“Great holiday at the blue heron”

Blue Heron Beach Resort
Ranked #79 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This was my 20th visit to orlando and my new wifes first, I have never been to the blue heron beach resort but it wont be my last, I have driven past it many times and when we got to stay their we were not disappointed, our stay was for 14 night and we were on the 14th floor in a one bedroom apartment, what fantastic view at the rear over lake bryan and at the front all of down town Disney, we watched the fireworks on several occasions. Apartment was roomy and very clean, both bathrooms were spotless, and the master bedroom had a massive king-size bed, also the kitchen was very clean and all the appliances worked well, the granite work surfaces were clean and unmarked or chipped, all in all first class.

To sum it up, we were very impressed, the reception staff were extremely helpful and when the apartment was cleaned during the stay the place was left immaculate. The only small problem we had was with the wifi, i did talk to reception and the handy man came and fitted a new router, they do do have a small problem with the wifi here, its not the staffs fault and a day before we left an engineer was on site from the provider working on a solution, this did not impact on our holiday, we will return, thank you blue heron we had a great time x

Room Tip: ask for a room above the 10th floor as you will get the very best views
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HarryHHarrie
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. Thank you so much for mentioning how positive your experience was at The Blue Heron. I am sorry you experienced internet issues. We are encountering problems with the internet and hopefully will be able to resolve them in the near future. Thank you for your understanding.

We look forward to your return the next time your travels bring you back to Orlando.

The Management and Staff at The Blue Heron Beach Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (2,351)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights (December 2-6, 2013). The Blue Heron had everything we were looking for at a great price. Our Unit was on the first floor but is actually about 3 stories above the pool with great views of the pool and lake. We used the free shuttle once; make sure you leave plenty of time to get to the shuttle at the end of the day as it can be a bit of a trek. The unit was furnished nicely with lots of towels and all the necessities in the kitchen. Fireworks can be viewed from the upper floors at the front balcony in the elevator lobbies, very neat. If you run out of dish soap, coffee, laundry detergent refills are available for free from he front desk. If we vacation again in the Orlando area I would definitely book this place again and recommend it to friends and family. Wifi as mentioned in other reviews was my only complaint, although it did work fine in the lobby and by the pool.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ml06ok
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience to other travelers who are wanting to make a reservation at the Blue Heron Beach Resort. Your review is greatly appreciated and well stated. I am glad you enjoyed everything that we have to offer and do hope we will see you back again soon.

I am sorry regarding the internet issues you had. The internet was not working properly at the time of your stay. It appears that a guest or owner has plugged a wireless router incorrectly into the resort network. This causes all of the internet traffic to be funneled through that "Rogue" router. So basically, the only one with internet connectivity is the individual who has the rogue router. It is extremely difficult to track down the location of the router and correct the issue. We hope to have the internet issues corrected in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Big plans for the weekend - Thanksgiving and my sister's Wedding. We had heard the Blue Heron was great and expected good things. BUT... it started when I called to get early check-in, sure no problem I was told. However, when our family got there Wednesday at 4 (the normal check-in time) the room was not ready and we had to wait about 30 minutes - not good after an 11 hr drive - we were exhausted. Our multi-family party had about 10+ suites reserved for the weekend and were promised to be on the same floor or same floors. We were spread all over the complex in both towers. The one bedroom suite, pier and pool area were great. Negative Notes: Even cheap hotels have Internet - they promised Internet but it was broken all weekend - you are a service industry so get someone in to fix it. Friday, I had a bad fall and was hurt - the hand rail to the hot tub was broken and I flipped over it, bruised my left arm and side plus skinned my right leg and foot badly. A repair man came and fixed the hand rail immediately but when I told the front desk they did not say sorry, here's a bandaid or anything. My mom said I should sue but we are not the sueing kind of people. My sister's Wedding went fantastically on Saturday. I am grateful that the Blue Heron did refund our Sunday night stay which they do not usually do because we got called home early Sunday on a medical emergency. Honestly, I am not sure whether I would stay at the Blue Heron again or not.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bjorgen924

Thank you for your comments. I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I will surely share your notes with my staff this morning, and will ensure all concerns have been addressed. Our guest feedback is usually very good, and my staff and I take all guest comments to heart.
I do apologize on the rooms being scattered and a late check-in. Often times we do try to block a group together but due to owners coming in, late check-outs and extended stays it can create a problem where doing so is impossible. Our units are individually owned and often times due to owners rotation we encounter the above issues.

I also want to apologize on behalf of the agent who showed a lack of compassion. We are dedicated to ensuring all of our guests have a great experience with us, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We have stayed here twice and will probably stay again. We would make this our "always" place if there wasn't a daily resort fee that doesn't seem to add much value, but takes from the wallet.

