“The best choice I could ever had made”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #21 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Nothing but praise for this great resort. Having returned yesterday after an extended stay (due to the volcano event), I am happy i chose Floridays.
Initially booked for a 2 week stay, check in was welcoming, promt and straight forward. The apartments were clean, spacious and nicely stocked...home from home. A few things were required and the moment you called guest services it was promptly rectified. The resort is lovely a clean relaxed environment, everyone of the staff members made you feel a valued guest. , but there are some team members that need to be especially mentioned...... Lead Concierge Jim Naseem ensured we were able to enjoy all the attractions we wanted to , his friendly nature made our group feel like old friends/returning guests. He leads a very helpful and friendly team. Thanks Jim.
Housekeeping staff Tara McCloud and Julie Q also made our stay a pleasure, ensuring we were happy and comfortable especially during the time we were stranded guests an asset to your staff. Ray (customer service) also made us feel very welcomed. I could not end without thanking Floridays for facilitating our additional 12 days stay. The pleasant re-welcome and attentiveness of front desk staff Dominic and Luis made a positive difference to how we were feeling when we could not travel on our initial date and requiring additional accomodation.
To anyone considering Floridays..I would definately recommed it. Location is good, shops nearby and the I-ride trolley and free shuttle services to the parks allowed us to get around easily and economically (as we chose not to hire a vehicile this trip)

Reviewed 29 April 2010

We stayed for two nights just after easter with a plan to hit disney for a day. We arrived early the first day and asked the concierge about tickets to Universal Studios since we had enough time to get one more park in. He was able to get us very cheap tickets with the option to hit both universal parks the same day. The rooms were HUGE and with 3 kids it was a must. They had there own room with a TV, there was also a huge Kitchen / Dining room and another Large master bedroom and bathroom. The room service was good and fast delivered by a security guard. about a 5 minute drive to all parks
Would recomend this for a family with kids.

Reviewed 28 April 2010

Stayed in a 3BR condo unit, very clean and comfortable. The resort has a lovely lobby and grounds. The pool is fun, has kiddie area with water features that the kids loved.

Overall this was a great value, very modern and comfortable. The only negative was that there was no real restaurant on site. There's a cafe by the pool but no room service, unless you order family-style portions on a limited menu.

Reviewed 27 April 2010

This is the third time we've stayed at the Floridays all times a combination of business and pleasure. For a family, you can't fault the value and convenience. As others have commented, the approximation to Publix, outlets, walgreens and I-Ride buses is hard to beat. When we first stayed at Floridays it was brand new. Since then, things are showing wear as you would expect and although we obviously like to resort having been there three times, there are some improvements that could be made. Here are my pro's and con's.
PRO
- location, location - great out of the fray of Disney yet easy to get everywhere. A car is a must though unless you are going to rely on shuttles and buses.
- pool(s) and facilities are very nice. Great for kids (our 4 year old LOVES their pool) a sandy area for play with buckets and shovels, hot tub, stocked towels, etc.
- rooms allow for either 2 or 3 bedroom, perfect for families - allows everyone to have their own space
- grounds are well kept and clean
- marketplace on site for quick items like coffee, cereal or sunscreen
- friendly and helpful guest services, everyone tries to be as accommodating as possible
- full kitchen is awesome for those that want to save a little money or just eat more healthfully. We got foods for breakfast and lunch right around the corner at the Publix and then ate dinners out. Carry out dinners are also nice shared on the room balcony.
- laundry is a very nice extra that is so helpful. You can pack less and come home without a lot of work to do. I did notice however, this trip that the machine in our room was not spinning well and the clothes were very wet after a full cycle. An equipment refresh is probably needed after so many years of hard use.

CONS
- housekeeping! It's not just a fluke, we've had poor housecleaning services every trip. You wouldn't think this would be that big of a deal, but when you come back from a day at the parks at 3:30 and the room has not been touched it is annoying. At these condo's you can expect towels to be refreshed, trash to be removed and beds to be made only. We expected that part, but hoped for more timely service
- noise - again, not a lot they can do about this, but I was awakened at 3am by the snoring coming from the room adjacent to ours! I almost couldn't believe it! Walls are thin and outside hallway noises are amplified by the breezeway design. Unfortunately, I've experienced this at many a hotel, not just Floridays.

All told, a great value, wonderful for families and a pleasant and convenient stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Great location... Next to Sea World, International Trolley, Publix, close to Disney and most important comfortable rooms and the main pool was amazing. My family and I really loved the place as well the Palm Restaurant the food was great... And special thank you to a young lady at the front desk reception named Yanita, she was very helpful with our question she gave us nice suggestions for our trip (great services) as well she help us with all our resort questions when we arrived, and little bit after we check in to our room she also call our room to make sure that all was great.Thanks to Yanita we had our vacation well planned.. We absolutely had a nice vacation in Orlando. Next time we definitely go back! Thank you Floridays!

Reviewed 26 April 2010

This was my 2nd trip to the Floridays (the first was in 2007). My experience the first time was outstanding which is why I returned there. I stayed in a 3 bedroom with my parents and my children (ages 6 & 8). I entered our room and instantly noticed that BOTH of the bathrooms were filthy!! There was a lot of urine at the base of the toilet and dead mosquitos on the floor. I called housekeeping and they immediately came out and properly cleaned up the rooms. They were friendly and appropriate. After this issue was resolved I had an enjoyable stay. I wish I didn't have to ask for them to clean the room properly, but the point is that they handeled the situation in a timely manner and to my satisfaction. Also, anytime I needed extra towels, detergent or even an extra hairdryer, the Floridays staff asked no questions and obliged my request. The service was outstanding, but I did not care to see urine all over both bathrooms.
The Floridays is in a great location to all the parks (we did both Disney and Universal), and there is a grocery store next door. My children enjoyed the pool and game room in the evenings. I am hesitant to return, as my experience was not as enjoyable, but overall it is a good hotel. It's also very pretty! The grounds are well kept.

Reviewed 22 April 2010

We were absolutely delighted with our stay at this resort. The 2 bedroom unit was extremely spacious and included all the amenities you might require in a condo-type accommodation. The pool area is expansive with many different sections making it appropriate for many different types of travellers. The hotel staff at the front desk, especially Dominic and Luis, were incredibly responsive and helpful. The service definitely exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend this resort to anyone travelling to the Orlando area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business