“Not yet ready for "Prime Time"”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of B Resort & Spa

B Resort & Spa
Ranked #117 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Birmingham, Alabama
“Not yet ready for "Prime Time"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed for four nights, August 1-5. I booked through Kayak and got a good rate for this highly desirable area in Disney. We arrived at the hotel about 10 pm and were checked in fairly quickly. The room we were given was on the first floor with sliding glass doors to the parking lot. I was not comfortable with that so went to the front desk and asked for a different room. We were told they were full and there were no rooms other than a handicap equipped room. We accepted that. Upon entering the room we were blasted with heat. The AC fan was blowing but not cooling. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone to check it. After politely waiting about 15 minutes I called again. A few minutes later two men arrived who determined it could not be fixed. So back to the front desk we went, this time sweaty and very tired (by now 11:30 p.m.) Luckily Jennifer at the front desk, who was very kind and helpful, gave us an upgraded room on the 14th floor at no additional charge.

The room and bathroom were very stylish and comfortable. Decorations are modern and new and it was quiet. We had a view of the interstate with the pool below. The bed was extremely comfortable. The shower was amazing.

What we didn't like: We wanted to sit by the pool and have drinks in the afternoon when we returned from baseball games. When we got there the bar was not open. Evidently it was not operational yet. We heard there had been a cooler set up earlier but it was empty and there was no staff around to ask at all. There was no way to get a drink at the pool. I went to the front desk and they said they would send room service, but they never came. The towels were also gone. The next day we tried again with the same results. Had I known that I would have booked another hotel as there are many in that area with wonderful pools.

Each afternoon a very small bar was set up in the lobby. That was the only place to get a drink. A beer was $5. It was not convenient to go to the lobby and back to the pool. Had the pool bar been open we probably would have enjoyed it a lot, as the pool, while not large, is very nice.

The hotel did provide complimentary breakfast since the restaurant was not yet open, and it was very nice. They also had a bus service that would take you to Disney locations at no charge. We did appreciate that but it was crowded and stopped at EVERY other hotel on Lake Buena Vista Drive on the way to Downtown Disney. We walked back.

I knew from reviews and the website the hotel was just opening and was not 100% operational. My advice would be to figure out if you can live with what is not open. We have taken chances before and been very pleased. With time this will be a nice hotel, but until they get it fully open and operational, I would not book here if you are interested in amenities like pool bar, hotel bar, restaurant or spa.

Room Tip: Go ahead and pay more for a room in the tower. The less expensive rooms are on the first and second...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MJV
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
MJV, greetings from B Resort & Spa and thank you for sharing your recent experience. First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconsistencies in service during your 5 night stay with us. I have shared your comments with the rest of the leadership team for their review and follow-up. I am happy to read that you found our beds to be ‘extremely comfortable’ and the shower was ‘amazing’ as they are two of my favorite features in our guest rooms. Please feel free to contact me at rafael.ortiz-martinez@bresortlbv.com if you would like to discuss your experience further. Once again, my apologies and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to you being our guests at the conclusion of our redevelopment.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent stay: accommodations were clean, crisp, comfortable, and cool. Personnel (staff & management) were very communicative, personable, easy to work with; especially the valet. The breakfast crew was excellent from the servers to the cooks at the "eggs your way station" they were all great.

Room Tip: Use the upgrade option after you have made your reservation.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here August 6,7 and 8th. Rooms are super clean and the new pool is great. Stayed in the tower and had great view of disney fireworks. Got a taste of the new american Q restaurant and the food is great. Overall had a great stay and the location is perfect if your going to the theme parks. It would be hard to find a cleaner hotel with a friendlier staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Tarpon Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were so excited to book this hotel. When I was doing the online reservation there was something at the end to like the hotel and there is an upgrade for that. So much for that. They did not honour it and was told I was already updated to the captivating room which was the room I booked for (so whats the upgrade on that). I wish they would just not get tied up with those misleading promotion. Another is that I paid $20 extra for the captivating room so we can see the park view (fireworks) but we were given the highway view with Golden Corral as the centre of attraction. I also find the stuff toys that has a high price tag in the room disturbing. I have to keep it from my kids. The room is neat and clean though. Bathroom was awesome. The staff were nice and friendly. The beds were neatly done. The fridge is so small. Complimentary breakfast was also good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
janus225, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am disappointed to read about your check-in experience that resulted in the misrepresentation the complimentary upgrade promotion which is solely based on a availability at time of check-in and assignment of incorrect room type. On the other hand, I am happy that you were able to enjoy our guest rooms and it’s amenities. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me at rafael.ortiz-martinez@bresortlbv.com. Once again, thank you for your feedback and being our guest.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wow! What a great hotel the B Hotel is in the Disney area. The resort has been completely remodeled & the chic color scheme is clean & modern with deep blues and white. Very pristine. The staff is exceptional/matching the resort. Very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. They are happy to assist whatever need you have. Another area is the pool- it is spacious with a beautiful walk in pool. I had another hotel booked for a future date, but cancelled it and will be staying at this hotel every time I visit the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rafael O, Guest Relations Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
J R, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am excited that you have found your hotel of choice when visiting the area and that you were able to experience our team’s Self-Expression Hospitality and commitment to guest service. Indeed our resort has been completely remodeled and is ‘not your typical Disney area hotel’. Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your next visit.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights here...it is located on Disney property (in the same area as Holiday Inn and Hilton hotels among others) and an easy 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney. They do have shuttles that run every 30 minutes but at night you're better off walking to downtown because the traffic is heavy and slow moving this time of year especially. Shuttles to the parks also run every 30 minutes (or so)...Once you're in a park it's easy to get from park to park with the Disney transportation options...just remember when you're done for the day/night you will need to go to the buses that are located in the parking lot across from the Disney buses as they are run by a separate company...still not a hassle.

