“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #121 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Leesburg, Florida
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here August 6,7 and 8th. Rooms are super clean and the new pool is great. Stayed in the tower and had great view of disney fireworks. Got a taste of the new american Q restaurant and the food is great. Overall had a great stay and the location is perfect if your going to the theme parks. It would be hard to find a cleaner hotel with a friendlier staff.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tarpon Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were so excited to book this hotel. When I was doing the online reservation there was something at the end to like the hotel and there is an upgrade for that. So much for that. They did not honour it and was told I was already updated to the captivating room which was the room I booked for (so whats the upgrade on that). I wish they would just not get tied up with those misleading promotion. Another is that I paid $20 extra for the captivating room so we can see the park view (fireworks) but we were given the highway view with Golden Corral as the centre of attraction. I also find the stuff toys that has a high price tag in the room disturbing. I have to keep it from my kids. The room is neat and clean though. Bathroom was awesome. The staff were nice and friendly. The beds were neatly done. The fridge is so small. Complimentary breakfast was also good.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
janus225, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am disappointed to read about your check-in experience that resulted in the misrepresentation the complimentary upgrade promotion which is solely based on a availability at time of check-in and assignment of incorrect room type. On the other hand, I am happy that you were able to enjoy our guest rooms and it’s amenities. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me at rafael.ortiz-martinez@bresortlbv.com. Once again, thank you for your feedback and being our guest.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wow! What a great hotel the B Hotel is in the Disney area. The resort has been completely remodeled & the chic color scheme is clean & modern with deep blues and white. Very pristine. The staff is exceptional/matching the resort. Very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. They are happy to assist whatever need you have. Another area is the pool- it is spacious with a beautiful walk in pool. I had another hotel booked for a future date, but cancelled it and will be staying at this hotel every time I visit the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
J R, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am excited that you have found your hotel of choice when visiting the area and that you were able to experience our team’s Self-Expression Hospitality and commitment to guest service. Indeed our resort has been completely remodeled and is ‘not your typical Disney area hotel’. Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your next visit.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights here...it is located on Disney property (in the same area as Holiday Inn and Hilton hotels among others) and an easy 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney. They do have shuttles that run every 30 minutes but at night you're better off walking to downtown because the traffic is heavy and slow moving this time of year especially. Shuttles to the parks also run every 30 minutes (or so)...Once you're in a park it's easy to get from park to park with the Disney transportation options...just remember when you're done for the day/night you will need to go to the buses that are located in the parking lot across from the Disney buses as they are run by a separate company...still not a hassle.

No doubt that this is a beautiful resort...but they definitely still have some work to do. The spa is not completed and The restaurant, American Q, was almost ready but not quite...looks like a pretty neat concept and layout. Breakfast was ok but nothing great...of course that may change once its in a regular restaurant setting.
Our room was very nice! We first were on the 12th floor in a King room (1219) facing the main highway...not a great view but the room was really nice! and the bathroom was huge! We called down to the front desk and asked if we could change to a room with a view of downtown Disney or the parks...Jennifer was very friendly and accommodating and was able to move us to the 11th floor (1120) and she sent someone up to switch our keys and the room was FABULOUS! it's a suite with a King room and a separate sitting area...floor to ceiling windows and a decent view...pretty at night...of downtown Disney. There is a VERY SMALL refrigerator unit in the room...BUT it's only good for chilling beverages and has limited space.

They do not have any vending machines and no place to purchase snacks or beverages in the hotel unless you want to eat from the tempting snack tray that is in your room...every item is $5.00 + tax ...so we were forced to call room service for 2 coke zeros...8oz bottles for $2.00 + tax EACH!! I must note that it was appreciated that upon check in we received 2 bottles of complimentary water :) SO be sure to plan ahead and pick up your own snacks and beverages before coming in.

There is a very small Disney store in the hotel where you can purchase your park tickets and pick up a few last minute souvenirs.

They have clearly put ALOT of money time and effort into this hotel. Didn't have any issues with air conditioning...worked great. Bed was very comfortable...request for extra pillows was not a problem.

A few glitches to be noted:
*The Cocktail hour bar is a nice touch but they have no "top-shelf" brands to choose from and once cocktail hour is over they charge $6.00 for a "well-brand'" in a flimsy plastic cup...it isn't such a classy way to go for a place so nice...even upgrading to a hard clear plastic cup would be better.

*We used the valet service for parking ($16 daily for regular or $21 for valet)...prior to heading downstairs to check out we called ahead to the front desk (as they requested) and asked that our car be brought up...When we got down there about 10 minutes later our car was not brought up and the attendant said they were never notified...not a big deal but a better system and communication definitely needs to be worked on.

