“"We already have our next trip planned!"”

Blue Heron Beach Resort
Ranked #79 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Before arriving at the Blue Heron Beach Resort we had spent 4 days in Tampa at a "mediocre" all suites resort. When we opened the door to our suite here, I was speechless! This resort has everything you want or need when you are away from home. The size of our suite was perfect for our family of five. We stayed in the "family suite". I loved the washer and dryer and being able to come home with suitcases full of clean clothes. The suite was impeccably clean, and you could tell they take care of the property. The staff was top-notch and gave us menus for nearby chinese delivery and were available during our early morning check out. I spent hours upon hours researching our trip to Florida and it was worth it! We did have a minor issue with the jacuzzi tub turning off due to the breaker box, but as soon as I called the front desk I was greeted by name and maintenance came promptly to fix the issue. The same issue happened again, but I didn't call a second time. If I has to leave on tip for management .............................. install a lock on the bedroom door.......... you know.......... for a little privacy from the kids. I am still 100% satisfied with this place and we will be back in May!

We stayed over Thanksgiving (2012) and since I dont get paid to write reviews it took me a little while to get around to it............but......................I wanted to share my excellent experience with my fellow Trip Advisor members.

P.S. If you are trying to decide between a small cramped hotel "ROOM" on a theme parks property or off, you will be happy to come back to a entire "SUITE" at the Blue Heron Beach Resort!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,350)

Reviewed 24 March 2013

For 4 days last week, my husband and I recently (again) stayed at the Blue Heron, and, as usual, our stay was - hands down - WONDERFUL!! As I said in my last review of Blue Heron - it's hard to describe perfection! This is and has been for many years our favorite place to stay in the Orlando area; it would be very difficult (if not impossible) to think of another similar lodging so centrally located to the Kissimmee/Disney/Orlando area with all the marvelous amenities and add-ons that are provided at the Blue Heron for more than reasonable prices - and we're speaking from experience since my husband and I have stayed at, at least, 25 other properties in the Orlando area over the years. Just the VIEW alone from the suites at Blue Heron (especially of the Disney parks/fireworks, and beautiful sunrises over Lake Bryan) is spectacular! The rooms are unbelievably spacious, beautifully decorated, well-maintained, and very clean; and everything that guests may need is provided (including a full kitchen, pots/pans, dishes, utensils, washer/dryer, etc.) to create a true home-away-from-home environment. Outdoors, the huge, beautifully landscaped pool area has a over-sized, heated pool, two smaller pools (for kids) and a hot tub; and, there's also a large dock/riverwalk area with a gazebo that's perfect for enjoying the lake view and cool breezes in the late afternoon/evening. Above all, though, and what goes even beyond the superb hotel itself is the staff of Blue Heron (kudos this time to Tyler, Stefanie, Bernisha, Dave, George, and Angela); they always do their very best to see that their guests needs are met. My husband and I truly cherish our stays at Blue Heron (we consider ourselves very lucky for having found such a true gem!) and we're always anxious to return!! We would HIGHLY recommend the Blue Heron Beach Resort to ANYONE wishing to visit the Orlando/Disney area! OH, and PS - BE SURE TO EAT AT THE CICI's PIZZA LOCATED JUST NEXT TO THE BLUE HERON - great pizza, great buffet, great prices (discount given for Blue Heron guests)!

Room Tip: For Disney fireworks and a FABULOUS view of the WDW parks from your room, book a DIsney suite on any...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ID2734
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience to other travelers who are wanting to make a reservation at the Blue Heron Beach Resort. Your review is greatly appreciated and well stated. I am glad you enjoyed everything that we have to offer and do hope we will see you back again soon.
The Management and Staff at The Blue Heron Beach Resort

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We just returned home after a 2 week stay in Lake Buena Vista. To say we were impressed with our accommodations would be a SERIOUS slap in the face to the management. I have never in my life been so happy with lodgings as I have with the Blue Heron. We enjoyed a 2 bedroom 2 bath deluxe suite on the 14th floor of Tower 1 and I honestly cannot think of 1 bad thing to say about our entire stay. The suite itself is massive and was immaculate, the pool and grounds were beautiful, the kingsize bed = heaven!! If you want low cost fun the Hawaiian Rumble Mini Golf was a blast! I loved having 2 balconies because as soon as the sun would move, so would I...I was never without sunshine. Being able to watch the fireworks from balcony as well was phenomenal. While I would love to say "Oh no its horrible stay away" (to keep this gem to myself), I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone and everyone. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sharon S

Thank you for choosing the Blue Heron Beach Resort on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Orlando . Your feedback is very important to our efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can, and letters like yours make it all worthwhile. I've shared your comments with all of our staff, and I know they take compliments like yours as seriously as I did.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

My wife was searching on the internet and came across Blue Heron. First, search showed no units available for our March Spring Break Week. She did some more connecting and we got a room !!!! We wanted a corner room to see the lake and the fireworks over EPCOT in the evening.

