“Always enjoy the Blue Heron!”

Blue Heron Beach Resort
Ranked #73 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Michigan
“Always enjoy the Blue Heron!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We returned to the Blue Heron for the first time in quite a few years. The large rooms with a washer/dryer and full kitchen are very nice for a family of six. The view from the patio overlooks the pool and Lake Bryan.

The pool is a good one....large with varying depths and a perfect water temperature. The one thing they could have, are more pool chairs spread around the pool area.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 star rating was that our room had a couple problems....the sofa sleeper bed was in horrible condition, and something happened to our AC. It didn't work after the first few hours. The staff did what they could to make it right, and gave us a partial refund on our stay.

My concern would be that Tower #1 is aging a little bit.....Tower 2 is the newest one and probably in a little bit newer condition. It's still a great place to stay and we would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Higher floors have an amazing view, and the highest couple floors have larger rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cmu15
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experiences at The Blue Heron. It is wonderful to hear that our large suites were perfect for your family.

I have passed along your comments regarding more pool chairs to the HOA who manage the pool area of the hotel.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us regarding the A/C. I am sorry this happened but was pleased to hear the staff did offer some compensation for your inconvenience. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern. I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.

The Management at The Blue Heron Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing view, good location, well equipped, clean. Those who survived the 4 day hoper experience know how important it is to get back to clean and a nice room with great view and awesome swinging pool.
If you can do without a maid this is the place to stay.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review and most of all thank you for all of the great comments about your stay.
In an effort to minimize your nightly room rate and to simultaneously provide you with more privacy, the resort does not include daily housekeeping services in your room rate. We can provide you with housekeeping services on an “a la carte” basis.

We hope to see you back soon.

chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have stayed in Orlando several times and we prefer having an condo.
I wasn’t sure what to expect…the reviews were mixed. But, rest assure... this place is fabulous!! We LOVED our room on the 18th floor.
When you pull in there are NO grand waterfalls or a huge fabulous fountain and flowers and plants galore. However, what you get is a Prime location condo complete with washer and dryer.
I requested a room on a higher floor = request granted. We had a view of Downtown Disney and Fireworks off in the distance.
From the balcony, we could see out towards international drive and a peaceful view of the lake. Truly the best of both worlds.
The pool was never overcrowded and I felt everyone has a sense of space.
The elevators were quick...never had to wait for long.
Our room was SPACIOUS. The bunk beds were a hit with my girls & have two bathrooms was a blessing. Furthermore, the Blue Heron is nestled behind two strip malls complete Starbucks, Subway, Florida gift shop…on the other side we had Mini Golf and Dunkin Donuts, Cici’s Pizza…across the street there is a Walgreens and numerous restaurants ALL within a 5 min. walk. The location cannot be beat.

Room Tip: The higher the better...the views are amazing!
2 Thank kaciekay
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
It was fantastic to have you stay with us at The Blue Heron Beach Resort. Thank you for mentioning how wonderful your experience was.

We truly appreciate knowing about our guests experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We toured this property on a previous trip to the Disney area and were very impressed with Blue Heron. We couldn't be happier with our stay. The units are roomy and comfortable. We stayed in tower 2 on the 20th floor and had a great view. The two bedrooms were great for our family of 4 and with 2 teenagers having 2 bathrooms was a blessing. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only things I have to say are to ask for the wifi password when you check in. They did not tell us there was wifi in the room but all the literature said it was only ethernet. After 3 days we found out there was wifi and what the password was and we were fine from then on. The water pressure from the showers are terrible, this was our biggest disappointment. Also, watch your step onto the patio/balcony. There is a very large 3" or so door frame that you have to step over or you will trip onto the concrete balcony. Every single one of us tripped on it and my mom actually fell hard - so be aware. None of these things would stop us from visiting again and I highly recommend this property for the location and value. Very secure and safe property. Close to any food you may want.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunrise Suite and it was more than big enough for our family of 4. The room sleeps...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed. I was concerned to hear about your experience with your guest room, because it indicates a lack of attention to detail on the part of our maintenance staff. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on their behalf. Your comments have been discussed, and our team is doing a round of preventative maintenance to address that problem in the future. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

At the moment Wi-Fi is available in all of our public areas and a High Speed Internet connection is available in all suites. We are working on this to better sere our guests in the future.

Thank you for the positive comments about your stay with us. The staff and I do appreciate them.

