We picked this location based on cost and reviews - first impression of the property was that it was tired and in need of exterior maintenance.
We stayed in 1601 - I was ok with the unit and my wife felt the décor was just rights. The long hallway leading to the kitchen and living room area seamed awkward but we adjusted. during a quick "inspection" of the suite I noticed some black mold spores in the shower area of the master bathroom, then onto the kitchen area and moved the cutting board and knife rack to discover a gooey type substance on the knives and block as well as under the cutting board. A complete clean up of the kitchen area was in order - again not a major deal. Also the bathrooms only had about a 1/2 a roll of toilet paper each - I went to the front desk and requested additional rolls since it was 6 people in the unit. We discovered supplies are available for a cost, I am glad I didn't inform the front desk of what room I was in.
Unfortunately we visited Orlando as a cold time of the year so could not enjoy the amenities of the facilities but did have a look at them... Pool was nice - I noticed a worker early one morning walking around the perimeter of the pool spraying something along the edge from a large pump type bottle... not sure what this was but figured it was pool maintenance.
We requested an upper floor since we have a 4 y/o and wanted to be able to see the fireworks from the balcony. The first night we heard bangs and ran to the windows. It would have been nice to be told when to look for fireworks so the little one could watch the complete show.
Overall - ok resort, Highway out front was always busy... drove to Cross Roads for Dinner at UNO on our last night - short trip took 25 minutes,,,
would consider a return visit it the price was acceptable. This is certainly not 5 star Hilton and we were not expecting that...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Heron Beach Resort, a lakefront resort featuring one- and two-bedroom, condominium-style suites is just one mile from the entrance to the Walt Disney World and located just off Interstate 4 at exit 68. In addition to our immediate proximity to Disney World, we are also just four miles from SeaWorld and their new water park, Aquatica. Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are eight short miles north on Interstate 4. The Premium Outlet Mall, just one mile from our front door offers discounted merchandise from some of the world’s most recognizable names. We are in the midst of Lake Buena Vista, the primary tourist area where you’ll find hundreds of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues.The Blue Heron Beach Resort offers one- and two-bedroom suites with living room and patio overlooking the resort pools and Lake Bryan. Each suite also has a full kitchen, dining area and two full baths. In-suite amenities include flat screen TVs with DVD players, high speed internet, washer and dryer and Jacuzzi-jetted tub in the master bath. Resort amenities include two heated pools, a kid’s pool, an outdoor hot tub, fitness center, game room, access to the miniature golf course adjacent to the hotel, and water sports available from our own docks on Lake Bryan. Services include a complimentary shuttle to the major theme parks. Parking is free. Our full service concierge can help you with car rental, attraction tickets and/or restaurant reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Heron Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Heron Beach Hotel Orlando
- Blue Heron Beach Resort Orlando, Florida