“Anniversary Bust!”

Ranked #118 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, United States
“Anniversary Bust!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Please note this hotel is very pretty and modern. This hotel reminds me of MIAMI... not typical Disney... and for the reason of my stay... This was very appealing.

On a whim I booked this hotel for an overnight stay with the B hotel "B Wed package" the package includes overnight accommodations, 2pm check out, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival and breakfast in bed. What we got.... Overnight accommodations-yes, 2pm Checkout- yes, Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival- maybe; strawberries - yes.... Champagne- NO, a bottle of $6.97 white wine (which neither of us enjoyed and it was warm) and it arrived to our room about 1hr and 15mins after check-in making it a little weird, to surprise my husband. Two ladies knock on the door with a cart and roll into the room to drop things off.

Breakfast in bed... HA! - Ask the guy at the front desk... He said "no problem" sales has taken care of that for you. Ask that person who delivered the wine and berries, she told me breakfast in bed would consist of us going down, getting food from the buffet and bringing it back to our room. ~ Not my idea of breakfast in bed... But hey... maybe my expectations are misguided. This being said, we entertained the breakfast buffet the next morning and was really not the makings of a "romantic" weekend. A line full of families ( to be expected in a Disney area) a mis guided hostess, and room full of tables with 8-10 strangers eating breakfast. Mind you... if this was just a regular vacation of fun and sun at Disney... Maybe not such a bad setup... But a romantic weekend for a couple with NO children... and a romantic package accommodations...
Eek.

The overall experience, the surprise for my husband... It wasn't what I expected.... We slept with the TV on all night to drown out the sound of the elevator, next to our room, in addition to the Ice machine next to our room. If this wasn't enough there was constant sounds of some type of mechanical or construction just above our room ( killing the romance).

Again, for the look and feel of the hotel, NICE.... The fact that I paid nearly $120+ more than the average guest for a romantic experience, not so nice. We called the front desk, ask for a manager. The assistant housekeeping supervisor came to our room and we explained our concern. She was very apologetic and offered to reduce the cost of our stay to not pay for the "romantic experience" portion of the visit. Upon check out I noticed a credit for $60.

If I were to be asked am I satisfied with the resolution of this matter... NO - Reason: as constant traveler with Hilton and Marriott, late check out would have been free if I stayed at a recognized brand. 6 strawberries from Godiva may have cost $25, the "wine" for $6.97 that was not consumed, and the FREE buffet breakfast that was given to all guest, was total chaos and is not my idea of breakfast in bed. ( Current special at hotel $99 per night, Romantic package $229)

I have entered this review online at the request of the manager who visited our room She advised this was the best way to get the attention of the GM and ensure this doesn't happen in the future. I hate to be the guinea pig especially at my expense. But at least for someone else looking for a romantic weekend, you will know what to expect.

Room Tip: For a romantic weekend... not one near the elevator or Ice Machine.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank SBFL2014
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
SBFL2014, thank you for being our guest and sharing your recent experience with us. I am disheartened to read that your B WED experience fell short on different occasions. I have forwarded your comments to the rest of the leadership team for their review and follow-up, however, I would like to discuss your experience further. If you can please contact me at rafael.ortiz-martinez@bresortlbv.com, I will B happy to assist you. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and thank you for being our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a new resort located very close to Downtown Disney. This resort is still undergoing renovations hence the great introductory prices and perks. Until the end of July, the hotel is offering free breakfast & waived resort fee. There are parking fees; self/valet. The staff are extremely accommodating and friendly. We had two separate visits and rooms during our vacation due to a cruise. Our first room was located in the 2-story bldg which contained a King bed and twin bunks. Room size was great which offered great sleeping arrangements but the bathroom size was way too small to accommodate 2 adults and 2 teens. There were no towel racks or bars to hang towels or wash cloths. Also our view was facing the parking lot so not much to see. On our return trip from the cruise I requested an upgraded room to the towers which were AWESOME! The rooms are larger as well as the bathroom. Great walk in shower with plenty of space. Towel bars were present and plenty of space for everyone. I would definitely return but only to a tower room.

