“Front end of the Curve”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Artisan's Table is the kind of restaurant that Orlando has sorely needed and I hope it begets more like it. The interesting/innovative cocktails are fun and the menu is intriguing. I would have ordered one of every appetizer if I could have eaten that much and my entrée, bar-b-qued swordfish over a grilled watermelon salad was fabulous. As noted in some other reviews, our server was inexperienced. He wasn't disinterested but he wasn't trained and that should be rectified because a restaurant this good deserves a great wait staff. I look forward to going back soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The food, drinks, service, decor are all amazing! I was wowed by every aspect of this restaurant. I wanted to kiss the chef! Who knew something as basic as a burger could be so heavenly?!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Came to eat on night a few weeks ago on a Friday night. We walked in and were greeted and sat by the hostess. I noticed it was a very slow with only two other tables in the dining room. A few moments later we were greeted by a less than enthusiastic server. She walked over and said hello and welcome and said she would be back with water. When she returned she poured the water and asked us if we had made our decisions. Nothing was ever described or recommended. I was originally very excited to try this restaurant as I had heard about the unique offerings on the menu. When a restaurant has a unique menu with daily specials it should be a point to go over and describe in detail what they offer. Needless to say we needed a few minutes. We ordered a few appetizers. The first being the calamari and the second being a yellow fin tuna app. The Calamari was very good. I was happy to see sautéed calamari as it's usually fried in most places. The Tuna app however was very disappointing. Yellowfin tuna is a wonderful fish. usually seared rare or even eaten raw in a sushi/sashimi style. One thing is for sure... Well done is not a temperature that should EVER be done with this fish. The texture breaks down, and the flavor cooks out. After the appetizers dinner. Both plates were pretty good. I liked the use of fresh ingredients not commonly found in plates or used together. The one thing that never improved was the service. It was slow and she seemed like she had something much better to do. However, maybe she did on a Friday night in Downtown Orlando. I don't see myself returning which is a shame as I had very high hopes.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Literally the best meal that I have had in Orlando! I have gone to "fancier" restaurants in Winter Park, but the Artisan's Table upstages all of them. The quality, the uniqueness of their menu, and the price make this restaurant the total package. It is a restaurant that you will linger at. I have eaten there twice, once with a large party for brunch and once with a small party for lunch. For my first meal, their burger made with ground short rib and brisket topped with a bacon marmalade and house-made relish and then sandwiched between a brioche bun exceeded my expectations. I eschewed the sides in favor of a cocktail, the apricot sidecar. My friends delighted in their gorgeous and flavorful mimosas. For my second trip, I tried the kalbi cheesesteak after spending several minutes debating what I should try. I wasn't disappointed and have already made plans to head there for a breakfast date with my husband. You can book the private room if you want to dine with a large party of friends and there is a prix fixe lunch menu this summer that looked intriguing. As a parent I would suggest leaving your kids at home and enjoying the meal with your sweetheart or friends.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Recently enjoyed lunch at this stylish locally owned restaurant. The food choices were all interesting and my friends and I appreciated the fresh ingredients and sophisticated presentation and service of the wait staff. I echo the sentiments of another reviewer who suggested you visit this place before it gets so popular you can't get in the door.