No doubt that this is a beautiful resort...but they definitely still have some work to do. The spa is not completed and The restaurant, American Q, was almost ready but not quite...looks like a pretty neat concept and layout. Breakfast was ok but nothing great...of course that may change once its in a regular restaurant setting.
Our room was very nice! We first were on the 12th floor in a King room (1219) facing the main highway...not a great view but the room was really nice! and the bathroom was huge! We called down to the front desk and asked if we could change to a room with a view of downtown Disney or the parks...Jennifer was very friendly and accommodating and was able to move us to the 11th floor (1120) and she sent someone up to switch our keys and the room was FABULOUS! it's a suite with a King room and a separate sitting area...floor to ceiling windows and a decent view...pretty at night...of downtown Disney. There is a VERY SMALL refrigerator unit in the room...BUT it's only good for chilling beverages and has limited space.

They do not have any vending machines and no place to purchase snacks or beverages in the hotel unless you want to eat from the tempting snack tray that is in your room...every item is $5.00 + tax ...so we were forced to call room service for 2 coke zeros...8oz bottles for $2.00 + tax EACH!! I must note that it was appreciated that upon check in we received 2 bottles of complimentary water :) SO be sure to plan ahead and pick up your own snacks and beverages before coming in.

There is a very small Disney store in the hotel where you can purchase your park tickets and pick up a few last minute souvenirs.

They have clearly put ALOT of money time and effort into this hotel. Didn't have any issues with air conditioning...worked great. Bed was very comfortable...request for extra pillows was not a problem.

A few glitches to be noted:
*The Cocktail hour bar is a nice touch but they have no "top-shelf" brands to choose from and once cocktail hour is over they charge $6.00 for a "well-brand'" in a flimsy plastic cup...it isn't such a classy way to go for a place so nice...even upgrading to a hard clear plastic cup would be better.

*We used the valet service for parking ($16 daily for regular or $21 for valet)...prior to heading downstairs to check out we called ahead to the front desk (as they requested) and asked that our car be brought up...When we got down there about 10 minutes later our car was not brought up and the attendant said they were never notified...not a big deal but a better system and communication definitely needs to be worked on.

*They do not supply you with a receipt under your door the night before checking out and/or provide a way to confirm what your final room charges are except to stop at the front desk...and if people are checking in or out you have to wait in line to be able to be sure your bill is correct and leave. When I asked about this I was told it is because the hotel is "green" and using less paper and a lot of people don't want a receipt...OK...that's fine BUT, in my opinion they should give people the option either at check in to request a copy of their bill prior to checking out and/or to have the ability to review it on a TV hotel channel like some hotels do.(If that existed we didn't find it and were not told about it upon checking in).

*More importantly...Our bill was incorrect (which seems to be a regular occurrence from what I've read in previous reviews)...If you don't review your bill prior to checking out then you may be over charged...as we were...SO PAY ATTENTION AND GET A RECEIPT! :)

Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay and thought the location was great! ALTHOUGH... Nothing beats staying at an actual Disney Resort Hotel BUT If you want to stay on Disney property and have the benefit of on property transportation and being able to walk to Downtown Disney this also a GREAT choice. We would be willing to stay here again at some point when it is actually completed...would love to check out the spa and restaurant.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor with a view of downtown Disney or Disney park view...much better to...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjmiller6
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband plus 3 teenage children stayed here from 18th July for 7 nights. This hotel was amazing. The room is spacious and had a large bathroom with shower, no bath. The staff were both friendly and helpful giving us bottles of water and helping us with any questions. There was tea and coffee in the lobby available in the morning and then this was changed to chilled water. In the evening there were complementary drinks and snacks as well. When checking in I asked for a room with a view of the fireworks, which they gave us and my daughter was able to watch them from her sofa bed every night. It was a great advantage having a room that could accommodate 5 which is rare without having to pay for a rollaway for the 5th person. My daughter is 16 and she slept comfortable in the sofa bed provided. The air con is quite noisy, it didn't bother us as we were tired after the parks but we moved to another hotel after this and realised how noisy it was. We were offered a complementary breakfast which meant we didn't have to find somewhere to eat before going to the parks it was lovely and set us up for the day. We didn't have a car so we used their bus transport to the Disney parks which was great. The bus stops at 2 hotels before the B Resort, we never had to wait long for a bus to the park any day, getting the bus back was easy as well. One evening coming back to the hotel after fireworks at Hollywood Studios we got on the bus but even after the bus driver asked people to make space and move back they didn't, a man who obviously working for the company rang to ask for another bus to come and people from 7 hotels got on the bus and we were the 3rd stop. Downtown Disney is close by and we were able to walk here in about 5-10 minutes which was faster than taking the hotel bus we found after the first night. I am not sure if they have a laundry room and it is not ready to use yet because when we asked we were told we could use the Hilton next door, the machines are big and charge $3 for both washing and drying. There are places to eat close by within walking distance if you don't have a car including downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the fireworks
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jackieroc, greetings from B Resort & Spa and thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I am thrilled to read that you and your family found our hotel to B amazing as you enjoyed the added values offered to our guests during the final stages of our redevelopment, brand new guest room equipped with sleeper sofa, and the complimentary transportation to/from the Disney Theme Parks. I have also shared your AC comments with our Director of Engineering for his review and follow-up. Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.