“Fabulous holiday, gorgeous clean apartments, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Heron Beach Resort

Blue Heron Beach Resort
Ranked #72 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous holiday, gorgeous clean apartments, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

We loved every minute of our stay at the Blue Heron. The location is convenient, the apartments were very spacious for our family of 5, the balconies had a fantastic view. The shuttle service was convenient. There was also everything we could possibly need in the apartment including an ironing board and iron, a hair dryer, complementary washing powder, washing tabs for the dishwasher, plenty of towels. I found the bed very comfortable and there was plenty of storage space. Overall I would highly recommend the Blue Heron for the amenities of a villa stay with the convenience of a hotel reception attached.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Maffmich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and I went to Blue Heron Beach Resort for his birthday & we had a wonderful stay. The condo they gave us was beautiful & clean. There is a washer and dryer in every room,full kitchen & dinning room, two full large baths & the living room over looked the lake with a balcony. This hotel is close to everything that you may want to do. Bouns were the fireworks every night over Disney we could watch from our room.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Alfonso was a hotel employee there and he was amazing, he seen that my husband & I were waiting for the elevator and he got off the elevator and said "you are my guest please take the elevator, I will wait for the next one". If that's not great service I don't know what is. We will be back next year!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shona M
Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was hesitant to book here since there were some negative reviews concerning cleanliness. I called the hotel before booking and they assured me that if you book through the resort and not through one of the private owners looking to rent out their unit on their own, everything would be up to speed. Our room was perfect for our needs. It was a great value, had plenty of space for all 6 of us, and extremely quiet. What you don't get is someone coming in to make up your beds everyday and cleaning up after you. (Unless you pay for that service) We were ok with that because the resort was such a great value. We did run out of a few things, however all you need to do is stop at the front desk or call down there and they brought the supplies up immediately. Staff was super helpful and friendly. Will recommend to all my friends and family.

4 Thank Katie V
College Point, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

For the absolute first time in my five years of writing a multitude of hotel/resort reviews am I forced to write a scathing negative one about our five day stay at the Blue Heron Beach Resort.

Firstly, I found this place on eBay and, honestly, for around 90 dollars for a five day/four night stay, I adamantly felt I couldn’t go wrong. For this price you are obligated to attend a 90 minute timeshare presentation. My wife and I had no problem enduring one of these procedures because, on the computer, the views of this place looked so extravagant and breath-taking. Don’t get me wrong, the views are stunning and the two bedroom condo deluxe didn’t disappoint us tremendously. The problem we had was predominantly with the management of this place, or the lack thereof.

It all began before we were even able to check in. I called this place from the airport to get the physical address for my gps. I spoke to Stephanie and informed her we would be checking in for the first time and need to know precisely where to go. She gave me the Blue Heron’s address and within 30 minutes we arrived. We could have arrived sooner but the torrential downpour of rain caused us to drive very slowly. We walked into the lobby dripping wet and that is when she told us we would have to go to a different location to check in. Of course, we weren’t happy with this Strike One, but, nonetheless, we obtained the alternate address and grew even unhappier when she told us it was approximately 25 minutes away.

When we finally arrived at this new location we, again, walked into the lobby soaking wet. We were met by a very pleasant gentleman who spoke to us for a few moments and after realizing we were not listed in his computer as guests told me, “You didn’t even have to come all the way here. She could have taken care of you over there.” Strike Two. This gentleman then called Angela, at the first location, and relayed this sentiment to her. I thanked him for his utter honesty because I’m sure he wasn’t supposed to say this to us. Thirty minutes later, we were back to square one.

Upon returning to the Blue Heron, and soaked even more, I asked to speak to Angela. She wasn’t a manager so I politely asked to speak to one. She informed me that a manager would be conducting an “investigation” into this matter and apologized by saying it wasn’t her fault or Stephanie’s fault this happened. In fact, she emphasized it wasn’t anyone’s fault associated with the Blue Heron, although, she noted that the nice gentleman at the other place should not have been so forthcoming with me. I hope he didn’t get into trouble for merely speaking the truth. Before we checked into our unit I demanded that a manager call me regarding this overt employee ineptitude. Angela promised that one would be calling me back and I provided her with my cellular phone number.