*They do not supply you with a receipt under your door the night before checking out and/or provide a way to confirm what your final room charges are except to stop at the front desk...and if people are checking in or out you have to wait in line to be able to be sure your bill is correct and leave. When I asked about this I was told it is because the hotel is "green" and using less paper and a lot of people don't want a receipt...OK...that's fine BUT, in my opinion they should give people the option either at check in to request a copy of their bill prior to checking out and/or to have the ability to review it on a TV hotel channel like some hotels do.(If that existed we didn't find it and were not told about it upon checking in).

*More importantly...Our bill was incorrect (which seems to be a regular occurrence from what I've read in previous reviews)...If you don't review your bill prior to checking out then you may be over charged...as we were...SO PAY ATTENTION AND GET A RECEIPT! :)

Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay and thought the location was great! ALTHOUGH... Nothing beats staying at an actual Disney Resort Hotel BUT If you want to stay on Disney property and have the benefit of on property transportation and being able to walk to Downtown Disney this also a GREAT choice. We would be willing to stay here again at some point when it is actually completed...would love to check out the spa and restaurant.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor with a view of downtown Disney or Disney park view...much better to...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjmiller6
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband plus 3 teenage children stayed here from 18th July for 7 nights. This hotel was amazing. The room is spacious and had a large bathroom with shower, no bath. The staff were both friendly and helpful giving us bottles of water and helping us with any questions. There was tea and coffee in the lobby available in the morning and then this was changed to chilled water. In the evening there were complementary drinks and snacks as well. When checking in I asked for a room with a view of the fireworks, which they gave us and my daughter was able to watch them from her sofa bed every night. It was a great advantage having a room that could accommodate 5 which is rare without having to pay for a rollaway for the 5th person. My daughter is 16 and she slept comfortable in the sofa bed provided. The air con is quite noisy, it didn't bother us as we were tired after the parks but we moved to another hotel after this and realised how noisy it was. We were offered a complementary breakfast which meant we didn't have to find somewhere to eat before going to the parks it was lovely and set us up for the day. We didn't have a car so we used their bus transport to the Disney parks which was great. The bus stops at 2 hotels before the B Resort, we never had to wait long for a bus to the park any day, getting the bus back was easy as well. One evening coming back to the hotel after fireworks at Hollywood Studios we got on the bus but even after the bus driver asked people to make space and move back they didn't, a man who obviously working for the company rang to ask for another bus to come and people from 7 hotels got on the bus and we were the 3rd stop. Downtown Disney is close by and we were able to walk here in about 5-10 minutes which was faster than taking the hotel bus we found after the first night. I am not sure if they have a laundry room and it is not ready to use yet because when we asked we were told we could use the Hilton next door, the machines are big and charge $3 for both washing and drying. There are places to eat close by within walking distance if you don't have a car including downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the fireworks
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jackieroc, greetings from B Resort & Spa and thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am thrilled to read that you and your family found our hotel to B amazing as you enjoyed the added values offered to our guests during the final stages of our redevelopment, brand new guest room equipped with sleeper sofa, and the complimentary transportation to/from the Disney Theme Parks. I have also shared your AC comments with our Director of Engineering for his review and follow-up. Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

St. Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked a last minute room on Wednesday at the B for one night after looking at the great reviews and photos online. The modern decor and new renovations were really appealing to me, plus the introductory price was really great so I had high expectations.

When I called the reservationist, I was clear that I needed a King Bed for my husband and I and sleeping accommodations for my 2 kids. I also requested an upgraded room so the reservationist put me in one of their Captivating King rooms with a pullout sofa and floor to ceiling glass windows. The bathroom in this room was gorgeous with a really large walk in shower with flow to ceiling glass. This sounded like a great idea because I liked the idea of having a slightly larger room.

Upon arriving, we realized that the pullout sleeper sofa will actually only accommodate one person as it is a twin sleeper sofa. I wish we had know that prior to booking. We've stayed in many hotels with pullout sleeper sofas and they've always slept 2 so if you stay at the B, know that the sleeper sofa will only sleep one. I'm not sure that was very well thought out because most hotels sleep 2 or 4 but never 3, which would be the case with the first room we were assigned.

