“Filthy!!”

Ranked #76 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Baltimore, Maryland
“Filthy!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in room 307. The room had the potential to be nice if it was properly maintained. It was filthy! I wouldn't even let my kids walk around barefoot because the floors made their feet black from the dirt. The unit smelled when we walked in and I immediately noticed how dirty the carpets & grout on the tile flooring was - not to mention mold growing in the shower & cobwebs hanging all over the chandelier in the dining room. We checked in very late the first night & quite honestly I didn't have the energy to complain and/or move to a different unit if that was even an option. The unit needed a serious deep cleaning & I'm sensing from other reviewers the cleaning staff isn't up to par to handle it. On a positive note the location is great & the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed April 2014
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the cleanliness of your guest room. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed this topic with the housekeeper who cleaned the room before your arrival, and the Supervisor who should have double-checked the room, and given the room an additional preventative maintenance cleaning. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern.I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.

If you do return to the area we do hope you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please call the hotel directly and we will be happy to assist you.

The Management at The Blue Heron Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
North Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Overall this place has been nice. It is exceptionally clean, great location and gorgeous pool. We are in tower 2 in the 1st floor deluxe suite. The condo itself is very clean, but extremely dated and a few minor problems like the dining room chairs with wobbly legs, the guest shower with peeling paint patches, old pullout sofa bed and a dryer that shoots the lint all over your clothes(yes, we cleaned the trap). We brought our own router so no wi-fi issues. Also from the first floor you can't see the fireworks as advertised, we saw a parking lot of cars. The token machine never worked in the arcade and the tiki bar only has beer and wine coolers. I wouldn't stay here again unless I was guaranteed a more updated, higher floor unit.

Stayed April 2014
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Blue Heron Beach Resort. Your feedback is a very important part of our guest satisfaction program, and we use this as a valuable training tool for our associates. Our goal is to completely satisfy each of our guests during every stay, and I am truly sorry his was not your experience during your recent stay with us.
I have brought forth the issues with my maintenance team so we can avoid this happening with another guest in the future his was not your experience during your recent stay with us.
The Tiki Bar is not run by The Blue Heron but by an independent company and operate with a beer and wine license.
The Arcade is run by the HOA and Provident, not the Blue Heron. I apologize on their behalf and will bring these issues to their attention.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We had floor 21, and the view from both decks was unlike any view I've seen. On the east side, you see Lake Bryan and the beautiful sunrise. On the west side, you see Disneyworld and can catch both their and Universal Studio's fireworks. Amazing! The only downside to being this high is panic attacks if you're scared of heights, low water pressure, and spotty wi-fi at best.
The accommodations were super nice as were the front desk staff.

2 Thank Shannon N
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. It is always our goal to provide great service for our guest for all the services we provide. I'm sorry to hear you experienced all these issues with the van service. I have brought forth the issues with my team so we can avoid this happening with another guest in the future. We hope you will stay with us if your travels bring you back into the area in the future.

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Suite was of high standard with superb views over lake. As we had one of the larger suites we could also see Downtown Disney from the back balcony which meant we could watch the fireworks at night. Also good facilities within suite with decent sized kitchen including large fridge/freezer and also washer/dryer to freshen up our clothes.
Central location to everything we needed. Short easy drive into Disney parks, Universal and Seaworld. Only short drive from Outlet stores. Numerous restaurants closeby some within walking distance (thoroughly recommend Santa Fe Steakhouse across the road). Also had supermarket, souvenir shops, Starbucks, Dunkin Doughnuts, Subway and mini golf all next to complex. Pools were excellent - very clean and child friendly (our 11 and 6 year old preferred the hotel pools to the waterparks).
Staff were very friendly and helpful with free safety deposit box and Wifi available. We had problem with our Wifi router initially but this was sorted without hassle.
Had facility to book park tickets and excursions at lobby. We booked day trip to Seaworld at a good price and well worth the money.
Our family thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we would recommend the Blue Heron to any family, young or old.