Overall, we were pretty happy with the looks of the unit. We were in the first tower and had gorgeous views of our surroundings. The various beds were very comfortable and the entire unit was spacious. The washer and dryer inside our unit proved to be convenient and the fact the hotel provided free laundry detergent was an ancillary convenience. The water pressure in the showers was strong and we never had a problem getting hot water. The pool was beautiful and it was obviously well maintained since it perpetually remained clean. There was plenty of parking right near the elevator too. Essentially, this unit is conveniently equipped with everything you’d need during your stay. I also think this place is in a fabulous location since there are so many food places around.

Now, time for Strike Three. After the rain stopped we went over to Dollar Tree, which is so close to the property. When we returned to the room I saw there was a message on the phone. It was from John who asked me to call him back. The first thing I asked him was if he was a manager. He beated around the bush and tried not to directly answer me by apologizing profusely and repeatedly. So, I again asked him if he was a manager. He then reluctantly informed me that he works in the reservations department. It turns out that there is no manager on staff, even at 4, 4:30, or at 5 o’clock in the afternoon during the week. Therefore, no manager would be conducting any type of “investigation” as Angela earlier informed me. But, John said, before we would take our timeshare tour on Friday, we would be treated to a Continental breakfast by the resort. That actually made me feel a little better.

Guess what? When Friday came around we were disconcerted to learn how our Continental breakfast consisted of apples, bananas and some Dunkin Donuts. The basic concept of a timeshare company is to woo potential purchasers. If a visitor is happy, then he’d be more enticed to spend the money, right? For reasons unbeknownst, Blue Heron is engaged in the contrary. It is quite apparent how they aren’t selling timeshares with this moronic ideology.

Moreover, when I finally did get to speak to “someone in charge” on the day of our timeshare tour, he provided a plethora of excuses for his employees’ incompetence and absolutely refused to accept a scintilla of responsibility. He blamed everyone from the previous owners of Blue Heron to some phantom company that books these timeshare tours.

Now, for some additional STRIKES. The bedspread was visibly dirty and had one large hole in it. Housekeeping does a horrible job and it shows by the dirt on the floors. No WiFi. They had the “old” ethernet connection and the cord was only located in the kitchen area. How inconvenient this is. There were 3 old televisions in a 2 bedroom deluxe. Hello, this is 2012! Where are the flat screens? And lastly, for a family resort, there are absolutely no activities to partake in. Not one! At least, the staff admits to this clarion deficiency.

In the end, I have a personal belief that I live by. When the customer comes first, the customer will last. Because the Blue Heron Beach Resort made it quite obvious how my family and I are completely inconsequential and meaningless to them, well then, we won’t be returning to this place ever again. Good riddance. We’d rather spend our money at an establishment that fosters appreciation for its guests and values each and every guest.

Room Tip: Good room? Please select another resort!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank ShockinSean
BHBR-Manager, General Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
We are truly sorry that we did not meet this guest’s expectations and that he encountered numerous challenges during his stay with us. Please be assured that we will adjust any necessary procedures and further implement necessary training.

The Resort Manager attempted to contact this guest to personally talk with him upon receipt of his comments but the guest declined. He adamantly insisted that he did not leave these comments.

We are committed to continuous improvement and delivering the best experience possible and your comments assist us in these efforts.

Once again, we extend our sincere apology .
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Booked into the Sunrise Suite overlooking the lake. Great views from 15th floor. Quiet, very comfortable and spacious. Super furnishings and fittings. Clean and tidy. Wonderful jacuzzi bath tub. Would stay here again.

