Our 5 night stay at the Blue Heron was great! We would highly recommend this place! It was because of the help of one of the condo owners, Dave, who not only went out of his way to answer all my silly questions concerning the resort and Orlando, but was very informative and pleasant to deal with. We originally were going to rent his suite, but because of the availability of the suite didn’t allow for us to book another day earlier (as it was already booked), he still assisted me in getting through the booking process for another suite. What a great guy to help! Very detailed oriented too ;) Thanks DAVE!
We visited the resort in November to attend a soccer tournament for my son. When booking, I was worried as to what kind of condo suite we would get (since Dave’s condo was already taken for our time period). I put in a request to be placed in bldg.. one with the great view of the lake and pool and to be placed in a higher floor level. It doesn’t hurt to ask;) We would not know what our condo suite is until we actually checked-in… Realizing we would arrive late to the resort, I called to let them know (spoke with Jay I think), and they were understanding and gave no problems. We arrived very very late (around 2 a.m.) and were greeted by a pleasant staff member (Suzanne?). She already had us (paperwork, room keys) logged as arriving late and had our keys ready and waiting for us! And to our surprise we were given the 12th floor in bldg.. one overlooking lake Bryan and the pool. Our boys couldn’t wait to see the suite’s view! (even at 2a.m.)
The suite was great! Just like an apartment. Cooking dinners in the kitchen was friendly on the pocket..(they had most of the stuff you would need in the kitchen). The washing machine was a life saver too! The view was beautiful! Especially in the mornings and evenings…
During our stay there it seems every staff member we encountered were pleasant to us. Some went the extra steps to recommend places to visit that didn’t require the whole day and money wise at Disney. The staffs are a credit to the resort!
The only gripes would be:
the lack of cushioning on the sofa bed and bunk beds… of course as time goes on many visitors have blessed the usage of them . Just wish it wasn’t so hard to sleep on and had a bit more cushion.
Not enough trash bags, clean linen / extra blankets for those sleeping on the sofa bed (there were dead bugs in the one blanket that seems it was used to death :). We had to use our beach towels and buy extra blankets. It didn't help that it was cold that week in Florida too.
And trying to find the luggage trolley was at most a mystery. Having to go up and down the elevator with all the luggage for a family of 6 was time consuming. But we managed
With Mother nature being temperamental… We couldn’t enjoy the great looking pool as the weather during our stay decided to be one of Florida’s coldest… Just our luck huh ;) To make the most of it our boys tried out the hot tub and didn’t want to come out. The location was GREAT to where our event was (ESPN WWC), Disney and close to shopping areas, restaurants, etc. Even Starbucks and CiCi’s pizza was in front of the condo!
We hope to return again and pray the weather is better as well ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Heron Beach Resort, a lakefront resort featuring one- and two-bedroom, condominium-style suites is just one mile from the entrance to the Walt Disney World and located just off Interstate 4 at exit 68. In addition to our immediate proximity to Disney World, we are also just four miles from SeaWorld and their new water park, Aquatica. Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are eight short miles north on Interstate 4. The Premium Outlet Mall, just one mile from our front door offers discounted merchandise from some of the world’s most recognizable names. We are in the midst of Lake Buena Vista, the primary tourist area where you’ll find hundreds of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues.The Blue Heron Beach Resort offers one- and two-bedroom suites with living room and patio overlooking the resort pools and Lake Bryan. Each suite also has a full kitchen, dining area and two full baths. In-suite amenities include flat screen TVs with DVD players, high speed internet, washer and dryer and Jacuzzi-jetted tub in the master bath. Resort amenities include two heated pools, a kid’s pool, an outdoor hot tub, fitness center, game room, access to the miniature golf course adjacent to the hotel, and water sports available from our own docks on Lake Bryan. Services include a complimentary shuttle to the major theme parks. Parking is free. Our full service concierge can help you with car rental, attraction tickets and/or restaurant reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Heron Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Heron Beach Hotel Orlando
- Blue Heron Beach Resort Orlando, Florida