“Wow!!!”

Ranked #126 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
St. Augustine, Florida
“Wow!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this beautiful resort for 2 nights, Service was excellent, room was supper clean, staff were professional and friendly and management were visable.
Valet and Bell staff were effecient and friendly, plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Building is newly renovated, all rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank romanticmant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were looking to get a jump on our Disney Vacation and wanted to spend the night at Downtown Disney without breaking the bank. I saw some of the reviews on this refurbished property and thought what the heck. Check in was easy enough, and since we had a cooler full of food and luggage for our upcoming stay elsewhere, we splurged the $25 for valet to have the car close for a midnight re-icing of the cooler. They were very helpful at valet and didn't make us feel rushed when we were figuring out which bags can stay in the car and which needed to go into the B.

The lobby, as stated in other reviews is all done up white in a modern South Beach style. Good luck keeping that clean white look up over time. The room was a nice sized room, but the pull out sofa had something closer to a yoga mat as its mattress then an actual mattress. There were no sheets made into it, and when we went into the closet the sheets were packed into a package that had a broken zipper and we could not access. Front desk sent someone up with in 5 minutes with fresh linen. They did not offer to set the bed up for us. If the "B" is looking to "B" above the rest, that would have been a nice touch.

The building is not new. It is a refurbished hotel, likely built in early 80's, and as such there will be issues in trying to make it into a modern style resort. For one, the AC system in our room hummed like a truck engine all night. It was not as bad as some older hotels that have the stop and go old wall units, but it was not quiet by any means.

The bathroom is redecorated nicely, and the quality of soap and shampoos are decent.

The bottom line is, if the B is looking to compete in the $100/night market for that Hotel Plaza area, they are on target. If they think they are going to get 150-200 per night, I don't think that will fly. There are newer properties (built in last 5 years) less then a mile away that would be better choices.

Room Tip: Park view rooms offer a nice look toward Disney, but they charge you extra and the balcony is not fu...
3 Thank JohhnyTram
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We decided to surprise our boys for a weekend trip to Orlando, Fl and visit Lego Land which is about a 45 minute drive from our hotel. We were ok with that. We thought that since this hotel was brand new and with the new deal of $99 per night it wasn't a bad idea to give a try especially since it's in the Disney area. The hotel was very modern, sleek and was very nice no doubt. Check in was not speedy. We were in line for about 15 minutes before actually checking in. The customer service is not the friendliest. We requested a room with a bunk bed which was honored but was never told they are located in a 2 floor only building facing either pool or parking lot. We were given a room facing the pool absolutely no privacy what so ever. Everyone can see right in your room leaving you with no choice but to close the drapes. Upon arriving into the room it was a bit muggy but figured it needed some time to cool. The room began to feel very warm and it seemed as if the AC wasn't working. We contacted front desk and it took maintenance about 15-20 minutes to arrive to fix the AC. No one said anything to us in regards to the AC the man just moved the vents and said wait 5 minutes it should cool. The AC was dripping water onto the floor. We asked for a different room and front desk said they will call us back. We waited for another 20 minutes till we finally got a different room. Thank GOD! Because even the bathroom looked dirty with hair and spots of old dried soap on the shower wall. We always bring Lysol wipes and cleaning supplies to clean up a little before usage but this was just unacceptable.

We were moved to a different room in the tower facing the parking lot on the 12th floor, which if you are moved to higher floors you have to pay $20 more per night or the very highest additional $40 per night. We were not charged for being moved to a higher floor was the least they should do with the AC inconvenience. This room was much cleaner. I was satisfied. The room is very modern and overall clean. If you have kids like I do and need a fridge do not count on this hotel to have an AC that will keep your food cold. There is a fridge located in the room but there is a sign in the AC that states that the fridge is not for keeping food cold that it will spoil. So use a different alternative for keeping your food cold.

