“Fine for Business”

Ranked #217 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
United States
“Fine for Business”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I wouldn't have my family stay here but it was clean and the staff was nice. Fine for business when traveling by myself. Good value for the money. Breakfast is functional. )(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2014

If you like dogs, this hotel is for you! Every time you walk down a corridor or enter an elevator you could have the chance to pet a dog. Many guests had multiple dogs. The front desk is a good spot for pet watching as guests make frequent trips in and out. From your room, you will be able to hear cheerful dog yips. Who knows? Your room may have been occupied by a dog before your stay.

Remember, all La Quintas are "pet friendly."

Now I know.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Raleigh
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were very disappointed with our stay at LaQuinta in Orlando Fl. My husband is in a wheelchair and we requested a handicap room. We were give a room with one double bed and a tub. We were told it was the law that all handicap rooms have a double bed. This is not true as we stayed at other hotels during our trip and had two doubles or king bed. Bathroom was very dated, mold on the floor. Eating area very small. Had to eat in our room as there was no room for a wheelchair. Would not use LaQuita again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I really enjoy the LQ brand. I travel 250 days a year and they are always my 1st choice. However.

If you are a guest with a spouse or family with you- DO NOT stay @ this hotel. Between the drug dealers, street walkers you will have no peace. I was solicited 4 times by a street walker while outside smoking a cigarette. My wife was offered money or drugs on 2 different occasions while outside of the building on the property.

The management at this hotel "does not care" about the guest, period.

I feel fortunate that we were able to leave without incident.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank jazzman2014
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We reserved 2 rooms. I couldn't get the door of the first room open. It was as if it was bolted from inside. I asked the guy at the front desk if maybe the room was already in use? He came to have a look and discovered that the door was just extremely difficult to open. He was throwing his shoulder into it and got it open after about the third thrust. He closed it and tried again. Stuck again. I'm not talking about a little sticking. I'm talking about it feels like it's dead bolted. As this was going to be the kids room, I wasn't ok with having a door that couldn't be opened. Fire hazard for one, kids trapped in the room on the third floor. No way. I was asking him to find us another room and while I'm talking to him my daughter is calling me from the second room. No toilet paper. The toilet paper holder was there but was broken and there was no roll. The door to the bathroom was filthy. I come back out of the room and a piece of the mid wall moulding fell off when the guy brushed against it while he was talking to me. The place is falling apart and is filthy. The carpet is disgusting. The door to the fire escape was hanging lopsided off the hinge behind him. He saw the situation deteriorating and offered to just refund the rooms. To his credit he was pretty nice and seemed like he's the long suffering employee who knows the place is a dump and has no power to change anything.

The smell of smoke hits you the second you walk into the entrance of the building. Also, the pool? Just pretend there's no pool. It is literally across the parking lot. I've seen restaurants outside of hotels with less of a walk across the parking lot. No walkway- just cut through the cars, cross the parking lot and there's the pool. It was like an after thought or something. I would never use a pool so removed from the property.

I was looking for hotels near the airport and thought this was close since it's got airport in the name. Nope. 12 miles to the airport and no shuttle. The area is a but dodgy as well. We ended up at the Homewood Suites. Omg, like night and day. Worth the $50 more a night.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Got_too_many_dogs
Orangeville, Illinois
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The rooms weren't clean, in the bathroom it was easy to see that the corners of the floor haven't been cleaned for months. The bed was really not comfortable at all. I could have tolerated it if at least I could sleep but I tossed and turned all night on an uncomfortable mattress. The TV was no big deal either. There was a drunk guy laying in the hallway for a long time and that made me uncomfortable to go out and get a pop in the machine without taking the long route around and the stairs. No real good place to lay stuff like a suitcase without taking up floor space or the table. I think next time, the extra $20 to stay somewhere else will be my choice. The breakfast had waffles, cereal, some hard boiled eggs, and such but nothing special at all. I will say that when I came down at 9:30 AM and asked for a glass of milk, the man at the desk was very kind and went and got me one. The staff were very nice and helpful, they were the best part of this place.

Room Tip: I don't think I'm going to be any help here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have stayed 20 plus times on vacations at 2051 Consulate over the last 5 years. Overall the personal are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are as clean as I would hope for and we have been in some dumps in the Orlando area. This is why we keep coming back. Better then most for the complimentry breakfast in the lobby. Plenty of parking and near all the stores and resturants you will need. We will be going back for hopfully many more vacations while we visit Disney World

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple