, and we're not disappointed. My family and I stayed at Floridays for 8 nights and found the property to be of a high standard, very clean, great facilities, and friendly staff. Apartments were very spacious, modern, and contained everything you need. Washer and dryer were very handy traveling with a child. Pool was fantastic! Well done Floridays, see you next year!

Room Tip: Choose building A or B as they are closest to pool
3  Thank AustralianNotawinger

We are so honored to be part of your first visit to the Sunshine State of Florida! We hope that you and your family had a fabulous time visiting all the wonderful attractions that our great city of Orlando had to offer. It is fantastic to hear that you and your family enjoyed our luxurious suites as well as our facilities. We are glad that you found our washer and dryer to be convenient for your needs. You are absolutely right, access to a washer and dryer is brilliant, especially when you have children. We are excited to learn that your excellent experience with our resort has motivated you to revisit us. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Have been to Orlando many times before but first time I found perfect vacation resort.Spacious ,extremly well furnished ,quiet and very clean.I would recommend it highly.Beds are very comforable ,bathrooms are luxuriosly furnished and fully operational kitchen is very helpful for family .Grocery store is only 3 mintues drive .Just loved it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle S
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Floridays Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

We truly appreciate your wonderful review, Michelle! It is excellent to hear that our suites were perfect for you and your family’s needs. Thank you for mentioning how comfortable you found our beds to be throughout your stay. Besides our great beds, it is nice to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our fully-equipped kitchens as well. We are thrilled that you loved our resort and we look forward to seeing you soon!