Myself, husband and 16 year old daughter stayed here from 4th to 16th August. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the third floor of Tower 1. I spent a long time searching for the right place to stay and I can definitely say this place was it! The reception staff were very polite and helpful all through our holiday and the suite itself was lovely with a beautiful view of the pool and lake at the back and a disney view from the front balcony. The suite itself was clean and comfortable and huge for the three of us! Our daughter had her own bathroom off her twin room so this gave her some privacy. We had a kingsized bed and en-suite bathroom and a front balcony view. The living area was lovely with a 3 piece suite, coffee table, large dining table and flatscreen TV (one in each bedroom also). The kitchen area had everything we needed including oven, microwave, kettle, coffee maker, toaster,dishwasher and a large fridge/freezer. There was also a washing machine and dryer in the hallway (along with a set of bunk beds!) They also supplied lots of towels, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, and small toiletries for the bathrooms. If you wanted housekeeping you had to pay extra for this. The pool was never too busy and you could always get a sunbed. We booked through alpharooms and got a fantastic deal for this time of year. We hired a car and it was just a five minute drive to downtown disney and about 15 mins to the rest of disney parks. It took about 20-25 mins to universal. There are loads of restaurants nearby and some large giftshops. We went to walmart to get food for our breakfast and snacks etc. We had a fantastic time at The Blue Heron and would definitely stay here again, a wonderful holiday was had by all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Heron Beach Resort, a lakefront resort featuring one- and two-bedroom, condominium-style suites is just one mile from the entrance to the Walt Disney World and located just off Interstate 4 at exit 68. In addition to our immediate proximity to Disney World, we are also just four miles from SeaWorld and their new water park, Aquatica. Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are eight short miles north on Interstate 4. The Premium Outlet Mall, just one mile from our front door offers discounted merchandise from some of the world’s most recognizable names. We are in the midst of Lake Buena Vista, the primary tourist area where you’ll find hundreds of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues.The Blue Heron Beach Resort offers one- and two-bedroom suites with living room and patio overlooking the resort pools and Lake Bryan. Each suite also has a full kitchen, dining area and two full baths. In-suite amenities include flat screen TVs with DVD players, high speed internet, washer and dryer and Jacuzzi-jetted tub in the master bath. Resort amenities include two heated pools, a kid’s pool, an outdoor hot tub, fitness center, game room, access to the miniature golf course adjacent to the hotel, and water sports available from our own docks on Lake Bryan. Services include a complimentary shuttle to the major theme parks. Parking is free. Our full service concierge can help you with car rental, attraction tickets and/or restaurant reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Heron Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Heron Beach Hotel Orlando
- Blue Heron Beach Resort Orlando, Florida