“Floridays - I love you!”
Review of Floridays Resort

Floridays Resort
Ranked #18 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Floridays - I love you!”
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Spent 14 days here last week in September and first week in October. Check in staff were lovely and we were directed to our 2 bedroomed apartment in Block B (4th Floor). The apartment was excellent, clean with two bathrooms (one ensuite) and a washer and drier as well as a very large fridge, cooker, microwave and dishwasher. Having stayed in several villa locations around Orlando as well as hotels I would rate Floridays as way up the top of the list. Excellent view of the main pool, which our grand daughter absolutely adored and enjoyed a few freshly prepared snacks at the pool side cafe as well as far too many long island iced teas at the bar.
Only down side was the wifi reception was very poor and I had to buy an ethernet cable to link into the port in our apartment. Once I had done this internet access was fast!
Beds were very soft but furnishings in main room were not really that comfortable, however I wasn't too put off by this (I could have stayed at home and watched TV!).
Will definately return to Floridays and big it up to everyone I know.
Had a hired tank (sorry GMC Arcadia) and not too happy about having to pay to park but I feel that as the resort is at the bottom end of I Drive its better to get around by car.

Thank whoateallthepies?

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,872)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ontario
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I just returned from Floridays resort it was my 3rd visit and must say they are keeping it maintained very well, They looked after us with all our requests We had 2 rooms booked a 2 and 3 bedroom suite they put us side by side which was great and even gave us the Building my daughter liked (you can watch Disney fireworks from balcony) in Building D backside. THe staff looking after D was top notch..I went to the quite pool one day and they were out of towels I called front desk and they came in under 10 mins very impressed. WE ordered from the Bar couple times food was very good. THe only problem we had there was my Dad fell, watch the sidewalk does not line up with the drop in the curb but the Hotel looked after Him with respect. I read some of the last posts and the security issue I can see people complaining there was fliers under our door every day Although I seen staff chasing them away telling them not to return. My only complaint and it happens @ every Hotel is meeting a guy in the elevator that paid (or said He did ) $90 a night while I paid aprox $140 I think the price should be same for everyone. So watch the booking places for your best price. Which I thought we had from the manager Himself. Can't wait to go back!!!5 mins from downtown Disney great place!!

1 Thank vanpete
Dublin
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Can't fault anything about this hotel. A truly amazing place. Absolutely spotless, super friendly staff, fantastic location, spacious. . . I could continue for days

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I have just spent two weeks at the Floridays Resort in Orlando with my friend and 11 year old daughter. The place was immaculate, our apartment was more like a hotel with all the extras, the staff were really lovely, very helpful and friendly especially the concierge who I would like to name Nelda and Michelle and lovely Ray on the frontdoor. So helpful and everyone made us feel so welcome. The resort is right on I Drive and the I Trolley stops right outside taking you to Sea World, Aquatica and Wet n Wild. A free shuttle bus also taking you to these resorts plus Universal and Epcot which suited us as we were non drivers. Even the service from the bus drivers was brilliant. I have never been to America before and did not want to leave. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 26 October 2010

Ok, we arrived late to the hotel. Everything closed at 11, which is not that different than the average hotel. But, I soon learned there was only ONE SINGLE SODA vending machine on the entire resort site. The dollar slot was broken, but here was the real kicker: the front desk could NOT give me change! I found myself getting annoyed too quickly so I had to relax and give it another chance in the morning. After all, when you take a family to Orlando your hotel stay is the least of your endeavors. We spent the majority of our time at the Disney parks anyway. On our second night, the concierge was recommending pizza delivery places that didn't even deliver to our hotel, so that was laughable. On other nights the concierge was helpful and fine. The toilet in the master bathroom made weird gurgling noises all night long--that was kind of annoying. The hotel boasts a "complimentary Disney shuttle" but (unless I missed this somewhere on the website) beware that the "free shuttle" has limited availability and it only has two scheduled departure times. In other words, it's not like you can call on the shuttle to take you to Disney whenever you feel like it. You must either take the 8:10 AM shuttle or the 10:45 AM shuttle. Furthermore, you MUST sign up at least 24 hours in advance or you will not get on the shuttle. The concierge said there were only 28 spots but when we boarded the next morning there were far more than 28 spots on the bus. Still, the "free Disney shuttle" is indeed free but you MUST sign up early and you only have two departure times to choose from. On our final day the staff was very helpful with storing our luggage so we could hang out in the pool for a while. Overall, for the value of the resort if you're looking for a place to sleep at night it's not a bad buy. If you are looking for ease and convenience, I'd look elsewhere.

miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed 25 October 2010

The room was spacious and clean. Extremely close distance to all major attractions such as Disney World and Sea World. Prime Outlet Mall is almost walking distance. The resort has a beautiful pool. I really recommend this hotel for anyone who is travelling with family. the rooms are fully equipped with a huge kitchen, dinning room and huge master bathroom.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Excellent hotel to stay at. The pictures and positive reviews does this hotel justice. I would definitely recommend the Floridays. A little pricey but definitely worth it. One suggestion would be to get a new bartender. Drinks are weak!! But otherwise great hotel for singles and families