“great stay”

Ranked #18 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
RI
“great stay”
Reviewed 22 September 2009

my mom and i stayed here for a week and it was the nicest place i've stayed at in a long time. i was surprised of those who said they didn't get their rooms cleaned. we always had a nice clean room...its not a typical hotel so you're not going to get the typical housecleaning unless you pay for it. the resort fee covers every day things like fresh towels, soap, shampoo, etc. we cleaned our own kitch messes, and put the do not disturb sign on the door every other day... there was no need to have them come and replace towels and stuff every day..... the room was very clean and beautiful. the pools very clean and spacious given the amount of children. there were only a couple of minor negatives....my blow dryer didn't work, the elevator was so hot you couldn't breathe in it and i shuttered at the thought of getting stuck in it!! the pool was way to hot for it to even refesh you.... other than that everything about the place was a 10. i will definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,872)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 September 2009

On a recent stay of 8 days / nights the staff at Floridays went above and beyond in service, room expectations and support. There were 4 persons who shared a 3 bedroom condo intown for a conference booked by a budget minded travel coordinator (me). The condo was well recieved with free wifi, free parking, a market nearby and plenty of pools to relax in. Thumbs up from all of us. Excellent value for the money, easy to use web site. The front staff, reservations people and billing were all a great help and have my gratitude. (even assisted shipping some goods for us) Good Job, we'll be back! A BIG Thank you to all!

Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed with our own two children aged 10 and 14 and extended family the week of September 5th. There were eight of us in a well planned 3 bedroom suite. The suite had two of the bedrooms down a separate hall way making the suite feel private and gave everyone their own space. The two sinks in the 2nd bath were also great for a large number of guests.
The suite was clean and everything worked well except 2 quirky bedroom lamps. All of our calls whether for extra towels, plates, etc. were answered quickly and by super friendly staff.
We loved the pools, lots of seating, clean towels and the kids enjoyed the game room.
The location was great, really close to groceries and a ten minute drive to Disney World.
Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank trackharrison
england
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Having just returned from floridays i had to comment on what an excellent resort this is. It really is a home from home. The apartment catered to our every need being clean comfortable and very well equiped. I made full use of the washer/dryer and dishwasher and found the instructions very easy to follow. A supermarket is within five minute walk as is the orlando premium outlets and several restaurants. Outback steakhouse was enjoyable and can be recommended. We did not have use of a car but this was not a problem. The resort shuttle was always punctual and easy to book. Many thanks to tony our driver.He was a gem.Also thankyou to ray. All the staff are very approachable and customer orientated. The pool, grounds, fitness room etc are kept immaculate.We had such a good time i have recommended floridays to everyone.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank EnglandSuzyq
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I took my wife, my son and his wife, and our two grandchildren to Orlando. We stayed at the Floridays for 3 days. It was a great stay. Beautiful room. Lots of space. The pool was fantastic for the kids. We will DEFINITELY stay there again. I've brought my extended family to Orlando many times over the years. This is by far the best value that I've found.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I loved the website, and quite frankly the washer/dryer was the best amenity.
My family and I loved the place, great location, alot of stuff close by, and great price.
the bad things:
I felt the keys were kind of shabby, they un-programmed themselves and I had to go the main office to reprogram them which was an inconvenience. Also when we first arrived the place had a bad odor, not a human odor but a bad cleaning agent odor... I don't know what they use to clean but it didn't smell nice. Either way, i recommend it, and I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We stayed (husband, wife, 3 teenagers and a 12 yr old) in B212 building 2 bed/2 bath at the end of August. I am perplexed at the glowing reviews. It was off season and we had so many choices at the same low rates as this place, but I chose it based on the reviews. Before I mention all the negatives, there are a few positives.
The Good:
As other's have mentioned the staff, and front desk people are very nice, and anything you ask or need they will do thier very best. The staff are always smiling, friendly, and helpful.
The location is convienent (just off freeway, and has a grocery store very close)
The pool bar is great to have, and the little cafe came in handy for sandwiches/food for the kids at reasonable prices
The pool itself had a nice area for little ones

The Bad:
Upon entering the room I could not believe how dirty it was. All the walls had massive scrapes and marks on them, (I don't know how someone could manage to scrape up an entire wall in one of the bedrooms). I immediately called the front desk to explain how dirty the room was, looked like it hadn't been vaccummed in months and they sent house keeping to the room right away. I showed them the dirt on the floor, the crumbs and other debris on the couch, and the sticky kitchen counter. They began to clean things up. But the spider webs on the lamps and lighting stayed along with the dust on the shades and around the windows. The balcony had to be the worst I've seen with hair and other debris I can't even imagine what it was, but I decided not to use the balcony after I saw it. The kitchen is very dark and it made for cooking kind of depressing. The condo itself is not very spacious the bedrooms are average size and the living/dining/kitchen are like one fat hallway. We ran out of toilet paper and soap in the first few days and they do not replenish these items automatically. So I ended up buying it at the local grocery store.

I wish I had stayed at Vista Cay, or Lake Buena Vista Village as these were the same price. Previously we have stayed at Sheraton Vistanna, Marriot Cypress Harbor and Blue Heron which are all good, but I like to try new places and we were on a budget this time.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family