The hotel was offering free breakfast downstairs which was nice. Buffet style, omelet station. Tables and chairs are set up to sit with strangers in the same table as each table sits 10-12 people. The breakfast included eggs, bacon, sausage, bagel, toast, fruits, cereal, orange juice and water.

We went to the pool the first night it was good because the kids reached the floor as it descended little by little which was good, we liked that. The pool I believe is salt water. There was lot of bugs in the pool though. Towels were available when we got to the pool but no towels after, thankfully we got towels before hand. Other than that the pool is ok.

The restaurant was not open yet but looks like it will be a good place to eat.

One thing you shouldn't miss if you do go is the elevator facing the parking lot as it has clear glass and have a little birds eye view. My boys loved it.

We noticed there was a lot of beetle like bugs in the elevator and lobby floors. Not the greatest to see.

Parking is $16 per day for self parking. The deal we got waived the parking fees and at the time of check out front desk failed to waive the parking fees of $16 per day and charged us. We had to go back and have front desk remove the fees. Complete waste of time.

Overall, we would NOT come back to this hotel. We have stayed at better hotels in Orlando, Florida. Not worth it.

Room Tip: Higher floors though beware it's more expensive the higher the floor/view.
7 Thank MrsG4boys
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Marylin2jag, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am disheartened to read about your disappointment with your stay and am sorry we did not meet your expectations to the extent that you and your family will not B our guest again.

I am glad your family was able to take advantage of our introductory rate special that offers modern décor and accommodations at a below-average price. As stated on our web site, rooms featuring family-friendly bunk beds are located exclusively near the resort’s pool area, which provides children and adults alike with quick and convenient access to our zero-entry pool. While we were not able to meet your expectations regarding the pool area room, I am pleased to read you were satisfied with the room upgrade we offered your family on the 12th floor, which is one of only five floors within the resort that provide access to our Observation Elevator. Our Observation Elevator has been a hit with our guests, as it offers unparalleled views of Disney fireworks in the evening and of the Florida sunrise each morning.

I appreciate your candor and commentary regarding room air conditioning, bathroom, pool area, and interactions with front desk personnel (however, it is great our front desk team was able to provide your family with a fantastic room upgrade!). Please be assured our feedback has reviewed with our Director of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping for their review and follow-up.

Lastly, I trust that you discussed your concerns with a member of our management team prior to your departure; however, if you did not, please contact me via email at rafael.ortiz-martinez@bresortlbv.com. I will B happy to discuss your concerns with you in greater detail. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and thank you for being our guest.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Please note this hotel is very pretty and modern. This hotel reminds me of MIAMI... not typical Disney... and for the reason of my stay... This was very appealing.

On a whim I booked this hotel for an overnight stay with the B hotel "B Wed package" the package includes overnight accommodations, 2pm check out, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival and breakfast in bed. What we got.... Overnight accommodations-yes, 2pm Checkout- yes, Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival- maybe; strawberries - yes.... Champagne- NO, a bottle of $6.97 white wine (which neither of us enjoyed and it was warm) and it arrived to our room about 1hr and 15mins after check-in making it a little weird, to surprise my husband. Two ladies knock on the door with a cart and roll into the room to drop things off.

Breakfast in bed... HA! - Ask the guy at the front desk... He said "no problem" sales has taken care of that for you. Ask that person who delivered the wine and berries, she told me breakfast in bed would consist of us going down, getting food from the buffet and bringing it back to our room. ~ Not my idea of breakfast in bed... But hey... maybe my expectations are misguided. This being said, we entertained the breakfast buffet the next morning and was really not the makings of a "romantic" weekend. A line full of families ( to be expected in a Disney area) a mis guided hostess, and room full of tables with 8-10 strangers eating breakfast. Mind you... if this was just a regular vacation of fun and sun at Disney... Maybe not such a bad setup... But a romantic weekend for a couple with NO children... and a romantic package accommodations...
Eek.