Room Tip: Select high floors in the towers
1 Thank twn030577
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I went this past weekend to the best hotel to go to in Orlando . Especially in July. The offer this month includes waiving the hotel fee and complimentary buffet breakfast . And this was no ordinary basket of pre_packaged sugary treats. A chef is there making personalized omelets, bacon, eggs, sausages, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit, muffins. And the staff will be friendly and helpful every step of the way. Now if rooms need reviews these are top notch . We stayed in deluxe rooms with ample space , huge walk in shower and extra soft bedding. Four stars all around!

Room Tip: Choose higher up to access view of fireworks or if you prefer to have easy access to pool ask for po...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank lesley s
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I don't know where to begin!!!.... From the moment we pulled up to the valet I was impressed with the scenery and service. We were warmly greated by the valet, who directed us to another warm greating from the staff who checked us in. Everyone was very friendly to say the least. The hotel is currently going to some renovations, which are mostly complete, but it's looks and feels very luxurious! They served a complimentarly buffet breakfast, which even included an omelete station. I was very impressed with the overall experience and will definitely be returning when I go back to Orlando.

1 Thank TravelKrew23
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
TravelKrew23, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am delighted to read that you were able to experience our team’s Self-Expression Hospitality during your stay. We look forward to the completion of the other amenities in the coming weeks. Once again, thank you for staying with us at B Resort & Spa and we look forward having you B Our Guest on your next trip to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were there 2 nights at July. Has to say they have improved this place quite a lot. New carpets and tiles etc. Rooms decently sized, and with pricing as low as 89$ a night with complimentary breakfast you cant go wrong. But there was some huge issue......

Air Condition at rooms kept so horrible noise that it makes sleeping almost impossible. We had two rooms, and both have same issue. We stayed at lower side of hotel, and stated this at reception. The only thing they said was: "Maybe there is some repairing going on ?" , and thats it ! I didnt buy that.
So at the desk they should know things like that, and tell that if you are not very heavy sleeper, you cant keep a/c on. In summertime it is way too hot for me to sleep there.

Next time i go to Holiday inn, which i have been stayed many times, for almost same amount of money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SamiSeppala
SamiSeppala, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. As you mentioned, our resort is in the stages of completing a major redevelopment that included all of our guest rooms, meeting and public spaces, dining outlets, and recreational amenities. I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of the added values offered to our guests, however, I am disheartened to read about the AC in your guest rooms and I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Engineering for follow-up. Once again, thank you for staying with us at B Resort & Spa.
Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Fantastic Stay at the B! I always worry when going to a place that I haven't stayed before. I read every review on every resort that I could. I took a chance on the B and am so glad. We had the best experience here. Everything is beautiful, close to Downtown Disney, easy access to I-4. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Our room was very modern and so nice! We will definitely go back to the B! Wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Any room is great! Wouldn't want to be near the elevator just because I don't like that noi...
1 Thank Varina R
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Through July 31st this hotel has great specials! Breakfast was impressive. The room AC was a bit noisy and there is no access to the room terrace. The building is still under renovation, but it is a beautiful hotel, with all the amenities wanted at a Resort within Walt Disney World. They even have a Disney store within the hotel (ran by Disney employees). At full price, I'm not sure if we'd stay again-staying on Disney property would not be a significantly different cost and is much more convenient.

Room Tip: They didn't have any available when we traveled, but the kids are begging to go back to stay in...
1 Thank Smallfamily5807
Smallfamily5807, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I have shared your feedback about breakfast and AC in the guest room with the rest of our leadership team for their review and follow up. Indeed our resort is very unique, distinct, and ‘beautiful’. I would also like to suggest you sign up for our B First to Know so that you are able to receive vacation deals, package, and special offers. Once again, thank you for your feedback and staying with us.