“very nice hotel”

Ranked #29 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Dieppe, Canada
“very nice hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Close to Wet and Wild, I Fly, and Orlando Premium Outlets. Property very clean and staff very pleasant. Rooms were very clean, pool area was excellent with shaded areas. Restaurant is great. Buffet in the morning is reasonably priced and staff there very friendly. Price was the same if not better than the IHOP down the street witch was crowded and poor service. At least the morning we went. I would stay again.

Room Tip: all rooms were good there.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kelly C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your compliments on our clean hotel and friendly staff. We appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback.

Kelly Carney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Free wi fi, free parking, fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room, great staff and lovely pool area with free cabanas. Have been coming to Florida now for ten years or so and if you choose to stay in the international drive area, you really can't go wrong with this hotel. Loved it.

Stayed July 2014
Kelly C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Shelleywelly101,

We are delighted that you loved our hotel. Thank you for your compliments on our staff and the pool area. We know you many choices when it comes to hotels in Orlando and we appreciate your business.

Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Excellent staff.... wonderful property. Clean, friendly, great outdoor bar for business or leisure travelers. Everything you need and more for a great stay in Orlando! I will absoutely choose this location on my next visit to Orlando.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kelly C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Erika,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Thank you for your compliments on our staff and tiki bar. We value your business.

Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stopped in for two nights with the family on the way to Ft. Lauderdale and had three rooms reserved for the weekend. We arrived just in time for Happy hour at the Tiki bar and ventured down there for a couple of drinks before dinner. The pool area was larger than most HGI's we normally stay in, although it could be because they are in Florida. The first night, we arrived back in the room to find the A/C had soaked the carpet. We just went on to bed and reported it to the front desk clerk in the morning. When we got back that evening, the A/C was all apart in the room with a blower running, trying to dry the carpet. I could not see us staying in there another night as was getting very musty smelling. We ask for another room and the one next door was available, so not a big hassle to move. We are long time travelers and know these things happen, and they handled it well. I am still waiting for the extra Honor points they offered me, which have not been credited after two weeks. Not really worth the time to call as being Diamond for decades, we have accumulated plenty of points.

Anyway, we had dinner in the restaurant that evening and I believe Allison was working. She did a good job as the place was almost full. The breakfast both mornings was cook to order and the food was all good. I enjoy this type of breakfast more than some of the other Hilton hotels offer. Everyone was able to get exactly what they wanted to eat and not just eat from the buffet.

Overall, the entire family had a nice stay and will stay here again if we are in the area. Can't really add much more to what's in the other reviews in regards to locations, shuttles, etc..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Irina M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear CaribbeanSoul,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and letting others know of your experience! We are glad to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay and that you liked our full cooked to order American breakfast. Thank you for your nice comments about our staff. I will share your comments at our huddle with the staff as they always love hearing positive feedback about their service. I also wanted to apologize for the issue with A/C in your room. While we do our best to keep all equipment in working condition, sometimes things go beyond our control. I'm glad we were able to resolve this situation by changing rooms. We hope that this situation does not deter you from choosing us in the future and would be honored to be given the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. Again, thank you for your valuable time and we look forward to having another opportunity to be your choice of hotel on your next visit to Orlando.

Irina Marsee, Assistant General Manager
The Villages, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great staff and facility with good access to Universal. Clean and fresh very up to par. Only surprise was the room really had 2 full beds in a double instead of the anticipated 2 queen beds. Not a problem but a bit of a surprise.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kelly C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Bruce,

Thank you for your compliments on our staff and service. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If I could give this hotel a ZERO, I would. I awoke one morning with bites ALL over my body, literally head to toe. I counted approximately 50 bites on one arm alone. Desperately hoping they were not what I thought, I went to the reception desk and asked to see the manager. I showed the manager my bites, who told me they had not had issues with bedbugs "in years." The hotel called me later, however, and confirmed that there were bedbugs in my room. I was told to dispose of our luggage or have our belongings cleaned to help prevent transferring them to our home. The manager later assured me that the hotel would take care of our expenses, which ended up including medical bills.

Guess what. That didn't happen. The hotel referred me to their insurance company, who now seems to have lost my phone number. This experience completely ruined our trip. These parasites are DISGUSTING, and to think that we had to pay good money to be their hosts while we slept makes the situation even worse. Tripadvisor was a key factor in helping us select this hotel. I usually never write reviews, and I feel embarrassed sharing this horrible experience, but I feel compelled to share our story with others who value the reviews on this site.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
29 Thank Steven S
Irina M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Steven S.,

First, please let me apologize for your unfortunate experience at our hotel. There is little else hotel guests find as disruptive as an encounter with bed bugs, which have become more and more of a problem in the industry. Our practice is to train the room attendants to examine guest rooms very carefully during the cleaning process to insure we are aware of any insect activity. Occasionally, there are no detectable signs. When we are alerted to a problem, we immediately contact an exterminator; have the room in question along with all surrounding rooms treated and, after a suitable waiting period, have the room re-inspected by the exterminator prior to allowing it to be occupied. Issues such as this are infrequent, but we take great pains to insure we resolve them completely, not quickly.

Thank you for informing us that our insurance specialist is not getting back to you. Our intent is to do our best to make you whole after this unsettling experience. We will make certain that they stay in touch with you until that happens.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have at 407-363-9332. You can also get further information at http://www.epa.gov/bedbugs.

Irina Marsee,
Assistant General Manager
S
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Whilst I was excited to visit Universal Studios, I did not have high hopes for our accommodation while there - but I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel itself is a little dated but clean and well sized. What blew me away was the customer service and conveniences provided by this place. The staff were absolutely delightful at the front desk and in the restaurant. They went made us feel genuinely welcome and were as helpful as could be. The conveniences such as free wifi, the pantry, the shuttle bus, the laundry and the in room microwave all were useful, and even the restaurant was extremely reasonably priced and delicious. Overall this was an excellent choice for our stay in Orlando and I would happily return and recommend to friends and family.

2 Thank Modo3971
Kelly C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Modo3971,

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation on Trip Advisor and your compliments on our staff/customer service. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to Orlando.