“Ok food . Walking distance to Convention and Hyatt Regency”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 3,923 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Indulge in our famous dry aged steaks, 5,000 or so bottles of wine from our award-winning list, and sublime desserts. All in an atmosphere of the casual ease and elegance born of Floridian leisure. We are located at The Pointe Orlando. Near the Convention Center. The finest hotels. And, naturally, the best golf courses.The Capital Grille Orlando. Paradise, redefined.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt for a convention across the street. The Capital Grille, if you've never heard of or haven't been to is an upper scale restaurant. Ok value for what you're paying. The night we went was pretty busy even with a reservation made on Opentable. The service was only mediocre. The beef tartare was horrible. Neither my colleague and I touched it. I think it should be taken off the menu. The best dish we had was the lamb chop.

If you're tired of dining in the hotel, this is an ok place to go. CG is right next to an open air small outdoor shopping and restaurant plaza called Point Orlando. It's a 5 minute walk from the Hyatt/Convention Center.

The service wasn't that good. After getting all our dishes out, we were ignored the rest of the time until it was time for our check but asked if we want dessert first which we declined.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Dined at business lunch. They asked for our time constraints, and met them. I'm not typically a calamari fan, but their appetizer with hot peppers was really outrageously great. My watermelon, tomato,feta and arugula salad was gorgeous but needed more of something... Maine lobster salad roll...I have not had better on the East coast and the truffle fries absolutely melted in my mouth. And as I said, the service was smooth and impeccable ...white and black napkins, ladies first, etc. we are lucky,,, going back again for dinner tomorrow :-)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had a great time sitting at the bar eating with a friend one night. Bartenders gave us great service/attention, even helped to fend off unwanted advances from an overserved patron. Of course its pricey but you don't walk into Capital Grille not knowing that!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Oysters (amazing but pricey), delicious steak and superb service. The tuna was fantastic. And OOOOOH! the potatoes - would highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I am not saying this place isn't good but know where you are going if this is your destination. It is a beautiful place with a great window for people watching. I felt completely underdressed and the $$ was high. The food was very good and the server very attentive (border line creepy though). Not a family environment seemed more like a business or a very special night with your someone special kind of place. The location is in the middle of FUN so seems a little out of place but still very good!