Floridays Resort
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$157
US$410
US$386
US$266
US$176
US$152
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$100
US$81
US$477
US$449
US$418
US$321
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$208
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$65
Cancelon
8,884 results
All reviewsbuilding bfull kitchenpalm cafebedroom suitewasher and dryerpublix supermarketinternational drivemain poolpool areapremium outletssmaller poolhome away from homemaster bathsea worldstayed in buildingkids loved the poolminute drive
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We stayed at Floridays Orlando after Christmas.We had a wonderful stay there, It is NOT a timeshare property don't know why people think this.Perhaps it is because the surrounding properties are timeshare.
We stayed in a three bed apartment there was so much space, three double bedrooms Everything you could need was supplied.The pool area is fab especially for kids.Only drawback is there is only one restaurant within walking distance - the Outback, which is pretty good.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank leprachauns
Reviewed 8 February 2009

The resort/hotel is built with very cheap decor. When we walked in the thermostat cover fell off, the toilet seat covers were broken, the carpet & furniture felt dirty, the drawers in the master suite would not stay closed and the provided dishes were filthy. We found hair in the fridge and in the shower drains and women's panties were left behind under the sofa. Staff was friendly when available, but when my wife called for assistance with our bags she was told there were carts near the elevators for guest use, so much for customer service.

9  Thank papakube
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We staying in a 3 bedroom unit for 10 nights in Jan, 2009.

The Good:

The suites are fairly new.
Internet was ethernet (wired) and reaonably fast.
The pool was warm and clean with an excellent kids area and large lap pool for the rest of us. The small white sand beach is a nice touch.
The front desk and cleaning staff were friendly and helpful.
Good location -all parks, stores, restaurants are 5-15 minutes away.
The food offered in the cafe is good enough to feed hungry kids at a reasonable price.
Reasonable rate - Resort fees were USD 12.50/day for internet and parking.
On-site concierge was helpful and able to supply tickets to most of the theme parks, and recommended good, family friendly restaurants.

Other:

The windows are single paned and although we were on the 6th floor, we could hear people talking in the parking lot, doors slamming, and other general outside noise.
Construction next door commenced at 7:30 am six days a week. - I suggest asking for a room away from the parking area.
Hot water was an issue, not quite sure why, but got the old "run the shower for 5-10 minutes" which I haven't heard since the early 80's. Not very good for the water table...
You have to pay US$ 40.00 to have the room cleaned mid-week which is a gouge and just plain unsanitary.
House keeping is short staffed and often our garbage and towels had not been replaced before 5pm.

*Most of the above mentioned issues were dealt with by staff quickly in a responsible and friendly manner. The front desk followed up with a phone call and apology for any inconvienence. I will stay here again.

3  Thank drknows
Reviewed 4 February 2009

It is not a hotel, but a timeshare rental. There is only 1 front desk attendent, and only1 building maintenance person on site at a time for this large complex. If you have a problem, you may need to wait over an hour for any resolutions. Here is a list of shortcomings we experienced on our 3.5 day stay: 1. The thermostats in the rooms are preset. You cannot change them without calling a maintenance person, and then he can only reset the temperature to last only 8 hours at what you may want. the temperature went from 68 to 42 within hours and we had no control over the temperature inside. 2. The shuttle to the parks is not an all day thing. You MUST ride in the morning to get a ride back. When we arrived the first day, we were not on the outbound shuttle since they stop coming at 10:15 am. We asked them to call us a cab, and they call a specific car service which I believe they own. It charges twice the amount of a taxi. If you want a taxi, you have to do that on their own. Great concierge service, huh? Since we were not on the outbound, we couldn't take the return shuttle, that we paid for in the daily hotel service fee. We had to take that round-trip. 3. You pay a service fee everyday in addtion to your room rate. It only includes towel replacements and trash removal if you are lucky. This was very inconsistant. They do not replenish the toiletries if you use them up nor do they replenish the coffee if you use their coffee machines in the units. You have to call to get replenishment and you may need to wait over an hour for somebody to bring it and made to feel like you're being greedy. 4. They do not have a restaurant on site like they say. You can order food in their overpriced convenience store and sit at these cheesy tables if you want. It's like you would be eating your dinner at 7-11. No waitstaff like you would expect at a restaurant. The cost of the beverages nd food at the convenience store are the same price as in he Disney parks. Need I say more? 5. We did end up taking the shuttles. They are disgustingly filthy. They stink like stale smoke and they show up late and leave without you early. If you stay there, do not expect the amentities you would expect at a hotel. The front desk staff do their best, but the company that owns this joint is a disaster. Do NOT be fooled by the low nightly rates, because you will be surcharged for a bunch of nothing. You'll incur the cost of a rental car or their overly expensive car service if you need to get anywhere the day you arrive, since you cannot check in until 11:00 am. I will not stay there again and I vehemently discourage anybody to pay to stay there

