So let me start by saying this was an amazing stay. I would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't for a few minor things that could have been done differently. I reserved 2 separate suites for the weekend. A 2 bedroom suite and a 1 bedroom suite for total of 11 people. The main reason I picked the 2 bedroom suite was because it stated that it had a view of the Fireworks from Disney. I arrived early with a few of the girls, and our rooms were not ready so I checked in and went to see the pool area to pass the time. When we got called that our rooms were ready, they said they booked us 2 rooms next to each other.... even better. When we got to the room first issue I saw was that it was on the 3rd floor with a view of the parking lot... not attractive. I immediately called the desk because this was definitely not a "Fireworks" view. They apologized and we had to go get the keys reprogrammed. We were sent to the 10th floor. View was great overlooking the rooftops... which is where you can see the fireworks at night. The view from the living room was gorgeous.... beautiful view of the paddle boarders in the morning on Lake Bryan. Wish the weather had been better to enjoy it more. Now after we were told the rooms would be side by side, and they had to move us to the 10th floor, they only moved the larger 2 bedroom suite not the 1 bedroom suite.... not a deal breaker but would've preferred rooms side by side. It was good that they programmed all the keys to work in both rooms. The suites were beautiful. The Jacuzzi in the master bath was great. Nice size kitchens and the bunk beds were even a hit. I realize these are like "condo" living but it still is a resort/hotel and I think they should have Ice makers more easily accessible. I recommend turning on the ice maker in the freezer as soon as you walk in cause they take a while to produce ice and your only other option is taking your own cooler/container down to the bar by the pool to fill up... it is kind of a hassle. The suites were very spacious but being that they are to accommodate 8 in the 2 bedroom and 6 in the 1 bedroom, they do not have enough linens for this. There is no additional blankets/pillows or sheets for anyone that gets cold at night or just wants additional bedding. I would have thought in 1 of the closets or under the bunks there would be more but there wasn't. If anything there should be more linens/towels... especially because it is a condo... there is no daily house keeping during your stay. So besides the bedding, towels, and making sure you get the right room.... should be a great stay. Close enough to everything and there are plenty of shuttle services that will pick you up and drop you off again. Can't wait to go back and hopefully the weather is more agreeable.... oh and the "pools" cause there is like 3... are great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Heron Beach Resort, a lakefront resort featuring one- and two-bedroom, condominium-style suites is just one mile from the entrance to the Walt Disney World and located just off Interstate 4 at exit 68. In addition to our immediate proximity to Disney World, we are also just four miles from SeaWorld and their new water park, Aquatica. Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are eight short miles north on Interstate 4. The Premium Outlet Mall, just one mile from our front door offers discounted merchandise from some of the world’s most recognizable names. We are in the midst of Lake Buena Vista, the primary tourist area where you’ll find hundreds of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues.The Blue Heron Beach Resort offers one- and two-bedroom suites with living room and patio overlooking the resort pools and Lake Bryan. Each suite also has a full kitchen, dining area and two full baths. In-suite amenities include flat screen TVs with DVD players, high speed internet, washer and dryer and Jacuzzi-jetted tub in the master bath. Resort amenities include two heated pools, a kid’s pool, an outdoor hot tub, fitness center, game room, access to the miniature golf course adjacent to the hotel, and water sports available from our own docks on Lake Bryan. Services include a complimentary shuttle to the major theme parks. Parking is free. Our full service concierge can help you with car rental, attraction tickets and/or restaurant reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Heron Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Heron Beach Hotel Orlando
- Blue Heron Beach Resort Orlando, Florida