The overall experience, the surprise for my husband... It wasn't what I expected.... We slept with the TV on all night to drown out the sound of the elevator, next to our room, in addition to the Ice machine next to our room. If this wasn't enough there was constant sounds of some type of mechanical or construction just above our room ( killing the romance).

Again, for the look and feel of the hotel, NICE.... The fact that I paid nearly $120+ more than the average guest for a romantic experience, not so nice. We called the front desk, ask for a manager. The assistant housekeeping supervisor came to our room and we explained our concern. She was very apologetic and offered to reduce the cost of our stay to not pay for the "romantic experience" portion of the visit. Upon check out I noticed a credit for $60.

If I were to be asked am I satisfied with the resolution of this matter... NO - Reason: as constant traveler with Hilton and Marriott, late check out would have been free if I stayed at a recognized brand. 6 strawberries from Godiva may have cost $25, the "wine" for $6.97 that was not consumed, and the FREE buffet breakfast that was given to all guest, was total chaos and is not my idea of breakfast in bed. ( Current special at hotel $99 per night, Romantic package $229)

I have entered this review online at the request of the manager who visited our room She advised this was the best way to get the attention of the GM and ensure this doesn't happen in the future. I hate to be the guinea pig especially at my expense. But at least for someone else looking for a romantic weekend, you will know what to expect.

Room Tip: For a romantic weekend... not one near the elevator or Ice Machine.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank SBFL2014
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
SBFL2014, thank you for being our guest and sharing your recent experience with us. I am disheartened to read that your B WED experience fell short on different occasions. I have forwarded your comments to the rest of the leadership team for their review and follow-up, however, I would like to discuss your experience further. If you can please contact me at rafael.ortiz-martinez@bresortlbv.com, I will B happy to assist you. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences and thank you for being our guest.
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a new resort located very close to Downtown Disney. This resort is still undergoing renovations hence the great introductory prices and perks. Until the end of July, the hotel is offering free breakfast & waived resort fee. There are parking fees; self/valet. The staff are extremely accommodating and friendly. We had two separate visits and rooms during our vacation due to a cruise. Our first room was located in the 2-story bldg which contained a King bed and twin bunks. Room size was great which offered great sleeping arrangements but the bathroom size was way too small to accommodate 2 adults and 2 teens. There were no towel racks or bars to hang towels or wash cloths. Also our view was facing the parking lot so not much to see. On our return trip from the cruise I requested an upgraded room to the towers which were AWESOME! The rooms are larger as well as the bathroom. Great walk in shower with plenty of space. Towel bars were present and plenty of space for everyone. I would definitely return but only to a tower room.

Room Tip: Select high floors in the towers
1 Thank twn030577
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I went this past weekend to the best hotel to go to in Orlando . Especially in July. The offer this month includes waiving the hotel fee and complimentary buffet breakfast . And this was no ordinary basket of pre_packaged sugary treats. A chef is there making personalized omelets, bacon, eggs, sausages, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit, muffins. And the staff will be friendly and helpful every step of the way. Now if rooms need reviews these are top notch . We stayed in deluxe rooms with ample space , huge walk in shower and extra soft bedding. Four stars all around!

Room Tip: Choose higher up to access view of fireworks or if you prefer to have easy access to pool ask for po...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank lesley s
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I don't know where to begin!!!.... From the moment we pulled up to the valet I was impressed with the scenery and service. We were warmly greated by the valet, who directed us to another warm greating from the staff who checked us in. Everyone was very friendly to say the least. The hotel is currently going to some renovations, which are mostly complete, but it's looks and feels very luxurious! They served a complimentarly buffet breakfast, which even included an omelete station. I was very impressed with the overall experience and will definitely be returning when I go back to Orlando.

1 Thank TravelKrew23
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
TravelKrew23, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am delighted to read that you were able to experience our team’s Self-Expression Hospitality during your stay. We look forward to the completion of the other amenities in the coming weeks. Once again, thank you for staying with us at B Resort & Spa and we look forward having you B Our Guest on your next trip to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista.