The Blue Heron Beach Resort is the perfect place to stay for the money. I rented this knowing it is not a 5 star, full service hotel so I knew what to expect.
Awesome location! Central to everything. We rented a car and visited Discovery Cove, SeaWorld, Downtown Disney, and friends at Coronado Springs Disney Resort. Each of these was less then a 20 minute drive.
Pool area was open dawn to dusk. Which was great because my 4 yr old loves to swim and we went down to the pool by 7:30am a couple days. Pool is heated, clean and big! The tiki bar does offer some food options, however only beer, wine, and a few other options for alcoholic drinks. My husband and I are rum drinkers, and they don't serve any hard liquor. No biggie, we just brought our mugs with us from the room.
Fantastic views from both our balconies! We would watch the sun come up on one balcony and the sun go down on the other. We also watched the Disney fireworks from the balcony. We were on the 12th floor.
Bedroom/bathroom layout was perfect for our family. We have 2 teenagers and 1 four year old. The teens had their own room and bathroom, which they loved. Our 4 year old loved the bunkbeds right outside the master bedroom. Living / kitchen area is a little small, but honestly, we never cooked a meal and hardly spent any time in the room, so not an issue.
Jet tub in the master bath was a nice option. Our daughter loved taking a bath in that every night.
Plenty of towels for bath and pool. Although we are a family who re-uses our towels more than once.
Sure, the furniture is showing a little wear and tear, but what do you expect for the money? For the money - it gets 5 stars. I'm not saying it is a "5" star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Heron Beach Resort, a lakefront resort featuring one- and two-bedroom, condominium-style suites is just one mile from the entrance to the Walt Disney World and located just off Interstate 4 at exit 68. In addition to our immediate proximity to Disney World, we are also just four miles from SeaWorld and their new water park, Aquatica. Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are eight short miles north on Interstate 4. The Premium Outlet Mall, just one mile from our front door offers discounted merchandise from some of the world’s most recognizable names. We are in the midst of Lake Buena Vista, the primary tourist area where you’ll find hundreds of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues.The Blue Heron Beach Resort offers one- and two-bedroom suites with living room and patio overlooking the resort pools and Lake Bryan. Each suite also has a full kitchen, dining area and two full baths. In-suite amenities include flat screen TVs with DVD players, high speed internet, washer and dryer and Jacuzzi-jetted tub in the master bath. Resort amenities include two heated pools, a kid’s pool, an outdoor hot tub, fitness center, game room, access to the miniature golf course adjacent to the hotel, and water sports available from our own docks on Lake Bryan. Services include a complimentary shuttle to the major theme parks. Parking is free. Our full service concierge can help you with car rental, attraction tickets and/or restaurant reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Heron Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Heron Beach Hotel Orlando
- Blue Heron Beach Resort Orlando, Florida