I traveled with my husband and 3 kids (aged 4 to 14) for the purpose of visiting Universal Studios Orlando. I didn't realize this hotel had a huge, impressive water park! Many slides, water cannons, inner tubes, a big bucket of water up top that fills up and tips over to splash everyone below... it was a great surprise. There is a kiddie pool with slides, water guns and shallow water for the little ones. There are life-vests for bigger and smaller kids provided by the hotel.
There were plenty of tables and beach chairs, but they did fill up fast. There is a bar right by the pool and a fast-food restaurant and a full-service restaurant. We only ate at the fast food, which served pizza, chicken wings and breadsticks. It also sold bottled juices and bags of chips. Adjacent to it was an arcade.
For those who don't want the huge water park (it could get loud) the hotel also has another pool, outdoors. I did not visit this one but it looked fine and the people there seemed to be enjoying themselves.
The hotel offered a free shuttle to Universal. The driver was prompt and courteous.
The hotel room itself was smaller than I expected, but it wasn't an important issue for me. No fridge, microwave or safe, FYI (I was told there was no microwave oven in the entire bullding, which was a little disappointing for me) The beds and pillows were comfy. My kids got a kick out of the huge beach-ball shaped pillows.
The hotel is made up of several (maybe nine?) bulidings. There are couches, tables and chairs throughout the main level. I found this useful when I bought food from outside, but didn't want to eat it in my room. In the hotel lobby, there is a room with toddler-sized chairs and bean bags. It had a flat-screen TV mounted and Nick Jr was always on. This was a GREAT way to keep my 4 yr old quiet for a few minutes.
There is a little convenience store in the hotel itself. I didn't spend much time there,but I noticed they sold Disney stuffed toys, ice-cream and beer. I'm sure they sold other useful items too, but I just didn't take note.
I did notice a small party room, with party favors and plasticware on tables. I suppose you could book a small birthday party.
Since the purpose of our trip was to visit Universal, we didn't spend as much time in the water park as we would have liked.
They also have a laundry room with several washers and dryers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly hotel and water resort located near the major theme parks and shopping. Coco Key Hotel and Water Resort is Orlando's first canopy covered water park boasting fourteen flumes, featuring "The Boomerango," 60ft of thrill seeking adventure offering twists and turns until you splash into our heated outdoor pool. Coco Key offers a 6,000 sq.ft. arcade featuring over 50 of the newest and coolest video games and interactive gaming on the market today. Coco Key Hotel and Water Resort-Orlando offers 391 well appointed Guestrooms and Suites designed for your Orlando, Florida lodging needs. Amenities include free local calls, coffee/tea makers, self controlled air conditioning, 37" plasma televisions with ESPN, am/fm alarm clock radios. Additional amenities include complimentary transportation to Universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica and Wet n' Wild, complimentary area shuttle, kids club and daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Key Hotel And Water Park Orlando
- Orlando Grand Hotel
- Coco Key Hotel And Water Park Resort Orlando, Florida