“Great Place to Stay! Excellent Staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Orlando Universal
Ranked #80 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lavaca, Arkansas
“Great Place to Stay! Excellent Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated excellent! The check in staff on the afternoon of the 31st of July were fabulous. Daisy was very friendly and very nice, and put my son and daughter and their families in an oversized room that was very much appreciated. Shelby was our favorite, she was very friendly and helpful. We asked her questions about good places to eat and she recommended a couple of places. We tried Millers Ale House an it was absolutely fabulous. Thanks Shelby! She was a good bartender too. My wife still talks about the margarita she made her. Daisy and Shelby were very helpful and very nice to talk to. They were extremely helpful with any needs or questions we had. Shelby made the rest of my family feel very welcome when they arrived on Friday afternoon. She just a breath of fresh air and my family thought she was so sweet!
The rest of the staff, from the lady and gentleman working the 2 mornings my wife and I ate breakfast were very nice and courteous. I believe that Daisy and Shelby need to be congratulated on doing such a fine job making our stay more enjoyable. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to the Orlando/Universal Studio Area. Again, Thanks Shelby and Daisy and the other staff at the front desk. D Wein

Room Tip: If you have a big family ask for an oversized room. Ask for a room on the East side of the building...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hi Dean,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for telling us about your stay. I'm delighted to hear that Shelby and Daisy made your family feel welcome and made your stay fantastic! I will be sure to let them know. We are very lucky to have them on our Hyatt Place team. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt for two nights, the hotel is great and the location is awesome. Breakfast was really good, Starbucks brew and all that stuff. My only complain is that the staff wasn't as helpful, they locked me out of my room twice, because of issues with my card. I had to pay cash and nobody really understood what was going on I had to withdraw cash and pay for the whole thing.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Vick,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so sorry that you had an issue with your credit card. We understand that sometimes these things occur when traveling. We do however require payment for the rooms. I am sorry to hear you were inconvieneced by having to pay with cash. I am glad you were able to stay with us and that you enjoyed our breakfast!
Thank you!
Orchard Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I love the Hyatt Place concept particularly the 24/7 menu and that I can get a glass of wine at the casual counter. My first Hyatt Place visit was to a new Hyatt Place and the three other visits have been to refurbished hotels that are now Hyatt Place. Bathroom is tiny and the lighting is poor. The separate sink and dressing area is nice and roomy enough. The hallways really show the age of the hotel as does the elevator. The Orlando hotel's employees were wonderful, the breakfast had great variety but the hotel is still old, old, old. I don't believe that the Hyatt Place hotels are held to the Hyatt standards that made the name Hyatt synonomous with quality.

Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm glad you found our employees to be fantastic and enjoyed the variety in our complimentary hot breakfast. Our property was renovated under a year ago and includes new beds, carpet, couches, chairs, drapes, and newly designed modern public areas. Thank you for staying with us!
oakland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family stayed here a few weeks ago for a one-day grand slam visit to Universal Studios to satiate the Harry Potter fan in this mama. We've stayed at a Hyatt Place before and this is our second one to try.

First off, the location is quite convenient for access to Universal Studios. There's a free shuttle that you can sign up for (first come, first serve early morning) that takes you to and from the amusement park (about 10-15 minute ride as it picks up from four hotels in the area). You sign up at the front desk the morning you want to visit (wake up early to get your pick of shuttle time departures--there are limited quantites) and meet outside the hotel near the entrance to the lot at scheduled time. The last shuttle pick up from Universal Studios back to the hotel is at 8:30 p.m. If that's too early, I'm sure it's easy and reasonably priced to catch a cab back. Also, there's a TGIF's about a 5-minute walk from the hotel if you decide to have lunch or dinner closer to the hotel. I saw a few small souvenir stores nearby.

Rooms are clean and fairly spacious. The only disappointment I had with this Hyatt Place (and this could be due to limited kitchen space) were the food offerings for their free hot breakfast. Despite lack of space for tables to sit and eat (as a family of four, we made do), the breakfast options were average. Our previous stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki was beyond expectations in terms of breakfast choices. The hot food goes quickly and waiting for them to refill it can take some time. There's also a lack of variety. Sometimes, the cereals were out and my kids would get frustrated waiting for it to be refilled. Perhaps they were short-staffed during our stay, we didn't complain as we understand it's hard work.

Other than that, I like Hyatt Place because having a free hot breakfast saves a lot of time and money for my family and I while traveling. I also like how you can borrow certain amenities for free (i.e. yoga mat, weights, straightening iron, etc). They're truly trying to make you feel "at home," while not having to bring your entire "house" with you. Parking is also a FREE!

You can also purchase amusement park tickets (for sure Universal Studios, unsure for WDW and others) on site. It's probably limited quantity, too. In short, I'd stay here again.

Location
2 Thank better3rd
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm glad your stay was pleasant and we look forward to seeing you again. On your next stay please feel free to pick up your Universal shuttle pass on any day as these do not need to be reserved the day of and can be picked up the day before. Universal Studios also changes their shuttle times each month to match up with the park and event hours. We know you have many options when it comes to the hotel you stay at on your vacation, thank you for choosing to stay with us!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at Hyatt Place for 4 nights. The staff were friendly, and always on hand to help with any enquiries you have.

Cleanliness is clearly a priority here, and I appreciate that. The rooms are not the biggest you can find, but are spacious enough and the beds are comfortable.

The Wi-Fi was reliable, easy to setup and quite fast. The TV was big and decent quality, which is nice.

The breakfast has bar had a good variety of things to eat.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi Michael,
Thank you for staying with us. I'm excited to hear that you had a wonderful stay! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi and our large 42" Flat screen TV. We hope to see you again!
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

After a hot exhausting day at Legoland with the kids, we found this hotel to be perfect for us all to relax. Our 2 rooms were mirror images of each other, and were very spacious and immaculate! The staff were super friendly! MR Phil down in the breakfast lobby was very kind and made my 4 year old Grandson feel very special with a goodie bag gift filled with little surprises. The free breakfast was pretty good and kept well stocked despite the hoards of people constantly raiding it! The location near Universal is a bonus if you are going to that park. We would stay here again!

Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us and for telling us about your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that Phil was able to make your grandson's stay extra special! We hope to see you again!
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Room was very small. Bathroom was a challenge. Trying to close the door before using the commode without hitting your toe was a real challenge. Other than room and bathroom size place was adequate.
Breakfast was a good start to the day.
Rooms were clean and service was excellent .

Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. your feedback is important to us and the feedback on the bathroom size and door placement has been used to improve the new Hyatt Places. I am glad to hear that our Gallery Hosts provided you with wonderful guest service. We hope to see you again, Thank you!