“Great Location, Nice Rooms”

Hyatt Place Orlando Universal
Ranked #99 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and I was impressed with the rooms. They were large and spacious (with the exception of the bathroom, which was tiny). Great place to stay if you don't plan on spending much time at the hotel except to sleep. Easy access to I-4 and International Drive, and across the street from Universal. I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we will see you next time !

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We did a late check in after spending all day at Universal, and the staff working the front desk were amazing. They were friendly and accommodating; moving our rooms to be closer together so we were all on the same floor. The rooms were spacious and meticulously clean. I can't sing the praises of the shower enough, either. Instant hot water. I slept great, didn't have any issues with comfort, temperature, or noise levels. The next morning we went down for the complimentary breakfast and were pleasantly surprised to see just how much was included. I will definitely be recommending this hotel for anyone travelling to Universal, and I hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: Some of the double rooms include a pull out couch in case you need a third bed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your terrific experience staying at our hotel! We are delighted you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

When we first arrived the staff was pleasant and friendly. I can not comment enough on how nice they were. The breakfast is great. They have everything from egg sandwiches to bagels and cereal. The one and only reason they did not get a perfect score is the elevators are sooooo slow. But this can be avoided by requesting a lower room. The room was clean and big. They bathroom is a little small but who spends their day in the bathroom? We requested a taxi for the airport the night before, when we came down in the morning (a little earlier that we asked for the taxi) the taxi was right there waiting for us. It is a very easy walk to Universal Studios. Very safe. There is a sidewalk the entire time. Yes you have to cross a busy highway BUT there are traffic signals that tell you when to walk so it is completely safe. Its maybe a 10-15 min walk and its actually a nice walk. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: If you dont want to climb the stairs get a room on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us while staying at our hotel. Your feedback is appreciated. We hope you will be back to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I simply Love this Hotel!!! I stayed there for Minecon a few weeks ago. The staff is super attentive They even noticed I was catching the flu and gave me some Dayquil !! I have never experienced that sort of kindness from anywhere or anyone . I so highly recommend this hotel, a coworker of mine is going next week and I hope her experience is as pleasant as mine was. I cannot begin to describe how awesome this hotel was. After travelling for over 13 years and staying almost everywhere in Orlando/International Drive this hotel really left me Impressed!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aydee N James C
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

I am delighted to here you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time out to tell us about it. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Upon planning a family trip to Universal Studios I was in search of a safe hotel close to Universal that offered certain amenities. I booked Hyatt Place on priceline because they had an awesome deal and all the amenities I wanted. Which consisted of free 'hot' breakfast, free parking, fridge and pullout sleeper. I have two teens who eat anything in sight and hate sharing anything. The Hyatt's rooms are fantastic. Spacious enough for a family of 3 to have a bit of space. I really liked the sectional sofa that pulls out to a full/queen size bed. The location of the hotel was great to because it's a 10 -15 minute walk to Universal. A straight path there, with sidewalks! The only thing is the major street you have to cross - be careful- don't let kids under 12 walk alone. By walking you don't have to pay Universal to park. The hotel also has a shuttle service but it's limited and often crowded. Plus we didn't mind the walk. I felt safe walking at night with my kids because there were other people walking from the hotels and police/security driving around. What made our trip magical was the Disney like customer service we received at the Hyatt. I had to call the hotel 3 times to figure out how to get there. I got so lost (it happens when you live in the City and rarely drive) and the guest services people (2 of them) helped to get us to the hotel, Thank God! The service was fantastic through the whole trip everyone was exceptional from the front desk to the maids. I would recommend this hotel a 100 times over to any family especially single parent's and/or anyone with kids. Great value, great service, great vacation :)

FYI - walmart is a short drive from the hotel. No need to get on a freeway it's down the road, just ask. You can get water, snacks, and disney souvenirs for cheap.

Room Tip: Get a room far from the elevator for less noise and if possible facing Universal. You can see the ro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lasea75
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to here you had an enjoyable stay. Since you have stayed with us we have several new upgrades including new beds and room furniture. We hope you will be back soon to experience them!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

What a lovely hotel, rooms brilliant, food likewise but ohhhhhhh how slow the elevators were to get up and down.

Breakfast was so good that when you went up for more, you found that the staff had cleared your plate and someone else was sitting in you seat!

And virtually no wifi anywhere...not good.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a high floor as your stay will be in the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KenSolihull_England

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear about the problem that occurred with the elevator. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention! We hope that when you return you will have a better experience. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have yet to find a HYATT place that didn't meet all my expectations. I LOVE all HYATTS. The staff is always very professional and helpful. The concierges have always been more than accommodating with information. The rooms are always consistent - that being FABULOUS

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm so glad to hear you loved your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!