“Quick stay”

Ranked #79 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
LaSalle, Canada
“Quick stay”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed for 3 nights. It was nice, clean and the room we stayed in was quite large. 4 adults and 1 child with room for 2 more. It is really close to all attractions. Everyone was very friendly. We didn't use any amenities while there but the pool looked nice and we checked out the work out room, it was small but enough. We thought the kids game room was very small and didn't bother bringing our son down. We saw the fireworks at Disney from outside our room balcony and the view over the lake from the room balcony was beautiful. The walkway down by the lake looked nice but again didn't actually go down. To busy going out to attractions and too tired when we got back. We are going to be looking to stay here again if we are back in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor so you can see the fireworks every night.
3 Thank NaomiV80
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. Thank you so much for mentioning how positive your experience was at The Blue Heron Thank you so much for the recommendation, we look forward to your return.

The Staff and Management at The Blue Heron Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed at the Blue Heron for 11 nights. The appartment was ok even there was a lack of maintenance. Internet connection was slow and with intermitent failures. The elevators were out of order most of days, from 3 elevators in Tower II just 1 worked fine.

3 Thank SergioStivala
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed. I was concerned to hear about your experience with your guest room, because it indicates a lack of attention to detail on the part of our maintenance staff. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on their behalf. . I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.
I have passed along your comments to The HOA regarding the elevators. I apologize on their behalf that only one was working in tower two.
I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We picked this location based on cost and reviews - first impression of the property was that it was tired and in need of exterior maintenance.
We stayed in 1601 - I was ok with the unit and my wife felt the décor was just rights. The long hallway leading to the kitchen and living room area seamed awkward but we adjusted. during a quick "inspection" of the suite I noticed some black mold spores in the shower area of the master bathroom, then onto the kitchen area and moved the cutting board and knife rack to discover a gooey type substance on the knives and block as well as under the cutting board. A complete clean up of the kitchen area was in order - again not a major deal. Also the bathrooms only had about a 1/2 a roll of toilet paper each - I went to the front desk and requested additional rolls since it was 6 people in the unit. We discovered supplies are available for a cost, I am glad I didn't inform the front desk of what room I was in.
Unfortunately we visited Orlando as a cold time of the year so could not enjoy the amenities of the facilities but did have a look at them... Pool was nice - I noticed a worker early one morning walking around the perimeter of the pool spraying something along the edge from a large pump type bottle... not sure what this was but figured it was pool maintenance.
We requested an upper floor since we have a 4 y/o and wanted to be able to see the fireworks from the balcony. The first night we heard bangs and ran to the windows. It would have been nice to be told when to look for fireworks so the little one could watch the complete show.

Overall - ok resort, Highway out front was always busy... drove to Cross Roads for Dinner at UNO on our last night - short trip took 25 minutes,,,
would consider a return visit it the price was acceptable. This is certainly not 5 star Hilton and we were not expecting that...

Room Tip: Request upper floor - view of Epcot and Disney fireworks.
2 Thank Marc L
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the cleanliness of your guest room. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed this topic with the housekeeper who cleaned the room before your arrival, and the Supervisor who should have double-checked the room, and given the room an additional preventative maintenance cleaning. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern.I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it.
Our suites are furnished wit a starter kit of small bath amenities (shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion, Kleenex and toilet tissue) and small box of laundry detergent. Since we do not offer daily housekeeping, these items are not replenished during your stay. We also provide a small starter kit of amenities for your kitchen, including dish washing soap, a roll of paper towels, and a dishwashing cloth. These items are not replenished during your stay.
If asked we will replenish them.
I have spoken to The Guest Services Manager and I do agree we can mention the time of fireworks upon check-in. Thank you for the suggestion.
I am sorry the weather was unseasonably cool while you were her. It is a shame you could not enjoy the amenities offered.
We do hope you will consider us in the future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed at the blue heron for 10 nights. Was great. Though the weather was 'cold' for orlando it was great.went into the pool and spa several times. Also used the fitness centre. Though small and basic did the job. Didnt hire a car but there were stores in walking distance including dunkin donuts, cici pizza, dollar store and starbucks to name a few. The staff were always friendly and helpful. Only thing i would suggest is if like us you dont rent a car the 'non luxury' taxis are cheaper and at times more reliable than the ones the staff book for you. All theme parks etc close by via taxi and although we didnt use it there is also a free shuttle bus to some parks. We also got a coach to miami for a few nights and coach stop was close by in kissimee. I would definitely return here.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank KaykesLDN
Thank you for your comments. I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I will surely share your notes with my staff this morning, and will ensure all concerns have been addressed. I will check into the cost of the taxi's we are referring the guest to and see why they are higher. Our guest feedback is usually very good, and my staff and I take all guest comments to heart. We are dedicated to ensuring all of our guests have a great experience with us, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
We look forward to your return visit.

Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
Reviewed 27 January 2014

For a couple that stayed only four days and required the essential with quality, our evaluation is excellent. In fact, all our expectations about the apto were surpassed. Also, frontdesk employees were friendly and helpful. As we did not have the opportunity or needed more support or service from the resort, this evaluation is not complete, however as we are concerned we cannot point even a problem. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cicleia
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your experience at The Blue Heron. We are so glad to hear that your expectations were surpassed. If you find yourself coming back to Orlando, we hope you will come back and see us.

The Management and Staff at The Blue Heron Beach Resort
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Blue Heron Beach Resort is apt rentals on a gorgeous lake in Orlando. It's near all attractions and the resort is quiet and secure. We spent a weekend in a 2 bedroom apt that had an updated kitchen and bathrooms and was very pleasant. The view of sunrise over the lake was just stunning. It's like renting an apt right near all the Orlando attractions.

2 Thank Deborah525
Thank you for sharing your experience to other travelers who are wanting to make a reservation at the Blue Heron Beach Resort. Your review is greatly appreciated and well stated. I am glad you enjoyed everything that we have to offer and do hope we will see you back again soon.

The Management and Staff at The Blue Heron Beach Resort
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The good part is that it's a great location, close to all the Disney stuff, with a free shuttle. And the price is amazingly cheap. $70 a night for two adults, four in a pinch, and two kids. There were just two of us, but the living room couch folds out and there are bunk beds in the alcove. Best deal in Orlando. Place is safe, pool is nice. Bad is that the suite we had badly needed renovation. The mattress sagged, and the furniture had seen better days. The wind whistled under the door. Everything was worn, and the bedroom carpet was so dirty that we could smell it every time we opened the door. You can't rent out these places forever without some renewal. I guess we'd go there again, but please put some money into it.

Room Tip: They all face the same direction. We were on the first floor, but the view is just as good as from...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BillBC
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed. I was concerned to hear about your experience with your guest room, because it indicates a lack of attention to detail on the part of our maintenance staff and housekeeping staff.
We have replaced the carpets in most units as well as new mattresses in the master and new linens. The TV's have been updated in the living rooms of most units as well as the master bedrooms. Some units are not managed by us and perhaps you had a unit rented out through an owner who is not in our rental program. I apologize if this was the case.