“Rooms nice, service terrible, location for disney a pain.”
Review of B Resort & Spa

B Resort & Spa
Ranked #126 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The new hotel is beautiful. Rooms are perfect and the beds are comfortable - super important after a long day at disney. It's not an ideal location for staying at disney, and if we didn't receive the "try me rate" it would not have been worth the price. We would've stayed at the contemporary. The front desk staff was rude and unhelpful and made the whole check in process unbearable. Overall, a nice modern hotel, trying a little to hard to be the W, just without their exemplary service.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank HA0816
Rafael O, Front Office Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

HA0816, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am disappointed to read about your interaction with the Front Desk Staff. I have since taken this area of opportunity and addressed the individuals involved. On the other hand, I am glad that you were able to enjoy our guestroom. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for B Resort & Spa

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was gorgeous. It had a very chic, modern feel to it. We had the freeway view on the 8th floor, but heard nothing from the outside. Bathrooms were new, and exceptionally clean. Beds were comfy and warm. A/c was a little loud, but I was too comfy to notice. The complimentary water bottles from the front desk were a nice touch. I did not even do valet, but the guys helped me carry my stuff to my car, and have us water bottles for the road. Staff was very welcoming. Downtown Disney is easy to access via shuttle, car, or even on foot. I would definitely stay here again! Thanks for a great time!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ilovepeanuts6

ilovepeanuts6, greetings from B Resort & Spa! I cannot disagree with your description of our resort and I am thrilled that you were able to experience our team’s commitment to excellent service and self-expression hospitality. Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and we look forward to having you as our guest on your next trip to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This company is a new brand and I was familiar with them from their first Miami location. If you are a fan of W hotels, then this resort is similar. I call it "W light" . This company took an old and run down Lake Buena Vista property and completely gutted it, and its about 90% finished, with the exception of the restaurant and a gift shop/snack bar area. The pool is finished. The pros - the decor, the chic room designs and colors , and comfortable lobby area and beds. The cons.... lets just say there's only so much you can do with a building from the 1980's with low ceilings and small doors leading into each room. In other words, it would be virtually impossible to ever turn this property anywhere close to a better 4 star property. However, for the price you will pay, it was certainly worth every dollar and then some, plus the complimentary hot breakfast set up in the banquet room, complimentary water and wi-fi, and a waiver of the resort fee were nice touches. The fitness center has all new cardio machines but they are not yet connected to the internet or tv's and there's limited free weights. I thought the $16 fee for self-parking was a tad on the expensive side, but overall, it was a very nice stay and I will give this hotel a 4 star rating compared to other hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the first floor with immediate access to the swimming pool. Your back door litera...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David L

David L, thank you for being amongst our first guests to experience B Resort & Spa after a complete redevelopment. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our guestroom and other added values during your stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The B resort hotel in Orlando is simply amazing! It is Newly renovated with a modern twist! The room which we stayed in was excellent! The entire hotel staff was friendly, kind and extremely helpful- A special shout out and thank you goes to Francesco Schiavone with the B hotel staff/expedia who helped us immensely with our trip planning and Disney and Universal ticket purchasing! He was extremely helpful and made things very easy for us!

The hotel pool opened during our visit and it was very nice! Can't wait to see what the spa and restaurant will look like when they are complete. Look forward to staying with B resort when we come to Orlando again!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank NK0517
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed on this property prior to renovation a few years back, and while it was ok then, it's wonderful now. Very chic and modern decor that goes beyond the veneer. Friendly staff, comfortable beds and a nice pool area. The restaurant and spa were not open yet, but that was no bother to me. The hotel did offer a very nice complimentary breakfast to make up for this. I'm not sure what the price of this would have normally been, but it was delicious and worth probably $10-12pp. If you're a workout junky or need on-site dining, wait a few weeks. Otherwise don't hesitate on staying at this beautiful resort.

Quick tip to parents: there's an open stack of goodies (priced $5 each) and an adorable stuffed animal on the bed ($29) when you walk in. If you have the sort of kid who opens first and asks questions later, ask the staff to remove these items prior to check-in.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the B Resort on June 17th to 20th. They were having a soft opening. The restaurant, pool, exercise room and spa weren't ready. VERY SOFT OPENING. The staff was very accommodating as they realized things weren't up to par at the hotel. I was able to workout at the DoubleTree Suites next store, which helped matters. Also, I got moved to a very advantageous room. The most important thing to understand about this hotel is that its an 18 story hotel right on the I-4. I was in room 1202, after a couple of room changes, which faced Hotel Plaza Blvd. I can't imagine being in a room that faces the freeway, because I like a quiet room. Also, please be aware that all rooms facing Hotel Plaza Blvd. are not created equally; two rooms facing Hotel Plaza Blvd. border an elevator which goes up the exterior of the hotel, which is a nice feature, but you can hear the cables in the rooms bordering this elevator. The staff seemed amazingly unprepared for the opening, but were very nice. I am sure this will not be a factor in a couple weeks. Also, they did have a complimentary beer and wine service from 6-7. A couple of final points, the air conditioning systems in the room were very noisey and the curtains offered no blackout effect, which will ensure you awake in time to arrive at the parks early. My rating of a three is generous, and is based on the fact that the hotel has potential. The decor was very nice and the lobby had a resorty feel. However, I would only stay in this hotel if I was in a non-freeway facing room that didn't border the external elevator, which is probably about 60-80 rooms in the hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel Plaza Blvd. facing that don't border the external elevator
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank David_Aggie
Rafael O, Front Office Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

David_Aggie, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort. I am disappointed to read that our resort did not exceed your expectations during your stay. You were amongst the first guests to experience our product following a remarkable redevelopment. I have shared your comments with the rest of the leadership team at the resort for their review and I assure the necessary steps will be taken to address these areas of opportunity. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Greeted by friendly valet. Front desk was also nice. Could not have asked for a better stay. Room was gorgeous and relaxing.
Friendly staff, awesome breakfast. Loved the decorating. Just beautiful. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business