My check-in at the Floridays was the most upsetting experience I have had on any vacation I have been on.
From other guest experiences on tripadvisor I was mindful that there would be some charges not reflected in my booking however I was surprised though not troubled to hear about an incidental expense authorisation which would be made on my card. It is even boldly written at the reception. Seeing this and as I was using a debit card, I asked that the authorisation for the accommodation be taken on one card and then the incidental in another. Unfortunately the front desk officer posted the total amount on one card, found out she had made a mistake and tried several reversals and re-Authorisations which now blocked my card. What upset me most however was that the Manager, I think her name was Ebeni was very uncouth in the way she handled the issue. She did not apologise but rather even questioned me like I was the one who made the error. Surprisingly she insisted that the incidentals must be taken on the 2nd card before she would allow us into our apartment. I had a 6week old baby with me, my wife and 3 other kids less than 10 years. I was so upset and having come from a 15 hour flight I thought it best not to argue. When I checked my statement later that day on the 2nd card, the authorisation had been done twice. Even though this was reversed after 2 days and my 1st debit card unblocked. Ebeni in each instance I met with her was rather unapologetic. This is really sad and fortunately though, was far from the experience I had with other staff at the hotel.
The hotel is well situated on International drive. It is close (walking distance) to excellent outlet shopping, nice fine dining options and then a large Publix supermarket for your groceries and things you may need during your stay.
Hotel has lively grounds and an excellent main pool by the reception which kept the kids busy on the days we were not exploring Orlando. The apartments I must say are very well equipped and really comfortable. We were a family of 6 so we stayed in 2 bed apartment.
I must add that the hotel offered free shuttle buses to Epcot and universal studio which is very convenient if you don't have a car. The ladies at the concierge are very nice and helpful with information on Orlando and you can purchase Universal Studio tickets from them. They don't sell Disney tickets but you can purchase these from the Outlet Mall at Vineland which is a 10min walk or 2 minute taxi ride away.
Other than my unpleasant experience while checking in, we enjoyed our stay at Orlando and the comfort of the hotel sure added to this. I will not hesitate to recommend a stay for any family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named TripAdvisor's #1 Family hotel in the U.S.and #5 in the world in 2016, Floridays Resort Orlando is a luxury, all-suite recently renovated condominium-style Orlando resort, located in the heart of the action near Lake Buena Vista on International Drive, just a few miles from attractions and steps away from sensational shopping and dining. Our spacious 2- and 3-Bedroom Grand Suites are perfect for families looking for spacious accommodations, with 2 full baths, master suite with en suite bathroom, full kitchen (for a self-catering experience), dining and living room area, and balcony or patio. Scheduled theme park shuttles included. WiFi throughout the property and in every suite. Consistently in the top 5 on TripAdvisor, the guest experience is unparalleled in the Orlando hotel market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ebookers, Prestigia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Floridays Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Floridays Resort Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Hotel Orlando
- Floridays Orlando Hotel
- Floridays Orlando Resort
- Floridays Resort Orlando Florida