This was NOT a room but truely a full blown house !!! It was PERFECT for us. I took both my "20 something" daughters for a "Daddy/Daughter"Spring Break weekend. We were on the ninth floor we had both wonderfull sunrises and sunsets. The unit was clean and well furnished with all the amenities that a family needs. Pleanty of space for a 6 people and a spacious kitchen/dining/lounge area over looking the lake. One of my daughters just sent me a "sad" face and the text, "Wish we were back on the balcony at Blue Heron". This property is a great value for a family that wants to be near Disney and is easily accessable from the airport.

Room Tip: Get one of the end units -- it is worth the extra money. Next time we will prefer Tower 1. Tower...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TuscanyHorizon

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

My mother stayed here for 2 months on business. My family came to visit for a few days. I thought the location as well as the service was excellent. My children enjoyed the pool and the grounds were beautiful. My mother enjoyed her entire stay and recently went back on vacation. I personally think it is an amazing value. The condo-like atmosphere was relaxing. I would love to stay for a few weeks some time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SandyB34
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Blue Heron for the second time. The resort was as clean and well maintained as it was the first time 3 years ago.

The Blue Heron in located just a very short distance from the entrance to the Downtown Disney hotel row, at the south east corner of the Disney property.
The resort features two high rise towers with very high end condo units, ranging from 1br to 3br unit.

This trip we stayed in a 2br deluxe unit which features both a quieter room, since you are an end room with no one to one side, as well as balconies on both ends of the unit on the living room facing Sea World and Universal, and master bedroom which faces the Disney parks. The fireworks from the Magic Kingdom are vissible in the distance, as well as Epcot.

The Master suit is large with a king bed, and has a whirlpool tub. The second bedroom shares a bath with the common area, and has two twin beds. There is an alcove area with a bunk bed for younger more flexible guests than my wife and I.

The kitchen has full size refrigerators/freezer, range and microwave, as well as all the needed small apliances. Granite counters a full set of dishes and pots finish off the area with all you need for your stay.

The Living Room / Dinning Room combo features a sleeper sofa as well as a love seat, and a glass table that seats 6. Two more dinners can be seated at the kitchen breakfast bar adjoining the dinning room.

A 32"? flat screen tv is in the living room, with a DVD player for your movies you bring or rent from the resort kiosc. The second bedroom has a small 19"? tv and the master has a 26"? flat screen with a second DVD player.

Each tower has an open air parking garage below the units, and you can park covered or un-covered based on availability. Security to your unit is very good, as you must have a room key to activate the elevators to reach the guest rooms. In addition you have standard digital locks on your door with chain bolts.

The bar at the pool serves good food and drinks of all types, and there is a large pool and hot tub located behind the towers, as well as an exercise room at the garage level of the towers.

Staff was very friendly, and the one problem we had with the room was corrected within one hour of my call to the front desk.

I look forward to future visits to the Blue Heron, as we spend our time share week up in Daytona Beach, and then several days at the Blue Heron to take our grandkids to Disney.

Room Tip: Deluxe 2Br units are located on the ends, and do not have a neighbor on one side. Also have bay win...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank s1mcgoo1

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

My family of six stayed there for a week during spring break. Like all the other reviews it's definitely a 3 star. But for your money who cares. We were only in the hotel to sleep since we stayed at the parks all day. I have no real complaints at all. Parking was kind of tight though. We had rented a full size van and driving it through the parking garage was an adventure. The staff was nice and greeted us with a smile when we arrived. The room and the grounds were clean. The location aside from actually staying in a disney location was really close. About 10-15 from the disney parks. Also one more negative was traffic. That at times was a little frustrating. It seemed all the cars in Orlando drove on that road all day.

• Stayed: March 2013