2 Thank MeRaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I'm very fussy about accommodation away from home, so much so I would even strip beds, inspect bath,shower etc & all storage space. No need to fuss @Blue Heron Beach Resort. Firstly amazed at the space, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms,large open plan kitchen, dining & living area. We had balcony out of living area & 1 from our bedroom, both overlooking Lake Bryan - so beautiful to wake up to the view over it & all the boating & water sport activities everyday. Staff on reception were mannerly, informative & pleasant (answering any questions with a smile). As for a lady called Renae on the Expedia desk - well a real lady & a tonic to brighten up your day. She too was very knowledgeable on places to go to & best parks, shows etc to visit. It was her job but she made it more than that. I also have to say the taxi driver we were recommended by the resort, Omar & his team were excellent & all gentlemen with Omar being exceptionally the true gent. We have come home having packed in the most we could (our family of girls,including a neice ranged from age 4-22) & thoroughly enjoyed were we stayed, made new friends & picked a great location opposite Downtown Disney area. Brochure got already,might try more direct flight next time (we'd flown with United Airlines, Belfast-Newark-Orlando). Can't wait to go back, best holiday ever.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Needsun27
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

The Blue Heron Beach Resort is in a great location for the Disney, Universal & Seaworld parks, the complimentary shuttle service is brilliant, you need to book which shuttle you require the night before with a member of staff at The Blue Heron to ensure you will be allocated a place & picked up, but this is not a problem as when using the parks you really need to plan which ones you plan to use, for instance the Disney shuttle is a large bus that goes to the transportation center which has buses serving all the Disney parks (the Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach water parks) are reached by taking a bus to a Disney resort hotel & then taking a bus to one of the water parks, at first it is a bit confusing but the bus drivers are very helpful as are the staff at The Blue Heron, the other shuttle service for both Universal & Seaworld are operated by a smaller bus but again it is well organised, you just need to decide the time you require picking up, staff will give you a copy of the timetable that is operational at the time of year you are there. I have gone into detail a bit about the shuttle service because I feel this an important point when choosing this property if you are going to be using the parks & no other reviewers seem to have detailed this service.
The staff at the Blue Heron are fantastic, they are incredibly helpful & nothing was to much trouble for them, they are very knowledgable about the services available, the parks & the area surrounding The Blue Heron. There is complimentary coffee & copies of USA Today newspaper in the reception area.
The two bedroom apartment in tower 2, on the fourth floor myself & my family stayed in was very spacious, clean, the beds were incredibly comfortable (plenty of bed linen), two bathrooms (plenty of towels), washing machine & a seperate dryer (very useful, especially if you have children) a full kitchen, dining area, 3 tv sets, 2 balconies (the back balcony has the most amazing views of both the swimming pool & Lake Bryan) the front balcony has views of the volcano at the mini golf course next door, which is a great feature especially when it erupts & downtown Disney & the iconic Epcot globe is visible in the distance.
The main swimming pool at The Blue Heron is fantastic & is open to 11pm (useful when getting back from a long day at the parks), also there is few small pools & a hot tub, a tiki bar & a couple of fitness rooms.
Surrounding The Blue Heron & in easy walking distance there is a Dollar Tree store (handy & cheap, with branded goods) Dunkin Donuts, CiCi's pizza, Starbuck's, Applebee's (fantastic value, I use these whenever I visit the USA, I love their chicken wonton's & their frozen margarita's & the breakfast buffet is great value at $11.99 for adults & $6.99 for children) oh & the chocolate chip cookie sundae's...O.M.G!!!) 7Eleven is also handy, There is a Santa Fe restaurant which also serves great food & their frozen margarita's are great too & this is also good value, there is a large 24 hour Walgreen's pharmacy, a Wendy's & a Chick-fil-A & a short cab ride away there are plenty of other restaurants.
Mary Queen of the Universe R.C Church (basilica) is amazing & well worth visiting regardless of your religious beliefs, my family & I walked from The Blue Heron to attend mass, it is a nice walk & next to the church is the large Orlando Premium Outlet Mall, which has to many designers to name (check out their website) & it also has a great food hall.
I would & will recommend The Blue Heron to anybody who is planning a trip to Orlando & I will stay their when I next visit the area, thanks once again to all the lovely staff at The Blue Heron!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family