The 2 bed condos are wonderfully spacious, the 1 bedroom not as much, but still WAY MORE room than a standard hotel. The furniture is basic, beds are comfy, nice size kitchen, but bake ware needs some additions/updates - no sheet pan so I asked about it and did get one about 45 - 60 minutes later - and tvs need to be updated. First time we stayed there were about 10 minor things I had to let the desk know about, light bulb out, clock not working, rca cords missing from dvd player to tv, loose back on dining room chair, etc. Just little things, but if we were going to stay for a few days, we might as well not be annoyed. All things were taken care of. All the staff that we encountered were very pleasant. The pools were nice, lakeview and natural setting are nice as well. We've stayed on 10th floor twice and love that we can see fireworks outside our front door, then go to our balcony and see the natural surround of the lake and trees.

As usual I would suggest to all staff of ALL lodgings (not just Blue Heron) that THEY should be catching any type of fixes/upgrades that need to be done by doing regular walk-throughs... checking lights, looking at the furniture and the floors, doing smell tests, sitting on furniture, listening to hums and knocks, etc. If you expect your guest to report these things to you, then you should be paying them with a discount, because guests should be enjoying what they are paying for, not maintaining it... :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

I was concerned to hear about your experience with your guest room, because it indicates a lack of attention to detail on the part of our maintenance staff. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on their behalf. Your comments have been discussed, and our team is doing a round of preventative maintenance to address that problem in the future. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that w

Your nightly room rate does not include our mandatory resort fee. For your convenience this rate covers the costs associated with a bundle of extras including 1) complimentary shuttle service to Epcot's Ticket and Transportation Center and Seaworld 2) free parking, 3) free internet in the suites 4) free local calls, 5) access to the fitness centers, 6) free incoming and outgoing faxes, and 7) free newspapers in the lobby. Also available are a limited number of safety deposit boxes.

We do hope you will consider making us "your always place".
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Booked a two bedroom suite for our Thanksgiving vacation (nine nights.) Since this was our second time staying, I anticipated our trip to be perfect. The condo was lovely and gave us the room we needed for the seven of us. Kitchen had what we needed and was large enough for a couple of us to work there together. Nice size frig. Loved the two balconies. The kids did take a dip in the pool but the daytime temperature did not get it warm enough. Hot tub was perfect. The down side: internet service was terrible (even by the pool which was the location published in the information brochure) and so was the water pressure. We stayed in tower 2 and we could not shower (or wash clothes) and flush the toilet at the same time. Defeated the purpose getting a two bedroom/two bath condo. Very difficult getting all seven of us ready in the morning. Initially, I thought I would tough it out and make the best of scheduling everything around the water issue but by the end of the week, I was tired of adjusting. We were at the parks most of the day so there wasn't a lot of extra time to adjust around. The first stay we had there must have been in tower 1 because we did not experience any of this problem then-but it was only for a weekend so maybe it didn't come to my attention then. Love the location and the condo but not sure I will want to stay there again until I know they have resolved the water pressure issue.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

We are deeply disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to our usually high standards

The internet is not working properly at the moment. It appears that a guest or owner has plugged a wireless router incorrectly into the resort network. This causes all of the internet traffic to be funneled through that "Rogue" router. So basically, the only one with internet connectivity is the individual who has the rogue router. It is extremely difficult to track down the location of the router and correct the issue. We have contacted the internet service provider who finally sent a tech onsite last night, but he was unable to find the issue. We are awaiting the arrival of a more senior service tech to see if he can find and correct the issue.

We have addressed the water pressure issues with the HOA who manages the exterior of the building. It seems that when we are full we experience this issue in the higher floors due to many guests getting ready at the same time for the theme parks. We are sorry for this inconvenience and do hope if you come back the situation will be corrected.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend. We got the 14th. floor with lake view facing the East. If you want to catch any of the Disney parks fireworks you need to be facing West or go the balcony outside of the unit. The view was amazing. The unit we stayed was a one bedroom suite and it was very spacious, perfect for families of 2, 4 or 6 people. There was not restaurant on the property but the unit has a fully equipped kitchen. You are 5 minutes away from Disney, 15 min away from Universal or Sea World. They have a guest services desk ran by Expedia at the lobby where you can find all the attraction tickets and more. Front desk was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: High Floor, facing the east (lake) for a great view of the sunrise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

It was fantastic to have you stay with us at The Blue Heron Beach Resort. Thank you for mentioning how wonderful your experience was. We look forward to your return visit.

The Management and Staff at The Blue Heron Beach Resort

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I am also ID273 and completing this on mobile. My husband and I just returned from another stay at Blue Heron and, as always, we had a wonderful time! We've been frequent guests at BHBR for years because, in all honesty, there is NO OTHER hotel/resort in the Lake Buena Vista area that even comes close to its' value and perfection. From the spacious, well-maintained, beautiful suites, to the oversized pools, to the SPECTACULAR VIEWS of Disney/Lake Bryan, it CANNOT be beat! Also, their extremely helpful, friendly staff is icing on the cake (special thanks to Tyler, Angela, Avery, and Kate!). We would absolutely recommend BHBR to anyone - families, couples, young and old - looking
for that perfect place to stay in the LBV/Disney area, at any time of the year! BHBR, thank you, and we'll see you in March!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. The staff certainly appreciates it !

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Orlando.