After we figured out that room wouldn't work for us, I didn't think it would be an issue. I went to the front desk and asked for a roll away bed but they don't have those. After explaining our situation with 4 in the room and not having a place for my 5 year old to sleep, they weren't quick to offer a solution. I guess they expected it would be normal to have my kid sleep on the floor? I actually considered pushing couch cushions together on the floor to make him a pallet but when I asked for more linens and blankets to do that, I was told they didn't have any spare comforters so I left the front desk really aggravated and walked back to my room upstairs.

Shortly after making it back to my room, the front desk called and suggested we move to another room with bunk beds for my kids. I wasn't particularly excited about that because it meant we'd be moving to a smaller room that was a little less posh but that was a tradeoff we'd have to make in order to have a room that truly slept 4.

We gathered all of our belongings and moved across the property the the building by the pool with 2 floors. The first room we were taken to had 2 queen beds, not what we'd agreed upon so we had to wait a few minutes for the correct room key to a room with a King bed and bunks.

Once we made it into our final room, we settled in. I'm assuming this room had never been occupied before because there was still plastic on the bathroom mirror but that wasn't an issue. What was an issue was a darkened, discolored stain around 8-12" on the wall near the ceiling that appeared like it could be mold. I'm not really sure what it was but it was a bit of a concern to see something like that in a hotel that was recently renovated and painted (we could still smell the fresh paint). For one night, I'd tolerate it because it was late and I didn't want to move again.

There were more problems ahead though. The AC wouldn't cool the room. After being in the room for 2 hours, the temperature never dropped and the fan was extremely loud. It ran all night long without cutting off but no cool air came out. Also, the shower didn't work right because about 1/3 of the water came out of the shower head while the rest of the water still came out of the tub faucet. I tried it and so did my husband and neither of us had any luck making it work properly. This meant the standing in the tub with dirty water that poorly drained while only a little water came out of the shower head. Not something I was happy about after a long day at Disney and just wanting a cool room and refreshing shower.

At this point, it was around 10:30 at night and we could still hear pool music booming through the sliding glass door. I was told the pool closed at 11 so I waited until then to go to sleep because the noise from the pool area and the loud AC fan made it hard to relax and get sleepy. At 11:20 we could still hear pool music so I called the desk and they had engineering turn it off.

Aside from all of those issues, I will say that there were some things that I did like about the hotel. The decor is beautiful and it has a very clean, modern feel. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were crisp and refreshing. It could have been a great stay had there not been the miscommunication from the beginning with the sleeping accommodations for the room.

At checkout the next morning, we were offered free parking for our troubles and a $35 discount which still made our grand total just under $100. I wasn't happy with that and felt that spending nearly $100 for a hotel stay that had so many issues wasn't providing great customer service in my opinion. After requesting to speak with the manager because I felt they should do more, I was comped the entire room rate for the night. That is the only reason I've given a 3 star review instead of making it lower. I don't feel like I should have even need to ask for a manager after all of the trouble but it seems like so many places are lacking in customer service these days that they don't offer to do the right thing until the customer makes an issue out of it.

Would I stay here again? I'm not sure at this point. It would depend on how much they increase their rates. I really wanted to love this hotel and maybe we just had a really bad experience that is not what other people have experienced at all. The location was great and the decor was really nice. However, it is still an old building and although the lobby looks completely renovated, the hallways and hotel room still have a bit of a dated layout in my opinion with some new paint, tiles, beds, etc.

Room Tip: If you go for the room with pullout sofa, know that it will NOT sleep 2 people.
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dmg78
dmg78, greetings from B Resort & Spa and thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am disheartened to read that our resort was ‘not what you had hoped for’ and that we fell short in our commitment to excellence. On the other hand, I am glad that you enjoyed the décor, modern feel, and cleanliness of the resort. I have also shared your comments with the our Director of Housekeeping and Director of Engineering for their review and follow-up. One again, thank you for contacting us and for being our guest. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at rafael.ortiz-martinez@bresortlbv.com.

Miami, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at the recently opened B resort and we were very happy with the accomodations. Loved the bunk beds in our room that also had a king bed. Great for families!! The pool area was extremely nice and relaxing!! THe restaurant was not finished so was not open-but looks like a very nice BBQ restaurant. We will definitely return again!

Room Tip: the lanai area rooms are only 2 stories but only has 1 elevator so if you're on the 2nd floor yo...
1 Thank sarated13
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
sarated13, greetings from B Resort & Spa and thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am delighted to read that you and your family were ‘happy’ with our accommodations. Indeed, our family guest rooms featuring bunk beds are extremely convenient and are very popular. I am also excited to share that our restaurant, AmericanQ, is now open and ready for guests to enjoy. Once again, thank you for your time and being our guests. We look forward to your next trip to the area.