9  Thank Luvtotravelandsee
Reviewed 4 February 2009

Over all this is a nice property, but there were several disappointments. First, their reservation system is seriously flawed. I had to call several times, at different times of the day when trying to book to finally get ahold of in-house reservations. I had requested a first or second floor room because my one year old hates elevators, I also requested a crib to be in the room. As it was late when we arrived, I didn't notice during check-in that our room was on the forth floor. Since we had already driven to the back of the resort to our building(it is kind of far) plus the baby was sleeping and the crib should have been waiting in the room, we decided we would stay there. We got in the room, no crib. We called the front and we were moved to another room on the first floor in a different building, but we had to drive all the way back to front of the resort to take care of it, then back to the second to last building. We also received a message on our phone two days before we planned to check out to confirm that we were checking out the next day, they had our reservation one night short. And I know I repeated the reservation days and number of nights more than once on the phone when making the reservation. Again, it was quickly fixed but could have been a problem had it been the busy season.

The play room that is advertised and you see pictures of on their website no longer exists, which was a huge disappointment since it contributed to our choosing this hotel. Several lamps in our room did not turn on, not really a big deal since there were so many. I think the broken lamps were so because they have tassels hanging from the turn switch, not the best choice for a hotel which is geared for families! I had to take off all the tassels because my toddler saw them and wanted to pull on them! I am sure other little kids have done the same which is how they broke. The furnature was really uncomfortable, super uncomfortable! I can't stress how poor the chairs are, the back of the chairs are so far back that you cannot sit back and relax. I have seen other reviews about noisey neighbors and thought it was being picky, but after staying in here, I understand. The exterior corridors are concrete and the buildings are U shaped, any noise made in the exterior U shape echoes through the corridors. You can here every last whisper through the thin walls and windows. It was loud, we were there at a slow time, and I don't think there were more than a dozen rooms occupied in our building. I can't imagine how loud it must be when the place is busy.

On our last day, the internet (wired) did not work throughout the entire facility. I understand these things happen, but I have read other reviews where this has happened and think it is a common problem. The connection is also on the slow side. It is also true, as other reviews have said, that it is a hike to the main building and the road from the far buildings. About a 5 minute walk, and about the same to the road in a car because there are so many turns and speed bumps! We had planned on using the I-Ride during our stay, but didn't for several reasons, it was a long walk to the road, the bus came very infrequently, and most importantly there is no crosswalk! In fact you have to cross three lanes of traffic, up over a curb, across a grassy median, down another curb, then across two more lanes of 45 mph traffic! Not safe if you are trying to travel with children and/or a stroller~! Plus it is $1.25 per ride, not the $1.00 the hotel website states. There is a Publix close by, but if you walk there, you have to walk along the busy road in the grass in front of a construction site.

Another issue worth noting is the heavy use of scented candles and/or air fresheners in the main building! While the smell was not unpleasant, it was STRONG! A member of our family who is allergic to perfumes could not even go in there to use any of the facilities. If you have perfume allergies, do NOT stay here.

The rooms were large and clean. Kitchen was spotless, I didn't think twice about cooking there. The water has a strong Sulfur taste and smell, so if you are not used to sulfur water, plan to buy bottled water! Master bath is clean, large and nice, but could use a few towel racks. Staff were all friendly. Cribs and high chairs are available upon request at no charge! We didn't have any issues with the limited house keeping, other than the day we asked for hand towels and washclothes but were informed they didn't have any. They didn't even make an attempt to bring us some later.

The pool area was nice and large. We also liked the 'sand beach', well my one year old liked the sand beach. There were no toys there like the pictures show. The land scaping and fountains in the ponds were also very nice. They also have DVDs for rent in the lobby, I think they were $6.49 per night. I found a RedBox($1 per day) at a Walmart a couple miles away.

This 'Resort' ( I wouldn't call it that) is also for sale, as in the units are privately owned then the hotel rents them out for the individual owner to make profit. So when you reserve a unit, someone owns it similar to a time share, but they make a profit on your stay. They don't push a sale on the guests, only a few signs and brochures about buying a unit in the rooms. But I think the unit owners contribute to the number of wonderful and excellent reviews for this place. It isn't a bad place, but isn't exceptionally wonderful either!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Tripswithbaby