We hope you will stay with us if your travels bring you back into the area in the future.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This has been our 8th time back at this resort.Check in was fast and easy! As we entered the unit there was a smell of bleach (To me was a good sign) atleast they clean with bleach!! The unit indeed was very clean with no bad oder at all!! the only minor nagative thing i could say is that the TV in the master bedroom sould have a flat screen apposed to the old tube set thats in there now.Only other thing they shoud update is the WIFI in the units.We will be back to Blue heron as its close to everything and for what the units have in them are a very good value!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your experience at The Blue Heron and for being such a loyal fan of the Blue Heron. We appreciate your business.

Wifi is available poolside and in the main lobby. We are looking into ways to remedy this situation and do hope in the very near future we can solve this problem. Thank you for your patience.

Again, we sincerely thank you for your valuable comments. On behalf of our entire management team, we look forward to your return stay.

Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife booked our stay here - I was apprehensive when she said that there was a fee for towels. But I was impressed, very impressed, when we arrived. The suite was larger than my first college apartment and much nicer :) It was well furnished and clean overall (see below). The elevators are not accessible without a room key, which increases security. The view of the lake off the balcony was outstanding and you can see the fireworks from the front side of the suite. The pool is heated. Ohh, a washer and dryer inside the suite, so no need for towel service. Granite countertops, full size kitchen (with icemaker). Two bathrooms and a private bedroom for the adults. The place was big enough that two adults could have set up an inflatable bed in the living room and you wouldnt even know they were there. Two TVs with DVD players - bring some movies with for the kids in case it rains. Dishwasher in the kitchen, as well as actual dishes.

Cons (there always are some) - the tile floors in our room were hard to clean (we had the same type in a house once). So, your socks/feet will stay dirty. My wife scrubbed the floors with the mop (in the AC closet) and it made it better, but the floors were hard to keep clean and were dirty when we arrived. Not a big deal, anyone used to staying in hotels will bring flip flops. Maintenence had to fix our washer - they arrived quickly that day and fixed it, but left the mess behind (belt was shredded and black gunk was all over the floor). They should have cleaned up after themselves. - Neither of these things should be a deal breaker, I just included them from the managements reference if they are reading their reviews. Overall very few cons for my stay, and I am hard to please sometimes.

Recommendations - mini golf next door, get a coupon from downstairs. Cicis Pizza has a great $6.00 large takout right next door as well. The Dollar Tree has everything you need - from milk to laundry detergent - right next door to Cicis. There is a path behind the office to cut through the bushes behind the mini golf place. Starbucks in the parking lot in front of the Resort as well :)

1 Thank Michael K
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We are deeply disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to our usually high standards. Please accept our apologies that your housekeeping was not consistent.

We have discussed this topic with the housekeeper who cleaned the room before your arrival, and the Supervisor who should have double-checked the room, and given the room an additional preventative maintenance cleaning. I was concerned to hear about your experience with your guest room, because it indicates a lack of attention to detail on the part of our maintenance staff. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on their behalf. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great price and great location for all parks, shopping, restaurants, supermarkets and factory outlets. You can even walk to some. Recommend Bahama Breeze for happy hour food & drink.

Lovely view of Lake Brian, great to watch sun rise. Good size condo with 2 bathrooms. Spotlessly clean. Excellent customer service from staff on reception. PC access in reception, old and very slow.

We asked for a refurbished room expecting a new bed. Memory foam mattress topper put on top of old bed. It gave a comfortable night's sleep, but the bed linen didn't fit. Get used to having the bedroom curtains constantly closed as the bedroom overlooks the landing with people coming and going to the lift at all hours.

A good size condo for 2 adults. Well equipped kitchen. Shame the furniture is slightly shabby and the sofas smelly. I had to cover them up with a couple of beach towels as the smell of greasy hair residue was off-putting.

The pool was warm and cleaned daily, but the bottom of the pool was still dirty. A lot of chemicals added. It took a while to get used to being enclosed by the concrete of the car park on 2 sides of the pool, but the view of the lake made up for that. My biggest surprise was the Americans behaving like the Germans with regard to sun loungers...... some would get up early, put towels on beds, go to the parks for the day and come back to their beds late afternoon. i resisted the urge to join in except for my last day.....
There are not enough sun loungers, so be warned......

Overall an excellent price and location. Note that it is off a busy road, close to I4 & Disney, so there is a lot of traffic. We used local roads but still very busy. Easy to get to East or West coast for beaches. 3 star rating as resort looking a bit tired and worn out but couldn't fault staff or location.

Room Tip: Tower 1 is smaller and has better views over the lake. There is a lot of noise from the pool area so...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea191272
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your comments. I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I will surely share your notes with my staff this morning, and will ensure all concerns have been addressed. I have also sent the pool issues to the management company for the HOA who handle the exterior of the property. Our guest feedback is usually very good, and my staff and I take all guest comments to heart. We are dedicated to ensuring all of our guests have a great experience with us, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.