I was in Orlando to attend a conference at a nearby hotel. I selected Floridays because I was bringing along my 2 kids and husband to have fun after work and made this a business/pleasure trip. We were there for 4 days and stayed in a 2 bdrm/2 bath in building F on the top floor. Our view of the pond with the fountain and the 2nd pool was great. There were turtles and ducks in the pond. It was a very nice view. By the way this is a very large complex. The main pools with the kid sprinklers and bar are located towards the lobby. We actually drove to the main pool and this was not an issue or burden for us. It was a two minute drive at best. After sizzling days in the theme parks you need a comfortable place to relax. Floridays had it all and more! Live music at the pool bar was a pleasure as well as the regular music played from the speakers located around the pool. The lobby staff was excellent upon check in. (Imara helped us) the grounds of the hotel are clean and well maintained.
With all the good things I do have to share few cons which is the reason I had to deduct a star. The picture tube TV’s and non-HDTV was a surprise for us and a disappointment. Regardless of how long you are in your room at some point you will turn on the TV, and a clear picture and flat screen is an absolute must for us. It’s just as important as WIFI in which today should not be an issue. Also, there were no movie channels available. There is an option at the hotel for guests to pick up a DVD player from the lobby and select movies. We chose not to bother; it simply was not worth the effort. Also, the cable went out temporarily so there was no picture at all. It didn’t matter too much as we were on our way out for the day. But it still happened twice. Lastly, the Jacuzzi in the main bedroom which was awesome did not have instructions visually posted on how to operate it. Normally you would simply press the button; however, you actually have to flip the switch in the circuit box first which is located in the living room. This was discovered after calling the front desk after 1am for instructions. I preferred not to call at that time but had to. That could have been avoided by simply providing the instructions near the Jacuzzi on a wall placard.
Lastly, I did share my thoughts in a post survey from the hotel directly and received an immediate response regarding the TV upgrade, and for those incoming visitors to the hotel in 2015 will be happy to know that Floridays will be updating the décor and TV’s which will make the place a better stay than my stay. Will we return here again? Absolutely! This is place were customers are first and they listen to the guests to continue to make the place better and better. This is the perfect place for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named TripAdvisor's #1 Family hotel in the U.S.and #5 in the world in 2016, Floridays Resort Orlando is a luxury, all-suite recently renovated condominium-style Orlando resort, located in the heart of the action near Lake Buena Vista on International Drive, just a few miles from attractions and steps away from sensational shopping and dining. Our spacious 2- and 3-Bedroom Grand Suites are perfect for families looking for spacious accommodations, with 2 full baths, master suite with en suite bathroom, full kitchen (for a self-catering experience), dining and living room area, and balcony or patio. Scheduled theme park shuttles included. WiFi throughout the property and in every suite. Consistently in the top 5 on TripAdvisor, the guest experience is unparalleled in the Orlando hotel market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Floridays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Orlando Resort
- Floridays Resort Orlando, Florida