Room Tip: Deluxe suites have both front and rear balconies so you can watch sun rising over the lake in the mo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Graeme C
Our Hotel Professionals are ecstatic to read your positive review about your previous experience at our resort. As we always aim to reach every guest and their needs. Please let me know us know if you need anything in the future and we wish to see you soon.

Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I was just like you looking for reviews. I seen a lot of negative comments.When I stayed there I had no problems beautiful place. I stayed in tower 1 had a master bedroom bunkbed pull out couch. I had a 2,9,60 year old with me no complaints when my toddler woke up in morning her first place to go was balcony to see the pool area we stayed on 10th floor. I didn't have a rental car I took taxi to Wal-Mart it's 5 min away I got my groceries so I wouldn't have to spend money at restaurants. There is no house keeping for the room I booked they do have a complimentary dish soap paper towels detergent I used there detergent to wash my towels. If you need to get things there is dollar store Walgreen Dublin counts Starbucks convenient store all walking distance. I kept my room the way I walked into it. There is WiFi just call them to get password. Somebody was complaining about noise from pool I couldn't hear anything. Somebody else complain about the floor and rug I made sure my kids at flip flops socks on during the stay. The people that are complaining on here are probably high class live in a mansion and chose this place. It's affordable shuttle ride to disney is included if you planning on going to disney you can pack lunch with you and bring there I didn't know I could of saved money if I was you I would bring sandwiches chips snacks water and call it a day. The hotel was great I can't complain I'm 28 my mother and my kids loved it. Book it

4 Thank tranaya w
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. Thank you so much for mentioning how positive your experience was at The Blue Heron Thank you so much for the recommendation, we look forward to your return!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The room was fantastic, the views over the lake were breath taking and the service the staff provided was friendly and professional. I took my laptop with me and they provided a Ethernet cable ensuring I could log on to my emails all day every day - no wifi in rooms, but this was not an issue as I bought a sim card from WalMart.

When we booked with agent the description of the rooms was quite confusing, we asked for 2 rooms, but in fact we got a 3 bedroom suite! Master Room - King size bed with en-suite bathroom, second bedroom, had two single beds in, with bathroom next door and the third was enough for 2 bunkbeds for the children, beautiful kitchen, huge dining table - glass, and huge sofas with television.

A very nice hotel, pool area and facilities are great! Restaurants of all kinds are along the 535 north and south so you will have plenty of options for great food.

A Walgreens supermarket is across the road which is helpful as we could by coffee, tea, milk and items for breakfast/lunches. I def recommend you stay in Tower two and try and get above floor 10 as you will see fireworks for the Disney shows at night easier.

I DO NOT recommend any of the Hotels down International Drive, simply as it is too busy. This hotel is in a peaceful location, but has access to the I4 and other main roads so its easy to get where you need to go.

Really enjoyed our stay here and don't listen to negative comments, Im from the UK and we are the worst for complaining!

Room Tip: I def recommend you stay in Tower Two and try and get above floor 10 as you will see fireworks for t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Alex J
Thank you for sharing your experience to other travelers who are wanting to make a reservation at the Blue Heron Beach Resort. Your review is greatly appreciated and well stated. I am glad you enjoyed everything that we have to offer and do hope we will see you back again soon.

Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the 8th floor. We had a very nice view of the lake. The pool was great and warm. No WiFi thru building. Only in pool area. Furniture was kinda worn out. Everything was clean when we arrived. All applianceswere up to ddate. Would stay again. Very close to Disney and has shuttles that run from hotel.

1 Thank B3amt3am
BHBR-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Heron Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor review and thank you for sharing your comments.

I am sorry but we only have wifi at the pool and the main lobby. We are working on getting this resolved in the near future.

I will pass along your comments regarding the pool furniture to The HOA as they handle the exterior of the resort.

Again, we sincerely thank you for your valuable comments. On behalf of our entire management team, we look forward to showing you our true level of service during your next visit.